What the point of creating a new world ?

Once you have discovered every single animals and monsters, what's left ?

There is nothing else to discover.

I dont know why i am on this island, and no clue to discover. I dont know why there is a guy three times as tall as i am. Who is he ? Is he a god ? I want him to have a castle that i could destroy to get my revenge.

Maybe each world could have a unique item that needs to be discovered to learn more about our host.

The only recipes that are usefull are golden tools and improved farms. Everything else is not cost worthy. I dont want to create a consumable hat that has the same purpose than a regular toch and costs much more. I dont think that creating more recipes will fill the lack of content. The game needs more stuff to do. I want to be able to create advanced traps which can hurt monsters. I want to be able to breed animals. I want the monsters to learn from what i do. Big birds should know that i'll steal their egg, and attack me on sight, once i've done it once. Pigs should become naturally hostile since i kill them everyday. Spiders and pigs could create an alliance to protect themselves versus me.

What about an underworld ? What about diving into the ocean ?

The game is fun, but once you have understood how the world works, there is no challenge left.

Welcome!:) What your playing is just the beggining, the Devs have just started adding mid-game stuff, let alone any end-game stuff. Right now there's a content wall at about 50 days, after that nothing's really been added yet. But updates come every two weeks and tweaks are always happening, so it's just a matter of waiting now.:)

Edit: Ninja'd! If you ask me he could have been a little nicer.:wink:

I am sorry. Truly. I am not in the best of my days... and shouldn't go on blaming it on other people...

I just wanted to say that the game is incomplete, for now. Be patient and, when it is released, you can really see if it lacks content or not.

I, too, feel that we have a lack of content, but I am well aware that the game is far from finished, the devs themselves said so. There is not much to do other than wait, and set goals for ourselves (like: I'll try to eradicate all trees in this heavy forested island, and create myself a grassland!!).

Again, sorry for my rudeness...

Actually, etherealwtf, it's got nothing to do with the forums, nor the game, at all... some things have been happening to me irl, and I feel deeply sad. I came to the forums to see what was up, and ended up being mad at the wrong people. /o/

Anyways, there is a lot of things still to be released! The game will feature a story, yes. That tall man is Maxwell, and, as far as I am aware he is some kind of demon that abducted the folks that we play as in the game. What is this world? Who is that guy? Will we get to beat the snot out of him eventually?!

I do believe all these questions will be answered, in due time. But, for now, I am cool with imagining what it will me like. I believe in Klei, and know that the game will be epic when released. =D

Actually, etherealwtf, it's got nothing to do with the forums, nor the game, at all... some things have been happening to me irl, and I feel deeply sad. I came to the forums to see what was up, and ended up being mad at the wrong people. /o/

Anyways, there is a lot of things still to be released! The game will feature a story, yes. That tall man is Maxwell, and, as far as I am aware he is some kind of demon that abducted the folks that we play as in the game. What is this world? Who is that guy? Will we get to beat the snot out of him eventually?!

I do believe all these questions will be answered, in due time. But, for now, I am cool with imagining what it will me like. I believe in Klei, and know that the game will be epic when released. =D

Stay strong, life sucks at times but the only thing you can do is to keep going and hope for the best;)

Onto the game itself, yes it does not have a lot of content currently and I must admit that the speed of it being added can be a bit frustrating when you like the game so much. Things like new biomes, enemies and much more will require a lot of time to be added, especially since there is not a huge dev team working on it. The only thing you can do for now is have patience and to enjoy the ride.

Food+Water+Sleep

I'd like something more drastic about the food. You can eat only berries or meat, and that's ok... But if you had to eat vegetables AND meat, that would become harder. If you dont eat enough meat, your muscles will weaken. If you dont eat vegetables, you'll get tired very fast. Water should also exist. why doesnt our character have to sleep ?

Science

There should also be another way to gain science : it's by using a tool that you understand the improvment it needs. You should also be able to repair a tool and gain another kind of skill, or by luck, gain some science because you learnt something.

Skills

Everything we do, should be related to skill that we could improve or may weaken if we dont use it. You spend your time running around ? You legs get stronger. But if you dont drink enough water, be ready to have cramps the next day. Which means you wont be able to grind all your skills to the top.

Injuries

I like the fact, that you cant restore your life magicly with only one object. What about a broken arm that would slow down everything you do with your hands ? I want more flowers to be able to create medecines. The flowers combinations should be random and vary when you create a new world.

Dont starve is very similar to harvest moon or animal crossing without its social side.

What about fossiles ? bottles with messages or treasure maps on the beach ?

Edited by etherealwtf

Food+Water+Sleep

I'd like something more drastic about the food. You can eat only berries or meat, and that's ok... But if you had to eat vegetables AND meat, that would become harder. If you dont eat enough meat, your muscles will weaken. If you dont eat vegetables, you'll get tired very fast. Water should also exist. why doesnt our character have to sleep ?

Well I doubt the game will become so realistic that we will need to vary our diet. However you do make two good points, and ones I've expressed before when Kevin mentioned a "third gauge" (i.e stomach/hunger and health being the current two gauges). Two of the three guesses that I liked were stamina/fatigue and thirst. The last one was warmth, but that's not really an issue and can be expressed as a deteriment against stamina if weather/seasons are introduced later.

Science

There should also be another way to gain science : it's by using a tool that you understand the improvment it needs. You should also be able to repair a tool and gain another kind of skill, or by luck, gain some science because you learnt something.

Ah, repairing tools. I threw my lot in with that suggestion too. I like the idea of doing something with all those nearly useless log suits I had lying around. That reminds me, has anyone tried to dismantle items with the hammer?

Skills

Everything we do, should be related to skill that we could improve or may weaken if we dont use it. You spend your time running around ? You legs get stronger. But if you dont drink enough water, be ready to have cramps the next day. Which means you wont be able to grind all your skills to the top.

I think skills are a good idea, and different characters might have slightly different skill sets even. Performance really should be impacted by your overall condition. If you're hungry, thirsty or tired you shouldn't be able to perform at 100%.

Injuries

I like the fact, that you cant restore your life magicly with only one object. What about a broken arm that would slow down everything you do with your hands ? I want more flowers to be able to create medecines. The flowers combinations should be random and vary when you create a new world.

Hmmm. Well that game right now really doesn't track these types of injuries. I'm not sure whether I would like it to or not... again, realism is great, but too much and it may slow the game down. The last game I had that included such elements was Fallout 3... breaking my legs when jumping off a cliff really slowed me down. It wasn't nearly as fun as it sounded. Of course I agree medical supplies would be nice to have. Bandages and poultices perhaps...

Dont starve is very similar to harvest moon or animal crossing without its social side.

What about fossiles ? bottles with messages or treasure maps on the beach ?

I've played both of those games. Where do you think I came up with my suggestions for the beach... and finding coconuts washed ashore. ;)

And yup, I agree with your suggestions about the beach as they mirror my own. :)

Well I doubt the game will become so realistic that we will need to vary our diet.

Eating too much berries in a row should cause you to... uhm... "go behind the bush" and empty your stomach. That would make a good fix for the OPness of berries, wouldn't it?

Eating too much berries in a row should cause you to... uhm... "go behind the bush" and empty your stomach. That would make a good fix for the OPness of berries, wouldn't it?

Hmmm, that it might. But would that be a limitation only for eating berries, or are you suggesting something similar for other foods?

I was thinking just berries, as they can be naturally laxative in large amounts.

I think a prepared meal (in the crock pot) not only should satisfy you, but it should give you a "digesting" bonus, where you wouldn't get hungrier as fast as usual, but to a slower pace.

Also, I think this ideas will be forsaken into oblivion as we are talking about food in a thread called What the point of creating a new world ? and the 3 people who use the search function on the forums won't find them.

I had a dream tonight... that I had a laser perimeter around my bit of land and it was frying spiders that came to steal my meat... And then I woke up and felt sad, that this feature will probably never be introduced, due to it's extreme out of character nature... Unless Klei at some point introduces a LoLWTF mode that will allow you to build Whatever you want x)