Where's the much-needed scaled chest buff?

Now that the chest upgrade is a thing, an upgraded chest just seems superior to the otherwise extravagantly expensive would-be "upgrade" that are scaled chests. This is a bit disappointing because they were already pretty much entirely unworthwhile to use over regular chests, and now they seem like a downgrade over the new 999-stack chests.

I feel like it'd only be right to proportionately buff the other chest type that requires a ton of scales and a TON of gold to build a bunch of.

All two and a half scaled chest users are in shambles, pretty much.

Edited by Bearger Enjoyer
  • Like 9

They said the upgrade would be a late game addition so it'll probably be way more expensive, but I agree that it'd make more sense for scaled to be upgradeable. Gives more reason to invest in them, gives three more slots to use... and also those poor artists wouldn't have to redraw the one item with the most skins in the entire game.

image.png.6d700af27dd23239b148948314a568ba.png

(new sprite makes me so uncomfortable btw)

• Like 13

57 minutes ago, comonavi said:

image.png.6d700af27dd23239b148948314a568ba.png

(new sprite makes me so uncomfortable btw)

i not watched the stream i had to check about my new pc a bit more to have time for that but....ahm....old upgraded means there 3 states of the chest now or was that there first idea look? because i like the looks of "old upgraded" way more then "new"

Just now, Echsrick said:

old upgraded means there 3 states of the chest now or was that there first idea look? because i like the looks of "old upgraded" way more then "new"

It was just their first idea. And yeah I completely agree - when they showed this picture the whole chat blew up with "OLD LOOKS BETTER" lol

• Like 4

In favor of the new design... it wouldn't make much sense realistically. You could store things in the lower half normally, but for the upper one, you would be playing Jenga every time you want something from there. (Also they said it was to make it more recognize-able from the regular one with the bigger skins)

38 minutes ago, SapoLover said:

it wouldn't make much sense realistically

Yes it's very important the infinite storage chest remains realistic. Therefore I propose it grows taller the more items are put into it.

beegchest.png.05e31924bd2d262face6f062d04ae4e9.png

Unfortunately, after 999 you can't reach it anymore.

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Littlefat1213 said:

just worried about the game performance if this huge chester hammered and all the 999 items drop out

IIRC according to the stream, the items would all be stacked and then drop out, so 400 rocks would become 10 stacks of rocks, not 400 individual rocks. Now if you had 400 stacks of rocks that might be a bit more tanky, but at that point you probably have more noteworthy tanks of performance then that.

I think that you will mostly need a couple of slots from the tall chests, rather than making scale chest being able to be upgraded we need them buffed. They could have another row of slots so we will use regular chests with the upgrade for common stuff and scale chests when we need a lot of slots for different stuff in one place 

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

I think that you will mostly need a couple of slots from the tall chests, rather than making scale chest being able to be upgraded we need them buffed. They could have another row of slots so we will use regular chests with the upgrade for common stuff and scale chests when we need a lot of slots for different stuff in one place 

That's pretty much mostly good for wanda stations, since tools, weaponry and armor become compact with repair kits post-rifts. Even ignoring them it wouldn't warrant building scaled chests I think.