is there a way to purify water

The only issue I've found with boiling polluted water is that the game engine loves to find low pressure zones in a steam room and off-gas when you should have plenty of heat and pressure to make it a non-issue. I can only assume it's things slipping between ticks, but who knows? That being said if you can deal with the occasional polluted oxygen tile a water distiller is a powerful tool that you can dump any water into and generate power instead of using it.

OK, I just talked myself back into it

There is relatively easy way to disinfect water using chlorine. Sensor is setup for half circle and oncted to 1st and 3rd containers, and through not gate to 2nd./ This way water will stay in chlorine tank for 1,5 cycle killing all germs. just hook up water to it lock it down and you should be good

DisinfectWater.jpg

If you're running Spaced Out, it's way easier to use radiation to sanitize your water supply. Just put three Shine Bugs in the room. No need for traps -- be patient and move their eggs. They'll emit enough radiation to kill the germs, but not nearly enough to be harmful to your dupes.

15 hours ago, meekay said:

If you're running Spaced Out, it's way easier to use radiation to sanitize your water supply. Just put three Shine Bugs in the room. No need for traps -- be patient and move their eggs. They'll emit enough radiation to kill the germs, but not nearly enough to be harmful to your dupes.

Ah! That’s super clever, it hadn’t even occurred to me that they could be used as flying sanitizers.

On 7/28/2023 at 4:55 AM, meekay said:

I am using radiation for germ destroying for long time however creation of super-early water purifier with Shine bugs never appeared to me. Thanks for this suggestion! :-)

Archived