Jump to content

Will Sony/PS ever have Cross Progression?


Recommended Posts

They mentioned they're trying very recently on Twitter, so this is something they are working on still. As you said, it's up to Sony to make it possible but Klei did not give up yet.

If there is a way to contact Sony somehow you could try sending a letter or something, maybe if fans show interest the chances will get better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're still working on it. This is still something we very much want to do. However, there is no way to ever be able to say "we're almost there". Most of the work is already done, it's just a matter of arrangements with Sony. 

It's looking promising. BUT - until we're 100% sure, we won't have anything to announce. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is cross-progression the same as cross-play?  What's the difference if they aren't the same?

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

it's just a matter of arrangements with Sony. 

I am hoping you would also be making arrangements with Microsoft too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cross play is something different. I think klei mentioned they maybe would look into it, but i dont think its something theyre actively working on. From what I understand it should be much easier for crossplay, even Sony, to be enabled between everyone. The difference is klei would have to completley  rework their server infrastructure to even make this possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sudoku said:

cross play is something different. I think klei mentioned they maybe would look into it, but i dont think its something theyre actively working on. From what I understand it should be much easier for crossplay, even Sony, to be enabled between everyone. The difference is klei would have to completley  rework their server infrastructure to even make this possible.

Honestly i would be happy if the let us port our console skins to pc and pc to console. I wanna join you guys over in the trade market :encouragement:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

Honestly i would be happy if the let us port our console skins to pc and pc to console. I wanna join you guys over in the trade market :encouragement:

I play on both PS5 and PC, i vastly prefer PC mostly cause my entire skin collection is there but also because while I am mostly a controller player, Don't Starve just feels so much better with keyboard and mouse.

I'd love to see crossplay at some point, its pretty much a standard in any current multiplayer game and something klei should really prioritize, especially if they want another 10 years (happy anniversary!)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2023 at 5:01 PM, 1moregame said:

Is cross-progression the same as cross-play?  What's the difference if they aren't the same?

I am hoping you would also be making arrangements with Microsoft too?

Sir, there's already cross progression with Microsoft. But let me explain it for you so there is no confusion.

 

 

Cross-Progression: Essentially cross saves. So any progress made on PS, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch will be shown and made on PC and vice versa.

Cross-Play: PS, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, and PC can all PLAY with each other across platforms.

 

Hope I helped

Sincerely, Cactus
 

On 4/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, Brago-sama said:

Honestly i would be happy if the let us port our console skins to pc and pc to console. I wanna join you guys over in the trade market :encouragement:

As stated.......

 https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/5204928303124-Shared-Unlocks-FAQ-for-Dont-Starve-Together 

There, cross progression is on every platform EXCPET Sony. Which is truly aggravating. So it is enabled. Just not for Sony.

Sincerely, Cactus

On 4/28/2023 at 3:41 PM, JoeW said:

We're still working on it. This is still something we very much want to do. However, there is no way to ever be able to say "we're almost there". Most of the work is already done, it's just a matter of arrangements with Sony. 

It's looking promising. BUT - until we're 100% sure, we won't have anything to announce. 

I just recently started playing Don't Starve on PC after moving from Console, and this is such a wonderful thing to hear. Thank you so much. 

I know it's no promise, and I know it's not 100% for sure. But thank you either way for you dedication to our community. Congrats on 10 years guys.

 

Sincerely, Cactus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Cross-Progression: Essentially cross saves.

Thanks.  I think a better way to describe this might be that your unlocks are shared.  I cannot however stop playing on Xbox and then pick up the same world and continue on PC.  But all of my skins and belongings are available in both systems. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...