TrebleStudios-Don't Starve Fan Art

In honor of my 100 watchers, I did this for you all. 

Give a round of applause for the cast of King of Winter! Glad you enjoyed the show. They appreciate it as much as I do. :grin:
Feel free to ask them anything about the performance, and they'll do their best to answer! (Basically an askbox addressing the characters ^ ^)

100_watchers__king_of_winter___row_bow_b

This is really cool!  :wilson_vforvictory:

• Like 2

Hey, ya'll..

So..my computer went kapoot as of yesterday, so I can't do any digital art until I get a new one..Which could be a while. I know things have been slow as it is, and they've now become slower due to the "death" of my laptop. I apologize for that. I only hope that this thread stays alive long enough for me to get a new computer and post the next comic page once it's finished. 

Sorry to hear about your laptop.

Now that I'm finally back myself, I'm going to wait for you to return (and check out all your recent art that I've missed so much!) ^^

Hopefully I can revive my dead art thread soon too... 

Anyway, I shall go to spam some likes now.. :D

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your laptop.

Now that I'm finally back myself, I'm going to wait for you to return (and check out all your recent art that I've missed so much!) ^^

Hopefully I can revive my dead art thread soon too... 

Anyway, I shall go to spam some likes now.. :grin:

Thanks a bunch, pal. I really appreciate it. <3

When there's no other to talk to, talk to your...pet. If he is considered as such. Maxwell and Momo on another uneventful evening. How exciting. 

I tried like hell to get the little guy's fingers to show up, but I couldn't seem to manage. Momo belongs to BeatusCineris.

an_uneventful_evening_by_treblestudios-d

• Like 1

Well, here I go again..Getting off track. I was doodling to practice a few things and this happened. 

What if I, and a few other artists, did a DS movie for any random story of ours? That would be fun...Anyone up for it? After Unfazed of course...

seduction__don_t_starve_film_screenie__b

Whooo! It's back! Yeah, it seems like a bad idea to use demons to cure a baby, but it's an intriguing idea. I figure red mushrooms and spider glands won't do.

Maxwell wouldn't let Wilson use those if they were available anyway xD Glad you are enjoying it. It's good to know someone is still reading this thing. 

Here's a Maxwell for no reason. Something to take my mind off of the upcoming finals and other big projects..

maxwell_portrait_by_treblestudios-d7e5fy

Edited by TrebleStudios
  • Like 1

Dapper as always, pal. I love how the eyes are drawn--they stay true to the original style, yet make things downright unsettling. Also, that flower on the suit, I never know which side to draw it--I guess I will just draw a flower on each side to fix everything--then again, symmetry isn't appreciated, but um, whatever.

Also, what's the story behind Maxwell's wife? She is not Charlie, right? I forgot her name, what was it? I guess I will just have to wait for the next page, right?

Dapper as always, pal. I love how the eyes are drawn--they stay true to the original style, yet make things downright unsettling. Also, that flower on the suit, I never know which side to draw it--I guess I will just draw a flower on each side to fix everything--then again, symmetry isn't appreciated, but um, whatever.

Also, what's the story behind Maxwell's wife? She is not Charlie, right? I forgot her name, what was it? I guess I will just have to wait for the next page, right?

Thanks! :D I do love his eyes.

His wife's name is Johanna and we'll see her very soon. Charlie isn't in this one, although they do make a cute couple in my opinion. ;)

Thanks! :grin: I do love his eyes.

His wife's name is Johanna and we'll see her very soon. Charlie isn't in this one, although they do make a cute couple in my opinion. ;)

Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to learning more about Johanna, although I am interested in what happened to Charlie if Maxwell and Wilson got off the islands or whatever.

Is the comic using the game universe or is a separate story? I understand you have the characters as actors preforming a movie or play--so the comic would be one of them?

Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to learning more about Johanna, although I am interested in what happened to Charlie if Maxwell and Wilson got off the islands or whatever.

Is the comic using the game universe or is a separate story? I understand you have the characters as actors preforming a movie or play--so the comic would be one of them?

Well, Unfazed takes place in the "real world" after Wilson and Maxwell escape from the wilderness or other dimension. There is a link on the first page to the source of the back story, but Unfazed is mainly and really is in it's entirety a separate story.

Some sketching done for the MAP I plan to put into motion by this summer. Man, it's been a while since I did stuff for this story. 

_kow__character_concept_sketches_by_treb

• Like 2

I just read the backstory and the pieces fit together nicely so far. I'm excited for the next page but I realize how long it can take.

At least the story is done and the main focus on the project is the drawing. Do you find it easier to sketch a ton of pages first then color them later, or to sketch and color a single page?

And what do you mean by "MAP?" Is it animation storyboards or is it translating 2-D images into 3-D?

Just panel boarding in general?

I just read the backstory and the pieces fit together nicely so far. I'm excited for the next page but I realize how long it can take.

At least the story is done and the main focus on the project is the drawing. Do you find it easier to sketch a ton of pages first then color them later, or to sketch and color a single page?

And what do you mean by "MAP?" Is it animation storyboards or is it translating 2-D images into 3-D?

Just panel boarding in general?

I move one page at a time. I sketch out the frames on the long strip, then draw and color each panel individually before resizing them and putting them into the strip. 

A MAP is a Multi-Animator Project and if I get enough people, we're gonna animate King of Winter over the summer in between Unfazed pages and what not. 

• Like 1

I move one page at a time. I sketch out the frames on the long strip, then draw and color each panel individually before resizing them and putting them into the strip. 

A MAP is a Multi-Animator Project and if I get enough people, we're gonna animate King of Winter over the summer in between Unfazed pages and what not. 

I didn't realize you resized them, but drawing big doesn't feel limiting and more detail can be put in so it really does pay off.

And the project sounds really impressive, but I assume you realize the people behind it need to have lots of dedication and organization. The style needs to remain consistent between frames and the sounds need to be crisp and spot on else everything risks looking horrible.

(Is it going to be colored? Oh goodness, so much work!)

You can have a wonderful and original idea, but if the execution is done poorly, mundane and poor ideas can easily top it.

If the project does hit it off however, say hello to a fancy art/animator portfolio and the adoration of DS fans everywhere!

Just a tiny 5 second animation is a huge undertaking for me, so I wish lots of support your way.

• Like 2

I didn't realize you resized them, but drawing big doesn't feel limiting and more detail can be put in so it really does pay off.

And the project sounds really impressive, but I assume you realize the people behind it need to have lots of dedication and organization. The style needs to remain consistent between frames and the sounds need to be crisp and spot on else everything risks looking horrible.

(Is it going to be colored? Oh goodness, so much work!)

You can have a wonderful and original idea, but if the execution is done poorly, mundane and poor ideas can easily top it.

If the project does hit it off however, say hello to a fancy art/animator portfolio and the adoration of DS fans everywhere!

Just a tiny 5 second animation is a huge undertaking for me, so I wish lots of support your way.

Thank you very much. I am interested to see a mixing of styles in this project.