[suggestion] how much weed have i smoked? :)

Hi, i really like the game, i know there were some discussions about achivment, quests, and such.

I have a suggestion that we could be presented like "This is a 1000th tree you cut down", when you actualy cut it down.

I'm not sayin we should have counter for everything/page with statistics, but i would like to be supprised at some point and hear about stuff like that.

What do You think?

I'd rather have a log than any achievement.

Day 1 :

I don't know why i am on this island. I got bit during the night by something i called the darkness thing. It's luck i had some fire : it seems it frightened it...

Day 2:

I forgot i had to eat ! Now i'm really hungry, i need to find a solution ... omg a rabbit !!!

and so on ...

There are many ideas to be inspired in "Robinson crusoée" or in "Cast away".

I'd rather have a log than any achievement.

Day 1 :

I don't know why i am on this island. I got bit during the night by something i called the darkness thing. It's luck i had some fire : it seems it frightened it...

Day 2:

I forgot i had to eat ! Now i'm really hungry, i need to find a solution ... omg a rabbit !!!

and so on ...

There are many ideas to be inspired in "Robinson crusoée" or in "Cast away".

Agreed, achievements are fun but stale and unpersonal since they are the same for everyone. A journal or log could have a more personal touch.

I don't think You get what i writed, maybe my english is bad.

I don't want "achivments" with descriptions and a place to look on them, i just would like to be presented with a text (somethink like when you click on limb shows "take that nature"), it could communicate to us "Wow, thats a 200th rabbit i have eaten" and so on.

I think it would be fun to know once in a while how much weed's have i smoken to set a fire ;)

But afcourse it shouldn't be raw communicate like that, but some stylish message like

"That's have to be like 10000th spider i just smoked off this island".

Anyway, i play and play and i have always something new planned for next day.

Edited by grzegorz

I don't think You get what i writed, maybe my english is bad.

I don't want "achivments" with descriptions and a place to look on them, i just would like to be presented with a text (somethink like when you click on limb shows "take that nature"), it could communicate to us "Wow, thats a 200th rabbit i have eaten" and so on.

I think it would be fun to know once in a while how much weed's have i smoken to set a fire ;)

But afcourse it shouldn't be raw communicate like that, but some stylish message like

"That's have to be like 10000th spider i just smoked off this island".

Anyway, i play and play and i have always something new planned for next day.

Aw, thanks now I understand what you mean. That would add a bit more of a reward to achieving and achievement. I alwasy though that a small picture is not that much of a reward.

It might be interesting to have a log that keeps track of firsts for that life of that character, such as when they first made an axe, chopped down a tree, figured out how to make something new...etc and so on...

Examples:

Day 1: I found some carrots that will keep me from starving for a while.

Day 2: Discovered that these berries, despite being red, are not poisonous.

Day 3: I have figured out how to trap a rabbit, I will feast tonight!

Day 5: I have encountered the pig men, they seem somewhat slow, but may prove to be useful allies.

Day 12: I have found Beefalo, they are ugly stinky creatures, but they may have their uses.

Day 56: Eureka! I have discovered how to make a crock pot!

But the downside of this is that there would then be a pre-programmed string for the log so we wouldnt' get teh humorous player made logs in the fan discussions.

I think a simple statistics page would be best. Accessed from the menu it would tell you various things in an orderly format...example:

Creatures Killed:

Rabbits-645

Frogs-16

Beefalo-0

etc-#

etc-#

etc-#

Item's Consumed: (raw/cooked)

Seeds-4/2

Berries-16/97

Morsels-12/633

etc-#/#

etc-#/#

etc-#/#

Items Crafted:

Flint Axe-27

Gold Axe-2

Flint Shovel-13

Gold Shovel-0

etc-#

etc-#

etc-#

Bonus points if there is a statistics page for both the current game, and also one for over the game's lifetime!