• Wail
    • Work
    • Wilson X
    • Wold
    • Whecker
    • Witter
    • all of them
    • none of them

tthis is my first multi-part story, hope you like it!

part 1: the idea

Maxwell pondered and paced in his zone, a zone that he created where he could live and plot out his next deathtrap for Wilson, in there he lived with his two roommates: Spidey and Grue. Spidey was a spider warrior who served Maxwell and is more of an intern to Maxwell, Grue was a creature of the night who never reveals its true look, for it only can survive in perfect darkness, because of this, Maxwell has created a physical, shapeless form for Grue, in order for him to be mobile during the day. “how can I kill Wilson if he keeps on surviving my traps, and that blasted spirit guardian Wendman keeps me from killing Wilson directly?” said Maxwell that night “uh, sir?” said Spidey “how about instead of you killing Wilson, you let someone else do it, someone who you know will do it right, someone like a bounty hunter” a grin appeared on Maxwell and Grue’s face as they thought of it “yes, of course, a bounty hunter, Spidey that’s brilliant!” said Maxwell “that may be the best idea I’ve ever heard you say!” said Grue “Grue, you and I shall go off and search for these henchmen, once you found them and got them on our side, send them back here, Spidey, you’re in charge.” Edited by roboman101

I will just let you know that this probably isn't the best place to post a Don't Starve story. People on this Forum are terrified of large walls of Text. There is quite the Don't Starve Fanbase on Tumblr you could try there :D

This is rather long, maybe I should've split it into different parts

Yeah you could do that to I suppose. But it's really not going to do that well here. I could post it if you like but I wouldn't see much reasoning behind it

So what your saying is I can break it up but people might still have the same reaction or something.

Make it smaller.Make them mini chapters, then you'll get more people.Try to post them every now and then so people get jist of what's happening.You seem like a good author, keep up the good work man! :wilson_smile:

ok, heres part 2!

part 2: Maxwell’s search

Over at Maxwell, he has started with something simple and created a creature that was almost exactly like Wilson, but evil, smarter, and loyal only to Maxwell, his name was Wilson X “Wilson X,” said Maxwell shortly after creating Wilson X out of Darkness, “your job is to work with a group of other creatures, who will be arriving shorty, and assist them and kill Wilson” Wilson X got out his ax and saluted “I won’t fail you” he said, and teleported. After Wilson X, Maxwell proceeded to the outermost regions of his world, where he builds his clockworks, Maxwell picked up some spare parts to the clockworks and used them to build a clockwork pawn, it was about as strong as Wolfgang and as smart as Wilson, “what art thou orders?” it said “Work,” said Maxwell after thinking of his name “I command you to work with Wilson X and other creatures to kill a man known as Wilson “at once, my lord” it said and teleported. Finally, Maxwell went to a savanna only to find nothing but a bunch of beefalos and a giant pile of rot “that is disgusting” Maxwell said after seeing the rot “but yet, it could be useful” Maxwell then used his powers to give the rot life and a humanoid shape “I LIVE!!” it shouted after creation, then noticed some manure on the ground some distance away “ooh, yummy!” then dove on it and instantly began eating it. “ahem” said Maxwell trying to get the creature’s attention, who he decided to call Wold “my poop!” said Wold moving the manure away from Maxwell, believing he was going to take it “relax, I’m not going to take your manure, I have created you for a purpose, to kill Wilson” “uh-huh” “you shall work with other creatures to kill him” “will there be poop?” “Do this for me and I’ll give you as much manure as your rotten heart desires” “I’ll do it!” Wold was then teleported “he’s not the brightest but he’ll do, now, I’d better see what Grue has brought in”

I will just let you know that this probably isn't the best place to post a Don't Starve story. People on this Forum are terrified of large walls of Text. There is quite the Don't Starve Fanbase on Tumblr you could try there :D

WHAT DOES IT MEAN???? *cries in corner*

here's part 3!

part 3: Grue’s search

Over at Grue, instead of creating the needed soldiers, Grue decided to search out for them, they should be easy to persuade for if they didn’t, they will be Grue’s next meal. Grue started on a lone island where Wilson can’t reach even through wormhole, on that island there was just one grave, only the headstone read, “here lies the island’s first victim” Grue then dug up the grave and a ghost instantly sprung out of it, this ghost was different than the others, this one was more humanoid and had arms “who dares disturb my slumber?” It said “I am the Grue, a creature that lurks in the dark.” replied grue “Aren’t you the one who killed me?” “yes, I can still remember the taste of your blood” “whatever it is you want, I’ll pass, I have been dead for so long, I can’t even remember my own name” “listen to me, Wail,” “Wail… I like it” “hear me ghost I may have caused you trouble before, but this time I am going to offer you a deal, if you serve my ally, you’re reward will be anything you want and more” wail thought for a second “I’m listening” “all you have to do is kill a man known as Wilson” “I guess it is time for forgiveness, I even have my own ally, frank, would you come and show yourself to Grue” a zombie then appeared out of the grave “this zombie is useful” said Grue “but believe me, you will be assisted by more people” “alright” said wail and teleported. “that was tougher than I thought” thought Grue “I’ll have to choose creatures who have a desire” at that moment, he saw a lone frost giant who looked angry, annoyed, and despaired, Grue didn’t need to talk to him to know his troubles, for this frost giant was a smaller than normal, about the size of Wilson. “Perfect” thought Grue and went to him “hello” Grue said upon approaching the small giant “who’s there?” “Do not be alarmed, I am the Grue, I see your pain, you were mocked by your frost giant brothers” “is it that obvious?” “Extremely” “well, what do you want?” “I want to make a deal with you, first of all, what’s your name?” “Witter” “all right Witter, my companion, Maxwell, has this enemy he needs to take care of” “I’m listening” “do this for him, and he’ll grant you anything you desire” Witter grinned “I’ll do it” he said and was teleported. While walking along the darkness Grue heard a voice talking to him “Gonna leave out a fellow dark soul, Grue?” “Who are you, how do you know my name?” “Oh everybody knows your name, Maxwell knows it, I know it, Wilson knows it, and the audience knows it,” “what are you talking about? What audience? Who are you?” “I am Whecker, a hallucination” “how is it that I don’t know you? I know all hallucinations.” “it’s just that I don’t exist, neither do you, we’re all just characters in a story or a game of some sort” Grue was confused “I know what you need, I’ve read that part already, and I accept” Whecker was then teleported “that guy is a weirdo, whatever, better than nothing, I guess, let’s see who Maxwell hired.” Edited by roboman101

You realise that "Gure" was human once (Spoiler: He was Maxwell's friend as Charlie was a female thus meaning Maxwell was human at first.) So.. why aren't they aren't they friends when Maxwell was friends with her at first. Because when Maxwell gets it by Charlie he says "Charlie! It's me Maxwell!"

You realise that "Gure" was human once (Spoiler: He was Maxwell's friend as Charlie was a female thus meaning Maxwell was human at first.) So.. why aren't they aren't they friends when Maxwell was friends with her at first. Because when Maxwell gets it by Charlie he says "Charlie! It's me Maxwell!"

this was made way before maxwell was added as a playable character so i always assumed Grue was reffered to as "him" or "it" also that sort of makes sense because maxwell also said that there was other beings here before him (i assume one is grue) and i do know that maxwell was human because of the card but i'm not sure about grue i havent seen the secret for the latest trailer Edited by roboman101

I want to see a tallbird that one of the monsters befriends

hmm.. I'm not sure which one of them would want a tallbird

You're really good at writing!You should definitely continue writing, just like me:adoration:

thanks I will

final part

part 4: the attack

Back at Maxwell’s zone, Grue and Maxwell where discussing between each other while the henchmen got used to each other “these people are good” said Maxwell “but I feel as though we’re missing someone” “how about me?” said a voice from behind them which turned out to be a man who is half-darkness, almost a combination of Maxwell and Grue, he looked mutated but still humanoid. “Allow me to introduce myself, I am Wicked, and I want in” “how do you know what we want?” asked Grue “Whecker told me” “alright” said Maxwell “you shall begin your mission tomorrow night.” that night, Wicked, Work, Wail, Wold, Whecker, Witter, and Wilson X approached the edge of Wilson’s camp “alright we go in 3… 2... WOLD!” Wold had already gone and was eating rot and manure from the chest, the sound of it woke Wilson up “who’s there?” he said “Wold, you idiot!” said Wicked “ugh, attack!” Wilson already noticed Wold and woke up the others, after that it was an all-out battle, Wilson vs. Wilson X, Wolfgang vs. Work, WX-78 vs. Wold, Wendy vs. Wail, Willow vs. Witter, and Wes vs. Whecker. The battle lasted a long time until the sun came up and burned every single one of Maxwell’s henchmen, who were teleported, except Wicked, who seemed to be immune to the sun for a period of time “don’t get too cocky Wilson,” he shouted “you have only just met us!” then teleported. Back at the zone, the henchmen where talking about what happened, “what just happened” said Wail “I felt like my body was melting” said Witter “we are creatures of the night, the light will destroy us if we don’t get into darkness” everybody looked confused, except for Whecker “think of it like this, to us, night is day and day is night, we can see perfectly through darkness as if it was light, but light is just a blinding white, and to Wilson, grue will kill him if he’s in darkness for too long, but for us, Wendman will destroy us for being in light for too long, I can stay in light longer because I am like a living dark torch, although like a torch I can run out, everybody understood “what about Wold?” asked Wilson X “Wold was created using dark powers.” Said Wicked “and why is Witter affected?” asked Wail “he’s a frost giant, he’ll melt or something,” replied Wicked “anyway, this is just a lesson for us next time we go against Wilson” “if there shall be a next time” said Work “for we hath failed our quest, should Maxwell require our service again it shalt be a miracle” “only one way to find out,” said Whecker “if the audience submits enough votes in the poll above” everybody looked at Whecker, confused.