Tentacle things on swamp = instakill

Hi,Loving the game so far......except for the darn tentacles on the swamp. Whenever they hit me, I get paralized for a couple of seconds. Things is, the tentacle hits me before I can resume movement, so... instakill. It feels really unfair.Please, nerf those fuckers, or make it that you can continue to move when hit.

Yeah, when I first tried to kill one this happened. I just though there was a certain way of going about killing them. But one attempt after another, even if i was just passing, I get stuck in a loop of death. Even lost an army of pigs to one. Twas a grim day for pig kind.Even if there was some knock-back to put you out of range but still a ton of damage so you know this tentacle thing means business.

I completely agree. This is easily the most frustrating part of this game right now. I'm enjoy the experience, genuinely excited to start some serious crafting and then a tentacle gets me. I stop playing the game after this happens once or twice. The tentacles even come up through the 'paved pathways' through swamp. Those pathways should be safe. I just avoid swamps entirely now, but that sucks.

I believe you need to use the magic item "flute" to put the tentacle to sleep....I haven't tried it yet because to be honest I didnt know what to do with it until I read this thread. But I think using the flute will paralyze the tentacle,allowing you to kill it. if you die dont blame me.

I believe you need to use the magic item "flute" to put the tentacle to sleep....I haven't tried it yet because to be honest I didnt know what to do with it until I read this thread. But I think using the flute will paralyze the tentacle,allowing you to kill it. if you die dont blame me.

But aren't the reeds you need to make the flute in the swamp?

I've learnt that traversing the swamps merely by clicking can be more dangerous than trying to shave the spiders of a full-grown egg sack in the middle of the night.

To aquire reeds, I suggest WASDing through the swamps and changing directions as Soon as you see the darn tentacles. Circle the reeds a couple of times, and only when you are sure you are safe, click on it to collect it.

Don't forget to take your muddy shoes off before entering the tent though, or we are going to have some serious troubles. Thats the only thing that separates us from the pigmen. That and the fact that they can build houses and we live in tents...

...for now.