The Two Main Flaws With W.A.R.B.I.S + My Suggestion

I understand that more work is being done on the W.A.R.B.I.S. gear and that the intention of the gear is that its mainly for console players so that they don't have to do crazy swapping between items.

My feedback with the armor is that currently, it's really held back by the fact that the buffs of the armor only scales with single-target enemies.

The amount of fights in the game where it's solely you and a single enemy pales in comparison to the amount of fights where it's 2 or more enemies.

For that reason, I suggest that the W.A.R.B.I.S buff should be active so long as the player is in combat with a little bit of a timer of say 10-20 seconds before the buff wears off. The timer aspect is because I've noticed that the fight music often resets a lot if you don't attack in that time period, so I'm assuming that the game assumes that the player has fallen out of combat in that time period, even though they very much are.

The second flaw is that this gear takes 1-2 Enlightened Shards. I like that there are more uses for the shards and I hope to see more. Unfortunately, I don't think the pros of the armor match the cost of having to kill Celestial Champion(s) and/or then deconstructing the crown.

This second point of feedback does go away if the first point of feedback is addressed.

Thank you :wilsontea:

I think it would be nice if it became the dreadstone gear in moon and wagstaff side. It has the same protection data as dreadstone.

Imagine you get them from Wagstaff in moonstorm, which also solves the problem of moonstorm and CC task content and rewards inadequate.

8 hours ago, Cassielu said:

I think it would be nice if it became the dreadstone gear in moon and wagstaff side. It has the same protection data as dreadstone.

Imagine you get them from Wagstaff in moonstorm, which also solves the problem of moonstorm and CC task content and rewards inadequate.

yeah, we have the dreadstone armor (that have planar defense) before we open shadow rift, it would be cool if we could get W.A.R.B.I.S before activating lunar rifts.

I personally would love to see the armor work on a mob "family" system. For instance, if you were fighting a hound attack, the normal hounds, fire hounds, ice hounds, horror hounds, and varglets would all be considered the same "mob" to the helmet and would share the bonus with all the targets. Same thing if you were fighting depth worms, clockworks, bee queen, etc. I think it would make the helmet shine way better for crowd scenarios, while still not being the best for multiple types of mobs at once.

As for armor buffs, I would say it ramping up faster would be nice, and the helm would be nice if it had a better damage bonus (the chest is fine IMO)

I thought of 2 potential solutions for the warbis:

1) Filter system. Basically, the suit of armor would have a filter on it that prevents it for switching to certain targets. This would be things like Terrorbeaks and Crawling Horrors, allowing you to retain the buff even if the insanity goons come to mess your day up. It would also include mobs below a certain hp threshold, so that things like the unseen hands and healing mites the Fuelweaver spawns also don't disrupt it. This could also apply to other bosses to where anything spawned by them specifically doesn't trigger it, like a spider queen's spiders wouldn't take the targeting off her but a spider that comes from some random nest would. This filter could even be expanded in junction with the scrapbook, allowing you to mark things off to not target once one of the pieces of the warbis has been crafted for your scrapbook.

2) Lock-On. Once getting 4 stacks on a target, a 5th stack will get added soon after. This wouldn't actually provide any benefits, but will instead lock the warbis onto that target for 30 seconds. During this timer period, the target will stay locked onto the mob for the duration of the effect, allowing you to have the speed boost and target other things like the crab kings claws without fear of retribution. after the 30 seconds is up, the effect would fade like normal, however hitting the target in any fashion will reset this timer.

Archived