too many deadly brightshades

22 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Literally no one on this forum is saying that. 

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/146992-brightshade-infestations-are-prone-to-getting-incredibly-repetitive-and-uninteresting/

There are people in this thread arguing that the brightshades are fine as they are/defending the current implementation of them which is a garbage take by the way.

2 minutes ago, Vinja said:

There are people in this thread arguing that the brightshades are fine as they are/defending the current implementation of them which is a garbage take by the way.

Who? It was mostly me and Mysterious box and we both said the plants need a nerf. 

30 minutes ago, Vinja said:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/146992-brightshade-infestations-are-prone-to-getting-incredibly-repetitive-and-uninteresting/

Being on board with the concept of said plant doesn't mean to be ok with all its features too, like its spawn rate or current specs. The concept is fine, but needs tuning. Both in the number of spawns (as OP rightly points) and in its HP/dmg done. Likewise the concept of "planar" dmg came into question. Thus yes, there's plenty room for improvement for Survival facet and for entertainment's sake.

4 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Who? It was mostly me and Mysterious box and we both said the plants need a nerf. 

Then I wasn’t talking about you was I? Quit taking stuff so personal, we literally agree with each other. 

3 hours ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

Being on board with the concept of said plant doesn't mean to be ok with all its features too, like its spawn rate or current specs. The concept is fine, but needs tuning. Both in the number of spawns (as OP rightly points) and in its HP/dmg done. Likewise the concept of "planar" dmg came into question. Thus yes, there's plenty room for improvement for Survival facet and for entertainment's sake.

Exactly. The plants are a cool idea but need spawns need tuned back some, perhaps even a complete overhaul because the implementation as it stands feels weirdly like griefing and it only amplifies the longer term the world is.

5 hours ago, Vinja said:

This needs more recognition for the people arguing that the deadly brightshades as they are currently implemented are fine.

Also I wanna point back to what I said because it feels like people are thinking I’m saying the plants have to go. They don’t, but they aren’t in a great place right now. It’s weird seeing people defend them and act like their current implementation is an interesting new survival mechanic or something. It’s cool for the first few times, then it quickly gets old and its way more of an annoying nuisance and doesn’t add a new fun challenge it adds annoying and tedious gameplay that infects your world. 

I like the new content but it needs something, bad. Maybe limit the amount of plants that can be in a world at once and give them global icons? Doesn’t need to be a super small limit just something to prevent this post from happening. It’s not a perfect solution but it’s better than what it is now.

Also hot take I guess but the planar defense is a dumb and boring cop out mechanic so they can keep the weapons pretty weak overall, or at least only as good as a dark sword, but still “encourage” you to use them. Why not make new enemies have higher HP and just give the new weapons higher base damage? Then you’ve accomplished the same idea but while adding a new third tier of tools which a lot of people seem to want. Would that make past content easier? Sure. But it’s content you’ve likely already completed if you’re at this point, so yeah I think an actual exciting and good reward is warranted.

Or how about this? Could we embrace a “hard mode”? What if when you kill CC the other bosses in the word get a health increase and a bigger and better more rewarding loot pool to go with it? Give the new sword 100 base damage, buff the new staff, drop the planar damage idea, and now you have a new tier of weapons that can feel stronger and more fun to use in your day to day combat but it doesn’t make other boss content too easy, and for taking on the challenge you get better boss drops in the process. Maybe give the old bosses a Lunar/Shadow themed reskin and maybe even a new attack or battle mechanic to symbolize their hard mode variant and add Lunar/Shadow items into their loot pool. 

18 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:

Don't they only infect transplanted plants? Or am I just somehow only seeing them infect my plants.

I'm a bit curious on this too.

It would seem almost counter intuitive to the rifts being dissuaded from spawning near structures, but I'm seeing a similar behavior.

---

On an unrelated note, though not needed at this point in the game, these dang plants could totally make for some fun 'cheap' boss farms.
Turning a bunch of saplings into an army is pretty hilarious.

I just hope that Klei adds some way to handle this as a sort of "ice flingomatic" that has to be in your base to stop this.

So people stop complaining and Klei won't back down like it did with the Moon Quay update.

Bite, my bait!

7 minutes ago, Emilier said:

I just hope that Klei adds some way to handle this as a sort of "ice flingomatic" that has to be in your base to stop this.

So people stop complaining and Klei won't back down like it did with the Moon Quay update.

Bite, my bait!

Honestly that could totally work as an alternative.

On 4/9/2023 at 10:16 AM, Vinja said:

The OP in that thread did not say that there were too many brightshades. They stated that the concept is uninteresting and then used decor berry bushes being targeted as an example. 

That is a completely different argument and thought process than what is being discussed here and is not the smoking gun you think it is.

2 hours ago, sudoku said:

The OP in that thread did not say that there were too many brightshades. They stated that the concept is uninteresting and then used decor berry bushes being targeted as an example. 

That is a completely different argument and thought process than what is being discussed here and is not the smoking gun you think it is.

I wasn’t talking about the OP, can you guys read a little bit and stop assuming bad intentions and engaging in conversation in bad faith. I get it, it’s the internet, but seriously dudes.

Archived