Skittersquid biome?

My native language is not English so I use a translator

This is a Skittersquid biome that appears in my world. They have colonized it and may be growing in number.
The cluster point appears to be the center of the map.

I want to ask how this happened? I want him to reappear on my other world server
Are there any related topics?

dst1.png

dst2.png

• Like 4

Not sure what is up with the Skittersquid but on a friend's server the same thing keeps happening, albeit near a pond area on land (the Skittersquid head there from the nearby coast and keep accumulating). I have never seen this on my own worlds however.

This happens over time in long-running worlds. Skittersquids migrate all around the map rather than despawning, but this breaks over time and they instead go right to 0,0, aka the very middle of the map. You're very lucky that the middle of your world is water! Normally they would just run around on land, but you've got a very pretty viewing area for watching them swim around and eat fish.

Edited by finn from human
  • Like 8
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, finn from human said:

This happens over time in long-running worlds. Skittersquids migrate all around the map rather than despawning, but this breaks over time and they instead go right to 0,0, aka the very middle of the map. You're very lucky that the middle of your world is water! Normally they would just run around on land, but you've got a very pretty viewing area for watching them swim around and eat fish.

would a way to fix this include having a designated spot for SkSquids to end their migration after they've migrated around the map enough.

perhaps a skitterking that players could ither skitter-leave-alone, skitter-feed, or skitter-genocide~the~skitter~society.

Edited by SSneaky
"yould"
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Yeah, I got a spot like this too, in a river near my base. It is a bug, but a pretty harmless one.

unless it is on land and you have ears, I'm still traumatized by one time that a squid got stuck on one of my base decorations and never stopped making those wet noises (I couldn't reach it to kill too).

43 minutes ago, Valase said:

unless it is on land and you have ears, I'm still traumatized by one time that a squid got stuck on one of my base decorations and never stopped making those wet noises (I couldn't reach it to kill too).

used to have one stuck right in the middle of my base, between lureplants, free light! But I did kill it eventually, the noises were really distracting

• Like 1

6 hours ago, finn from human said:

Yes, we love this unnaturally generated set piece in our multiplayer servers.
So this error cannot be successfully replicated artificially?

In fact, a while ago, my friend accidentally killed all the skittersquids because she was renovating the base. At the time, we didn't know that this was a bug.

We thought it was like being in Shipwrecke

Rainbow Jellyfish will gather like volcanoes on new moon nights. We waited for a long time after they were killed and they did not gather again.

So we are looking for help to recover, and our data was backed up more than 100 days ago
If we had to roll back more than 100 days and nearly 20 hours, it would be a waste of time for many people, not just me.

If there is no other way we will roll back :(
Thank you for your replies.

29 minutes ago, Anzai said:

Yes, we love this unnaturally generated set piece in our multiplayer servers.
So this error cannot be successfully replicated artificially?

In fact, a while ago, my friend accidentally killed all the skittersquids because she was renovating the base. At the time, we didn't know that this was a bug.

We thought it was like being in Shipwrecke

Rainbow Jellyfish will gather like volcanoes on new moon nights. We waited for a long time after they were killed and they did not gather again.

So we are looking for help to recover, and our data was backed up more than 100 days ago
If we had to roll back more than 100 days and nearly 20 hours, it would be a waste of time for many people, not just me.

If there is no other way we will roll back :(
Thank you for your replies.

if bug happened once it might happen again.

Sometimes we just get forever stuck skittersquids in base or other spots, sometimes we accidentally kill them (mostly when we have some sort of follower...) and sometimes we have them again. Likely you will never get that many back, but you still have chance to get some of them.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 12:04 AM, Anzai said:

My native language is not English so I use a translator

This is a Skittersquid biome that appears in my world. They have colonized it and may be growing in number.
The cluster point appears to be the center of the map.

I want to ask how this happened? I want him to reappear on my other world server
Are there any related topics?

dst1.png

dst2.png

This happens to me too, i like this bug.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:30 AM, Maxposting said:

this looks like a bug

would you please send a game log and a savefile of your world in a bug report at
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

Please dont,

• Like 1