Show accurate stack size in infinite chests

Hello,

There's a mod that shows a more useful stack size in infinite chests rather than the 999+. It still only uses 4 digits, but it gives the player a much better sense of how much contents it has. Rather than 999+, it would show exact count up to 9999, and after that it starts showing decimal numbers with a scale, eg 1.1k, 10k, 293k, 1.1M, etc.

Please make the stack size count work like this in the base game.

• Like 18

I assumed that Klei was correct in feeling they wouldn't be able to make this look good, but yeah, it can look good enough, and I think having an imprecise display that at least gives you a decent idea of how much of a thing you actually have is better than having an imprecise display that above 999 things doesn't tell you anything more precise than "you have more than 999 of this thing."

• Like 2

Would really desire this, personally. It’s the difference between if I have 1024 sticks, or 7204 sticks in a slot. I think it would be very helpful IMO.

Edited by Maxil20
  • Like 2

I don't see why this wouldn't make it in, but with the potential addition of this into the game would mark perhaps the shortest lifespan of a good mod on the workshop.

Not that I'm against, but I don't see the practicality of this. Having more than 999 of an item is a lot. And in my opinion, seeing 999+ gives a sense of satisfaction, like I'm above the and top.

Edited by SapoLover
  • Like 1