[Game Update] - 584421

8 hours ago, Mr Giggio said:

Oh any chance for us to get the spell wheel in the lighter instead of the embers? 

wont be it more annoying to access? having it in the embers allows you to quick access with numbers like max's codex but if they add it to the lighter will need to put the mouse over willow or over the hand inventory to access it, that is also used to absorb fires

unless i miss understood what you mean

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arubaro said:

wont be it more annoying to access? having it in the embers allows you to quick access with numbers like max's codex but if they add it to the lighter will need to put the mouse over willow or over the hand inventory to access it, that is also used to absorb fires

unless i miss understood what you mean

The best option would be to give spell casting characters like Willow and Maxwell their own custom hotkey to open the spell menu, but I know that's something Klei doesn't like to do. Also I don't see why Wigfrid couldn't have her songs in one of those too.

Thankfully, client mods exist.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

1 minute ago, Anomen77 said:

The best option would be to give spell casting characters like Willow and Maxwell their own custom hotkey to open the spell menu, but I know that's something Klei doesn't like to do. Also I don't see why Wigfrid couldn't have her songs in one of those too.

Thankfully, client mods exist.

they wont cuz controller

also, since you need the item anyway i dont see a bad thing needing to interact with the codex/ember/song to activate the skills

• Like 1

Just now, arubaro said:

they wont cuz controller

also, since you need the item anyway i dont see a bad thing needing to interact with the codex/ember/song to activate the skills

They are not mutually exclusive. You can keep the right click option there and give an additional hotkey, mapped to a button combination, or just keyboard exclusive.
If this is going to turn into an RPG with tons of skills at least they could learn from those games and give us use-able hotkeys instead of having to use the mouse to right click items at the bottom of the screen mid combat. Imagine playing an RTS by only clicking on the command screen *shivers*.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Changes

• Some insignificant creatures will no longer drop Embers.
  • Willow’s Burn Duration skill no longer burns structures twice as fast.
  • Hungry Lighter now just stops things from burning and longer refuels the lighter, instead Embers are used to refuel the lighter.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed equipped Battle Rönd and Charged Lightning Spear dropping on the ground when loading a world.
  • Fixed W.A.R.B.I.S. armor set being able to track who is wearing it.
  • Fixed a crash with Willow’s Combustion Skill.
  • Fixed being able to plant things on ice terrain.
  • Fixed being able to remove ice terrain.
  • Lunar and Shadow flame benefit from allegiance damage modifiers.
  • Fixed some cases where Frostjaw can be permanently stunlocked.

View full update

Why are you guys at Klei this against Willow having an infinite lighter?

The skill for absorbing fire is pretty much just filler now, why would I waste my lighter durability on extinguishing?

However, if embers recovered a HIGH amount of fuel, like 30% or 40%, then it'd be great, but currently they recover 0.

My suggestion would just be to make embers refuel 40% fuel per ember for it to be good.

Or you know... Just revert this awful change because the skill tree was so good before you ruined it with this.

Also a crash with the shadow fire going over water (?)image.png.d198a03d9a1a6d3f2caaad2c9cb652c4.png

13 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Why are you guys at Klei this against Willow having an infinite lighter?

The skill for absorbing fire is pretty much just filler now, why would I waste my lighter durability on extinguishing?

However, if embers recovered a HIGH amount of fuel, like 30% or 40%, then it'd be great, but currently they recover 0.

My suggestion would just be to make embers refuel 40% fuel per ember for it to be good.

Or you know... Just revert this awful change because the skill tree was so good before you ruined it with this.

Also a crash with the shadow fire going over water (?)image.png.d198a03d9a1a6d3f2caaad2c9cb652c4.png

??? They Recover 50% Per Ember Now? You have to refuel the lighter with it but they do.

Got the spontaneous combustion skill. For how much it seemed to be hyped it it isn't very good.

Please make it so you don't have to click twice to confirm it, as you I've often been hit out of it when facing hordes (presumably when it's intended to be used).

Additionally, the raw burn duration isn't enough to largely follow up on all those afflicted, but I guess thats what the burn duration skill is for.

@Nikki Darks can confirm. using a single ember now to fill half your lighter is way easier than trying to burn down a whole forest when you are using controlled burning. Also its still nice to have an easy way to put out fires on tap.

Edited by Soul7k

15 minutes ago, WenericMember said:

??? They Recover 50% Per Ember Now? You have to refuel the lighter with it but they do.

Got the spontaneous combustion skill. For how much it seemed to be hyped it it isn't very good.

Please make it so you don't have to click twice to confirm it, as you I've often been hit out of it when facing hordes (presumably when it's intended to be used).

Additionally, the raw burn duration isn't enough to largely follow up on all those afflicted, but I guess thats what the burn duration skill is for.

11 minutes ago, Soul7k said:

@Nikki Darks can confirm. using a single ember now to fill half your lighter is way easier than trying to burn down a whole forest when you are using controlled burning. Also its still nice to have an easy way to put out fires on tap.

See when I tried* it out it does nothing. I kept absorbing embers but I only lost fuel due to it draining.

The Hot Headed Bernie skill also still does nothing when I try it out. :chargrined:

Edited by Nikki Darks
Grammar mistake

7 minutes ago, _zwb said:

You can just ignite a tree, absorb the fire and repeat the process, no need for burning the entire forest

I mean yes, but prior to the change it was like 1 or 2% as which basically broke even to pulling the lighter out as apposed to now killing one thing on fire for 50%.

11 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Seems using combustion on killer bees still crashes the game haven't tested if it's working on other mobs yet also embers don't seem to be restoring the lighter's durability as the notes suggest.

Just realized we were supposed to put them on the lighter for the restore to work. :eek:

• Like 1

Could you guys give Willow a special use for the dragon scale armor and fire staff unique to her maybe more uses or more fire damage with the staff.  

The armor is cool but who uses it?   Maybe wearing the armor increases all her fire damage also make it repairable with embers or something.  That would bring an old item back into the game 

19 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Bernie's health still doesn't regenerate with the regen skill.

its in combat only and only at like one hp a second. it would take a real long time to get any substantial healing even without it being in combat only.

Edited by Soul7k

13 minutes ago, arubaro said:

outside of combat worked for me...

he heals for 1 hp when he grows big, but outside of that only while in combat. I just went back to check and went in and out of sanity a few times to make sure. Even walked around a bit looking for shrooms while he was at 1600 hp.

Edited by Soul7k