Any ideas that would make the game different/more fun?

Personally, I think it would be so cool if Klei were to add some kind of actual housing mechanic! Like haven’t you ever wondered what the inside of a pig house looks like? It would be so cool if you can make your own house, and make some kind of incentive for going in and staying inside during the night time or during winter! They can add cosmetics to make the house look cool from the outside and inside, but It would probably be too game changing, that would be awesome to see anyway. This might be pushing it a bit but maybe even make the house become your actual base instead of just plopping things all over the place and making it look messy.  Anyone have any cool ideas that you’d like to see implemented in game? 

● Id love an update that added more of the crops just out in the wild.

Although it would be amazing to have entire new biomes for specific crops, id settle for maybe a 1 in 4 chance of a carrot being something else like a Toma root, or an eggplant. Hell add some islands filled with nothing but non carrot crops

● Can we get more Warly dishes please :wilson_cry: They dont even have to do anything I just like cooking

● More tameable mobs. Beefalos are great but imagine being able to ride an Ewecus into a dragonfly battle and ensnaring him for a bit when he tries to spawn his gremlins kinda like a discount maxwell

Or how about a tamed Varg that can summon a few dogs for support like a discount (Name of character that can have 20+ minions so dont even start with saying tHis iS oP)

● A random mode on map generation. Yeah I could change it on my own but its no fun if you already kinda know what the maps probably gonna look like.

My biggest dream is to be able to play the dlcs I paid my money for but can not play because they aren’t compatible with DST. Soooo I have to choose between enjoying Shipwrecked/Hamlet & missing out on playing with any of my friends & earning skin drops, or playing DST and never getting to really enjoy SW/Ham even though I bought them sometime back ago.

If your on PC you can have the best of both worlds by downloading some Mods that let you play SW/Hamlet in DST, but us  Xbox/Ps/Nintendo players don’t get that same luxury and the only way we will ever get close is if Klei adds them in some sort of “official” capacity.

I don’t think players are fully realizing yet what this means: but I’d have access to DS DLC characters (Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba, Wagstaff) inside DST, and DST DLC Characters (Wurt, Walter, Wanda, Wortox) in Shipwrecked & Hamlet themed Worlds.

This also means SW/Ham features would be in DST- such as the weather seasons, mobs, craftables, Hamlet houses & more.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

My biggest dream is to be able to play the dlcs I paid my money for but can not play

You bought a DLC for a game and you're upset when that DLC is only for the game it was made for? Don't get me wrong it'd be great to have Shipwrecked and Hamlet in DST officially but you keep phrasing it like Klei is somehow robbing you

1 hour ago, Paxtonnnn said:

You bought a DLC for a game and you're upset when that DLC is only for the game it was made for? Don't get me wrong it'd be great to have Shipwrecked and Hamlet in DST officially but you keep phrasing it like Klei is somehow robbing you

I have a sense that Klei is somehow robbing itself. There's probably a million factors that Klei needs to take into consideration that I'm not familiar with at all. I couldn't prove that Klei is robbing itself, and I don't mean to imply that Klei is bad or doing something bad. 
My understanding of @Mike23Ua sentiment is that he/she would like to see more DS/DST. Not that Klei has done any robbing or thieving. 

The craft UI tab might would be more Useful if you could type in something like “Pig” and it shows every craftable with the name pig in it (currently does this) and every craftable that can be made using Pigskin (Does NOT do this but would be ultra convenient & Helpful as heck if it did)

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

The craft UI tab might would be more Useful if you could type in something like “Pig” and it shows every craftable with the name pig in it (currently does this) and every craftable that can be made using Pigskin (Does NOT do this but would be ultra convenient & Helpful as heck if it did)

It would probably just clutter search results, I’d rather it stays as is 

After playing around with it a lot in Day 1 fresh starting worlds, I am genuinely confused why the lunar rifts & associated Brightshades are late game content that is only unlocked after killing the Celestial Champion in normal world settings. Once a player has advanced far enough into the game to craft a Darksword (which can be done super early on if you know what your doing..) killing a few Brightshades become easy, and after killing the Brightshades they reward you with the very same resources you need to craft Brightshade Armor and Gear.

Lets compare that to Obtaining a Darksword- Needs Nightmare Fuel (and most likely for you to go insane..) & living logs which can be hard to obtain, also drains sanity continuously while held in hand slot.

Brightshade Swords renew themselves from the very mob they’re intended to be used against. 

Let’s compare the Glass Cutter (useful to easily fight nightmare creatures) for some silly unknown reason: can only be crafted when standing next to a celestial crafting station, requiring frequent trips back to the island the Celestial Crafting station was built on unlike the Brightshade items which once prototypes can be crafted without needing to be near the BrightSmithy.

So now let’s ask the important question: What does turning Lunar Rifts on in a Day 1 world actually benefit the game with? Well for me personally I always had a very very difficult time supplying my friends with Armor & Weapons (because as mentioned above, mass producing Darkswords is 1000x harder than mass producing Brightshade Swords) my less skilled friends while using said Darksword also had to deal with constant negative sanity drain while holding it, which overall- didn’t make it a good weapon to be giving my newbie friends.

likewise: Pigskin can be hard to obtain in bulk crafts for all the armor they will inevitably break and burn through, you heavily underestimate just how much grass, rope, logs & pigskin you will actually need to craft if you intend on “helping” new players to the game.

Lunar Rifts yes they will add Deadly Brightshades to your world, but these things are completely Stationary, they don’t move at all, you can easily stay out of the way of their attacks which is much more than I can say for Clockwork Knights or MacTusks who can blast you with their ranged projectiles.. Its not “hard” for a new player to completely avoid a Brightshades Roots, it IS hard for them to avoid going insane and being killed by TerrorBeaks.

With Lunar Rifts & Deadly Brightshades supplying the very gear you need to fight them with, you don’t have to do silly tasks like venture out to lunar island every time you need a new class cutter, or take a trip to the lunar grotto for living logs, or turn pigs into Werepigs to get football helm skins.

I legit: Don’t understand Klei logic in why the Lunar Rifts are post CC, because by that point of the game you likely don’t need these items as much as a newer player would.

That said: Klei could have plans to add a lot of nastier more difficult content in the future, but as they stand right now… Lunar Rifts have become must haves for my worlds, not only is fighting Brightshades FUN for me, but being able to supply my friends with Armor & Weapons without having to go out of my way to do it.. has made the game more fun for my friends as well. :love_heart:

Easily one of my favorite updates to ever be added to DST, thank You Klei.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Don’t understand Klei logic in why the Lunar Rifts are post CC,

Because brightshades are not going to be the only thing coming out of them?

And you can craft the glass cutter anywhere basically because after you defeat the celestial champion the full lunacy tab is accessible from the celestial orb

Grass Gator taming.

In addition to adding 20+ game days of content, being able to explore the ocean with the same mobility that you'd have on land would make ocean content 100x more fun.  Boats would still have their place since you can't build things like fire pits, chests etc on a gator and like beefalo, gators would have a buck timer.  However, unlike beefalo, getting bucked off of a gator would be really penalizing. 

Archived