Let us hammer koalaphant carcass for bone shards

So to my knowledge when the koalaphant carcass is completely bones you still can’t hammer it for bone shards, and I think it’d be pretty cool if that could change so that you could get a couple bone shards (unless this is already the case and kleicord is lying to me)

I’d rather hammer Koelaphant carcass to get bone parts (like the rib cage and skulls you can find in desert biome)

Theres plenty of ways to get BoneShards! Including hammering spoiled fish morsels. But what we don’t have is a way to renew the Bone Decor after it’s destroyed.

I think it would be cool if when we hammer it, we get skeleton parts like we do for the fuel weaver skeleton. But instead we can create koalaphant skeletons. If we want bone shards, perhaps just using a deconstruction staff on the skeleton parts would work.

29 minutes ago, Ardyn said:

This sounds strange because when we kill koalaphant, we can only get meat, not bone shards. Maybe we can get bone shards when we try to hammer the meat.

The survivors consistently eat meat with the bones and everything I guess, the hounds are the smart ones here

11 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

The survivors consistently eat meat with the bones and everything I guess, the hounds are the smart ones here

We owe our big brains to eating bone marrow. In cold climates, humans were forced to scavenge bone left behind by predatory packs that didn't have the jaw strength to crush femurs. 

So our ancestors smacked the bone with a rock to eat the marrow inside. Hounds are the dumb ones. 

2 hours ago, chirsg said:

We owe our big brains to eating bone marrow. In cold climates, humans were forced to scavenge bone left behind by predatory packs that didn't have the jaw strength to crush femurs. 

So our ancestors smacked the bone with a rock to eat the marrow inside. Hounds are the dumb ones. 

Which is strange since dogs nowadays also bite through the bones to get the marrow inside. 

1 hour ago, Spino43 said:

Which is strange since dogs nowadays also bite through the bones to get the marrow inside. 

Femur is a very thick bone. Usually butchers put them through the bandsaw for the dogs to even have a chance. Good ol' rock. Nothing beats rock.

Archived