[Game Update] - 575093

V2C

Ewecus still spawn. I've just confirmed it. It just takes a lot of tries now. The way they appear now changed too. 

Spoiler

image.png.9e6f91e648ef8c1347cf72e6639e0515.png

You will first find a dead Koalefant. Once you get close and examine it will change into an Ewecus. Quite funny and maybe a little dangerous lol.

Edit: Now I'm finding Vargs this way too,,

Edited by dexobj
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, dexobj said:

Ewecus still spawn. I've just confirmed it. It just takes a lot of tries now. The way they appear now changed too. 

Hide contents

image.png.9e6f91e648ef8c1347cf72e6639e0515.png

You will first find a dead Koalefant. Once you get close and examine it will change into an Ewecus. Quite funny and maybe a little dangerous lol.

Edit: Now I'm finding Vargs this way too,,

This seems very weird... Ewecus doesn't look or seem like a predator/carnivore... I think only the Varg should pop out from behind a dead Koalafant and Ewecus could maybe have its own little unique appearance. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Mario384 said:

It's pretty lame that you need specific tools to attack lunar Deerclops in melee.

I'd have using Fire Staffs/Darts/Pens to get an opening to attack any day over the complete resource sink that is Crab King (or Toadstool if you don't want to cheese him with Lureplants).

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 1:34 PM, mykenception said:

you gotta like enable the rifts, do hunts with a chance of a varg and kill a the varg and the mutated variant while a rift is active

idk man sounds quite a pain to get just for funni pvp

i see a lot of people on russian pvp servers craft thulecite crown on 4-5th day

Edited by ulybaka
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ulybaka said:

Speed runners are different breed it’s insane. They do in 14 days what most can’t do in 3 years. It’s both beautiful and terrifying 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ulybaka said:

The quickest speedrun of celestial champion I know is by a group of Chinese players, finished on day 11. It takes  about a year to get the new dart too. 80 days of gameplay to get this "meta weapon"... Do pvp servers last that long?

• Like 2

Is it intended that hail is damaging friendly/neutral mobs such as grass geckos and Glommer? Or is it an oversight that needs to be fixed? If it's intended, it feels like a very disappointing and unfair mechanic. I know umbrallas can be deployed near them but they would lose durability and in deployed state they have no visual indicator of durability left (unlike ice flingomatic). Not to mention that they look out of place for most builds, have small range and creatures can easily move out of their protection. These creatures also have small health pool so if you caught off-guard by the hail, you will need to rush and activate umbrallas asap and you might not make it in time to protect creatures in different part of your base. 

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 3

On 9/30/2023 at 7:58 AM, bloopah said:

I'd have using Fire Staffs/Darts/Pens to get an opening to attack any day over the complete resource sink that is Crab King (or Toadstool if you don't want to cheese him with Lureplants).

Just because those (and other) bosses are poorly designed shouldn't excuse new bosses from being poorly designed.

On 9/30/2023 at 9:58 PM, bloopah said:

I consider it far less cheesy as you still have to actually perform the fight its just a lot easier but I am a huge advocate for the triple Flingomatic, Ring of Feathers and Dwarf Star approach to Toadstool. You don't burn through anywhere near as many resources (as the normal fight with no cheese that is) and it is far more bearable but still a little challenging and still a fight. The Lureplant cheese just completely incapacitates him and removes the fight altogether. 

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mario384 said:

Just because those (and other) bosses are poorly designed shouldn't excuse new bosses from being poorly designed.

I personally think it’s fun to use the fire staff! But I do think it could be inconvenient to someone dosent know that trick, there should be a hint or something.

13 minutes ago, RonanMcQ said:

I personally think it’s fun to use the fire staff! But I do think it could be inconvenient to someone dosent know that trick, there should be a hint or something.

It's quite intuitive fire attack would be the weakness of the icy enemy no? It's just common sense

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, _zwb said:

It's quite intuitive fire attack would be the weakness of the icy enemy no? It's just common sense

Me personally I wouldn’t have guessed it without a video (I am dumb though) I wish the scrap book said something like “it seems to be susceptible to fire attacks” for fellow idiots like me

6 hours ago, _zwb said:

Imho, it really isn't all that intuitive, unless you already know that planar bosses all seem to have a certain weakness. Even then, you need to attack it with fire during a rather specific time window, after the boss attacked with ice spike twice, but before they grew back in(which happens pretty fast). Couple that with fire being notoriously bad in most situations that involve fighting something, and you have a solid list of reasons of why it wouldn't be so obvious what to do in this fight. 

So, while it does indeed make sense for fire to be the weakness of the ice boss's, it doesn't immediately make the mechanic intuitive. Then again, guess it is still significantly more intuitive than FW questline, so that's something. 

• Like 4

On 10/3/2023 at 5:29 AM, _zwb said:

In theory it is common sense until you consider it's base form doesn't work that way and there's no indication that these powered up forms gain a new weakness bearger and vargs can be discovered by accident but you'd be hard pressed to convince me people would figure out deerclops on their own.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

In theory it is common sense until you consider it's base form doesn't work that way and there's no indication that these powered up forms gain a new weakness bearger and vargs can be discovered by accident but you'd be hard pressed to convince me people would figure out deerclops on their own.

Well, on the other hand, if you knew freezing and found out that the Crystal Deerclops would freeze you faster, you would think of using a fire to help yourself thaw (just like how people fight normal deerclops), then trying to ignite the Crystal Deerclops, discovering its special burning animation and find its weakness.

That's how I found it, no data mining, no wiki, I hadn't even met bearger and varg at the time - didn,t knowing that it might have a weakness.

2 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

there's no indication that these powered up forms gain a new weakness

It's very counterintuitive for all new bosses, considering when they show up. It's post-CC content, so you killed Crab King, CC, Bee Queen and/or Klaus for bundling wrap and probably Deerclops and Moose/Goose but then there is suddenly this new boss weakness mechanic after ~12 hours of gameplay.

On 9/29/2023 at 9:00 PM, Mario384 said:

It's pretty lame that you need specific tools to attack lunar Deerclops in melee

You don't need it to beat Crystal Deerclops but to stun it.

Double bone armor plus some healing (like a jellybean) does wonders.

7 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Well, on the other hand, if you knew freezing and found out that the Crystal Deerclops would freeze you faster, you would think of using a fire to help yourself thaw (just like how people fight normal deerclops), then trying to ignite the Crystal Deerclops, discovering its special burning animation and find its weakness.

That's how I found it, no data mining, no wiki, I hadn't even met bearger and varg at the time - didn,t knowing that it might have a weakness.

Yup, same thing for me. I tried to set him on fire to remove that ice circle fom his foot, and eventually it fell to his stunned form. The only thing that I learnt later(in the forums), was that I needed to wait for it to throw its ice spikes first