Wereforms Capstones

So, I've been trying a lot of stuff with Woodie's skill tree and realized that you can pick any of the side perks of the tree and be fine, but not going full moose actually takes away from you a lot more than it should. It's not really a problem of the moose, but the lacking of the capstone skills of the Goose and the Beaver.

The most I was able to do was to explore the whole map in both shards really quickly as the goose. After that you have to rush celestial portal or you are at a disadvantage of what you could be doing. Which, is probably not worth doing in first place as tier 1 goose is probably enough to explore the important parts of the map quick enough (Maybe just not as super quick as flying). Instantly escaping the ruins is also a decent thing to have, but not yet worth it.

As a side note, I think the waterproofness of the goose side should also affect the other wereforms (making it more attractive to get). Other than that, I feel the beaver and goose capstones could really use some buffs.

Has anyone found situational uses that justify going any other route other than full Moose?

I agree. Weregoose and werebeaver skills are almost all garbage and not worth it.

Weregoose 1 is the only good goose skill. Werebeaver is an odd place since tue skills are still underpowered but usanle, but the mastery needs to be better than Maxwell- or any character with pigmen/merms if you are giving up the Moose fornit.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

As a side note, I think the waterproofness of the goose side should also affect the other wereforms (making it more attractive to get). Other than that, I feel the beaver and goose capstones could really use some buffs.

It could increase the Goose speed in Water or rain instead of this buff you mentioned,

Werebeaver mastery is literally only for griefing tbh. Werebeaver 1 and 2 are adequate for what little actual harvesting you do but pig houses and bunny hutches of course basically remove the need for this.

Weregoose mastery is a complete joke that's only good if you get lucky. I know the fear here is that if you give Goose actual controllable teleportation then it'll "be better" than wortox or wanda, but it doesn't have to be. It just needs a LITTLE bit of control to be usable outside of preventing you from drowning. Like, just make it so it'll randomly spawn you in a radius the size of a quarter of the map or something. That'd make it good for cross map traversal at the very least.

I'd use werebeaver for mass demolition, helps with things like hardy walls especially. I like destroying stone trees with him too or very densely planted trees in a quick bit. Maxwell can do same but I don't like dealing with treeguards. I'd still swap between the two cause max can easily just gather than chop unless things are extra spread out then I'd use Max for harvest.

Weregoose is at best is a scout form, exploring and finding everything around. I don't like the high seed cost tho, it feels painful to gather sometimes. There's not much other use but exploration really, it's there to avoid all conflict after all and maybe if you're in trouble then you can goose out and run.

Weremoose is generally just good. No complaints here. High damage, high defence, long lasting. Playing with it you basically are set without needing any armor to battle whatever, bosses, simple mobs... Being in that form he really is a gem. Higher damage character with less downsides, fit as a tank and playing it safe.

Tbf, with all the benefits he does have his drawbacks with the meter going down and needing to redo the transformations. Full moons suck anyway too, and lunar affinity makes it a joke for a downside which is one big oddity. But eh, better than transforming everyday and sitting being annoyed till it's gone. 

As a jack of all trades he does it extremely well. Not my kinda character still but I can get behind on playing him for combat sometimes or be a support and scout/get resources. He basically is three characters in one.

20 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

if you're in trouble then you can goose out and run

there's nothing to run from except maybe monkeys and nightmares when going to the labyrinth during nightmare cycle which is too niche and an untamed beefalo is almost as fast as goose with the walk speed increase perk

13 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

if you're in trouble then you can goose out and run.

This only applies to ocean content like if your boat is sinking or you don't want to deal with a pirate raid. The eating + transformation animation + armor falling makes the Weregoose a terrible choice for running away from an imminent threat. The Weremoose fulfills this role better.

The opportunity cost is just too high because the moose capstone is so solid. I will say that I have seen quite a few Woodies take beaver capstone and use it to very effectively grief pubs..

So there is that use too I guess.

Weremoose is already good enough base without the mastery. I use moose against groups, where the mastery doesn't help the charge, and against things in the ruins, which are easy enough where I don't need it to be any stronger. Once I'm done killing things in the ruins I have no more need for the moose since I have thul suits, thul crowns, magi, and enough nmf to make as many dark swords as I need. Don't see the point in spending two valuable points just to make moose comparable in strength to what I already am, the resources it saves are no longer useful.

7 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Weremoose is already good enough base without the mastery. I use moose against groups, where the mastery doesn't help the charge, and against things in the ruins, which are easy enough where I don't need it to be any stronger. Once I'm done killing things in the ruins I have no more need for the moose since I have thul suits, thul crowns, magi, and enough nmf to make as many dark swords as I need. Don't see the point in spending two valuable points just to make moose comparable in strength to what I already am, the resources it saves are no longer useful

you could also spend much less time in ruins and only get staves and use moose because it still has slightly more dps in comparison to dark sword iirc and doesn't require shadow manipulator and there's nothing else to spend those points on since beaver and goose suck

I’m being reminded how the original goose wasn’t able to travel over water, got turned into something useful later, perhaps it’s growth could have tied into more boat replacements, the fig tree parts come to mind. Alternatively shedding moose/goose feathers or copying the chicks offensively may have potential.

As for beaver, it’s already an A student in wood, I’m more concerned about finding uses for logs than acquiring more.

I think capstones could also spill a tiny bit of their power into the normal form woodie to make them viable as a choice longterm (specially since woodie is kind of a jack of all trades, so it makes sense for him to be generally better than the baseline wilson rather than being specialized too much into a niche).

Goose form giving a small movement increase / moose form giving a small amount of planar defence / beaver form giving back the ability to eat logs for normal woodie , allowing him to gain a small increase to all stats (3+ to health and sanity and +7.5 to hunger?) per log eaten.

3 hours ago, Evelo said:

I want more Lumberjack skills. Woodie is a Lumberjack first, furry second imo.

yea imo lucy was done dirty with the entire wereform rework to begin with, moving woodie away from a lumberjack / funny cursed beaver who loves wood.

i was hoping for more lucy specific interactions than just 2 unique crafts for his skill tree.

i really wish werebeaver 1 and 2 got combined into 1 skill and he had a new one that made it so resources go into woodies inventory immediately because that's the big issue with the beaver rn

11 hours ago, Alexx7 said:

i really wish werebeaver 1 and 2 got combined into 1 skill and he had a new one that made it so resources go into woodies inventory immediately because that's the big issue with the beaver rn

Good idea.

I also would like if it increased his hammering speed too.

Archived