Beta first impression + Battle Rönd suggestions

ADM

I really appreciate the content of this beta so far :

• The new boss is crazy fun and has a good loot
  • The 2 skill trees have good, well distributed skills that answer some long time requests of the community
    • Willow got a rich new layer of gameplay which can properly be used as the skills allow to use fire without its many inconvenience
    • Wigfrid is now a valid Beefalo enjoyer pick, and she finally got the combat moves she deserves, sugarcoated by a new durable weapon.

I'm looking forward the tweaks to come as this can only go uphill for the best ! Seriously for the first time since Wigfrid got released in 2014 I feel like I want to pick this character and I probably will occasionally now that she isn't only purely a bull in combat because of the many stat related perks I had too little interest into or battle songs that would trigger too late in battle, so off my chest but thank you for all the attention given in this update. Skill tree updates continue to repair and sublimate things a lot more than rework updates did... welp except Fireproof Falsetto but this isn't Christmas yet, anyway.

The one thing I wanted to bounce on right now is the Battle Rönd (shield), I see two inconveniences about it so here goes :

• I think the initial 3sec cooldown from equipping the shield should be removed (not just reduced), I understand why it's here but I'd say it wouldn't be a problem but better if it wasn't, the 10sec one upon blocking is sufficient.

• Other characters should be able to equip it, not use its blocking ability, but equip it, like they can equip normal Lighting Spears but not perform the charge attack from the skill. I would appreciate this due to a friend who doesn't want to use Shield of Terrors because they are... terrorized of breaking them, to each their own but if more players are in this situation they might find comfort in having less precious expendable shields with exactly the same benefit and no extra.

50 minutes ago, ADM said:
  • Other characters should be able to equip it, not use its blocking ability, but equip it, like they can equip normal Lighting Spears but not perform the charge attack from the skill. I would appreciate this due to a friend who doesn't want to use Shield of Terrors because they are... terrorized of breaking them, to each their own but if more players are in this situation they might find comfort in having less precious expendable shields with exactly the same benefit and no extra.

I concur councillor. I think they should at least be able to use the shield without the glitz and glamour, 

If I'm not mistaken, other characters cannot use Wigfrid's charged lightning spear. 

8 minutes ago, chirsg said:

If I'm not mistaken, other characters cannot use Wigfrid's charged lightning spear. 

Once it's charged yes, but the standard one can :) I don't especially follow the reason why but welp.

I started a new world to test out the Willow skill tree myself. And I gotta say, I definitly have a few things I've found.

1. Embers are WAAAAAAY to easy to get. Just smack a butterfly with your lighter, or cast a fire spell in a killer bee biome. I think we'll really see this once Combustion is fixed and you can ignight entire armies with a single ember. Nothing smaller than a spider should give them IMO

2. The Biden Blast attack is simultaniously extremely clunky and also way to effective when it does work. Get something distracted, stuck, paniced, or just tank it, and the amount of damage it takes from a single cast is patently absurd. 5 dead bees for ~1000 damage? Sign me right up.

3. I feel like the lighter should just be infinite at this point. It restores durability from lighting fires, but barely anything so it hardly matters. But also it still restores enough that you can infinitly fuel it by lighting and extinguishing a tree or whatever, so... yeah. I would also be satisfied if Embers could be used as fuel for it. I think that would be fun.

4. Back to the Baja blast, why does it look so goofy when Willow's casting it? The Psycopath is channeling the unfiltered power of the cosmos through the palm of her hand and she's just kinda:

image.png.b2eb6876e6aab5ec393a3b1cedd7dde1.png

5. Wow is Willow a really good fighter now. I know I've been on the fence about making everyone a combat character before. But damn, does fire just completely shut down like 90% of monsters.

TL;DR The skill tree is cool, embers are to common, the Blahaj blast is funny, even my cynical heart is happy with the update.

21 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Back to the Baja blast, why does it look so goofy when Willow's casting it? The Psycopath is channeling the unfiltered power of the cosmos through the palm of her hand and she's just kinda:

Please keep this, this is way too funny

16 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I'm sorry but the WHAT

Joe Biden blast? I hope they don't keep that name...

Oh yeah, the Bimbo Blast is the fire unlock on the lunar side of things. Unlike the shadow spell, you have to commit to it. But it does a TON of damage in a huge AOE too. You can wipe out entire pig villages in a single blow with the Bingo Blast, it's insane.

Archived