Polishing dst content

Do you think DST needs polishing? A lot of content from 2019 suffers from a lack of polish. Like how bananas grow in winter, figs, just annoying music on a farm that plays 24/7.

Then I remembered that one of my favorite games used to also suffer from a lack of polish and this game Isaac. The Repentance DLC has fixed many visual flaws and more, so why not polish the DST as well?

We have (had) a QOL update, then why not do an update like polishing the game.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sanitar said:

Like how bananas grow in winter

This is a bug. 

On that note... I wish more crops would stop growing in Winter. It's one of the few things I dislike about RWYS. 
Really killed the 'prepare for Winter' portion I enjoyed.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Fixing banana winter growth.

out of every single awful thing added since the beginning of return of they/them this is what you want to get fixed?

How about fixing boats being uncontrollable nightmare unless you use an oar and nothing else? Speaking of nightmare, only terrorclaws spawn when you are on a boat and not only are they the worst sanity creatures to fight - they don't even restore sanity properly. Or maybe fix monkeys that punish you for beating them? Or perhaps sunken chest loot pool - consisting of golden pickaxes and random crap someone threw away? Or maybe bizarre and pointless archive dishes? You know, sleep RESISTANCE (not immunity), the worst way to farm thulecite and of course a hunger hat that not only noone ever uses, but is also nerfed by klei to not work properly for character that might* want it (warly). Or maybe they should polish sea dishes noone cares about? Or those sea flower mobs everyone just ignores. Or how about salt stacks not letting you swim on top of them after harvest? Or... well the list goes on forever. 

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

The game definitely needs it, badly. The unpolished stuff has been piling up more and more for years now yet we keep speeding thru updates constantly, adding more and more to consume. Even the most recent update, the animations, and sprites for the Rockjaw seem super out of place, don't even get me started on the ice tiles.

Klei needs to start working on content updates 3-4 months in Advance, they can put out a Roadmap to detail what we all have to look forward to throughout the year, but yet they can’t have Wigfrid & Willow skins ready for Wigfrid & Willows update?

Nah.. something don’t sound right. Yes it IS the Holidays now and I certainly don’t expect Klei to work on their games when they should be away from work spending time with friends & family, But what I’m saying is they should’ve had that stuff prepared AHEAD of time..

And that doesn’t just apply to Wigfrid & Willow skins, that should pretty much be the entire design philosophy for game development.

Midsummers Cawnival was supposed to be a Yearly Annual Event, but yet one year we got no new carnival games for that.

I feel like Klei adds things in one update at a time and doesn’t really seem to keep a larger scope of things 5 or 7 updates afterward.

Here I’ll provide a cool example off the top of my head, Deadly Brightshades we’re added to the game, that’s pretty neat, I guess.. but if you have this invading plant alien mob that can outstretch its roots pretty long distances, why didn’t these things have a LARGER Impact on gameplay? Such as stretching their vines outward to block off entire biome passageways? Maybe you could “hack” through their defenses with some of that highly underused Moonglass stuff like the Glass Cutter.

Instead it largely felt to me like Glass tools were just stepping stones to get you to Brightshade tools.

And I just really don’t understand why..

Moon Quay is another thing that could’ve been more in-depth, here we have this “tiny” island that spits out Monkeys & doesn’t give the player much room to dodge or kite them, when this biome could’ve been as large as those highly empty swamp biomes we have.

A bigger biome would mean more monkey huts, and also an entire dedicated island to where they could store their “pirate stashes” in the ground after they robbed you of your loots.

I firmly believe that Klei changes a lot of things based on community feedback from these forums & their discord, and it’s Ok to do that to an extent… but- they shouldn’t be letting a community of varying opinions steer their development ship.

I would PREFER that they have their own vision for what they want their franchise to ultimately be, and that they stick to that unwavered by community feedback.

However because DST largely feels like a game that’s being made in conjunction with its players opinions, nothing ever gets any solid foundation, and many many MANYYYYY things go rushed, or worse- Underused and Forgotten about.

It could be the self-imposed “time crunch” to get updates out on a near monthly basis.. or maybe they feel like because it’s free it doesn’t have to be high quality..

Whatever the case may be- DST has largely felt to me for the longest of time as a Work In Progress (W.I.P) game, where they try out things… (skill trees) remove things.. (Wolfgang’s speed & Disease) readd things (Wolfgang’s speed in skill trees) & it feels like a game that’s never actually got any clear direction of WHERE it’s headed.

If they need to take an entire Year away from updating the game and then just release one HUGE cohesive update next Christmas then just… Do that!! Please?

But when you set out to travel- Have a Starting point & decided upon final destination before you even fill the car up with gas.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

why didn’t these things stretch their vines outward to block off entire biome passageways?

because you'd be able to just sail around using a boat, would be better to just infect everything in the biome and make it unusable   

• Sanity 1

21 minutes ago, grm9 said:

because you'd be able to just sail around using a boat, would be better to just infect everything in the biome and make it unusable   

Sorry to say but your mod idea sounds awful.  Blocking a biome like Mike suggested sounds less repetitive over time and can be mixed with the current BS

Nobody would use a boar when you can simply kill them to pass if the vine wall has a logical cooldown (a big if knowing klei...)

19 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Nobody would use a boar when you can simply kill them to pass

they'd need to also extend to the ocean slightly or otherwise you could just place a boat at an end of the wall and keep passing through there without sailing/rowing at least, although the vines could be placed around the biome to prevent people from jumping into it from the ocean so nvm                              

19 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Blocking a biome like Mike suggested sounds less repetitive over time and can be mixed with the current BS

both ideas accomplish the exact same thing though, unless a part of the point of blocking the biome is to block all biomes behind that biome too 

Edited by grm9