Woody Skill tree suggestion: Birchnut sap/Birchnut syrup

Hello everyone!

I wanted to suggest something for Woody's skill tree that i'd actually love to see. Wouldn't it be amazing if our wood loving canadian was able to tap trees and gatter some syrup? Maple syrup is such a staple of Canada and i thought it'd be a shame to miss this opportunity. Syrup could act as a replacement to honey in recipies. To not make it to OP, a tapped tree could only produce a maximum of 2-3 syrup at a time. Since we don't have "maple trees" in the game, i thought maybe Woody could only tap birchnut. Finally if you want to make it even more realistic, syrup could only be produced during spring, a bit like how we harvest maple syrup in real life.

When the Gorge got released, we saw the introduction of the Sugarwood Tree and the tapping mechanic! Since, i've been hoping to see that mechanic see it's way in the game in a form or another and i think that now would be the best opportunity.

For people the people that are not familliar with the process of tapping, you basicly take a bucket and pierced the trunk of the tree to collect it's sap.

Sugarwood_Tree_Tapped_Full.webp.cb9c588f022da845cb352d2bacb39eb8.webp

(Image of the sugarwood tree from the Gorge being tapped)

I know we are quite late in the beta and that such an idea might not even get the shine of light, but I thought it was worth the shot and ask for this feature to come with Woodies skilltree in the update. If someone else already suggested it in the past, sorry for the double thread but I wasn't able to see if someone had posted it before. Either way let me know what you guys think of this or ways it could be improved. Take care and most importantly, don't starve!

I love your idea, OP, but not on Woodie. I think we should just get sugarwood trees and a gorge biome you can sail to altogether.

The assets are all there. With a bit of elbow grease, we can get an entirely different biome rather than tack on to a biome, which in my opinion, is already one that feels the most like home. 

That's just me. 

I'd love straight out gorge wheat, spices and grindable salt in the game, and of course would include sugarwood trees and tapping.

21 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I think we should just get sugarwood trees and a gorge biome you can sail to altogether.

I'd love to see some biome that is reworded but recall a bit other ds's dlcs like lagoon biome (how i love the color theme of is) gorge themed biome like forest etc.

it would be a nice place to base too.

Archived