DON'T STARVE LIVE ACTION!!!

7 minutes ago, Catteflyterpill said:

I think live action would kill all the charm of Don't Starve. And this looks a bit like AI, which is a rabbit hole of eh. 

Really, maybe a live action wouldn't fit so much don't starve, these are i.a images that I generated to know how it would look in real life

These were definitely made with AI, Wolfgang just looks so off.

I feel like a lot of the charm with Don't Starve comes from the artstyle, so just making it live action makes it much less interesting. It's like those Disney live action remakes, they're just so uninteresting visually compared to their original films.

If we were going to get a movie or TV show based on DS, animation is 100% the way to go.

1 hour ago, Starlogy said:

I feel like a lot of the charm with Don't Starve comes from the artstyle, so just making it live action makes it much less interesting.

The art-style is what made me interested in the game, and it's truly attractive for the eye. That doesn't mean a live-action is always a downgrade, one just has to adapt it to fit more the live-action style. I find the live action of Alice in the Wonderland better than the animated one (maybe it's just mostalgia(yes, nostalgia for a 2010 film)). Anyway, if we are ever getting a serie or movie, it will be animated (I think). DS has many fantasy elements that would make a live-action hard and expensive to make.

Spoiler

The gel for Wilson's hair would take half of the budget.

Animation-type media doesn't translate well into live-action, not at all. Frankly I don't remember any case where it did, even partially, from personal experience. All those Disney remake ones ended up as entertainment manure and weak nostalgia cash-grab attempts. Irl physics play a huge role into that, to begin with. Then there's the super-deformed style for comedic relief. Too much stacked against it at technical level. Then the modern-day writing/scripts... oh, the writing...

I do appreciate the AI art from OP, especially Maxwell - at least as proof-of-concept.

8 hours ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

Animation-type media doesn't translate well into live-action, not at all. Frankly I don't remember any case where it did, even partially, from personal experience. All those Disney remake ones ended up as entertainment manure and weak nostalgia cash-grab attempts. Irl physics play a huge role into that, to begin with. Then there's the super-deformed style for comedic relief. Too much stacked against it at technical level. Then the modern-day writing/scripts... oh, the writing...

I do appreciate the AI art from OP, especially Maxwell - at least as proof-of-concept.

Eh I'm not a huge fan of AI, but biased as an artist. 

I do think with proper casting, visual effects, makeups, and most improtantly a good plot, it would be a worthwhile live action adaptation.

That actor who plays Wednesday in the series' same name would be a great Willow for me.

I feel most people are afraid of anything related to live action these days because of disney. They keep producing bad live actions while cramming in all the stupid political stuffs I won't mention here.

8 hours ago, Spino43 said:

Eu acho que com elenco adequado, efeitos visuais, maquiagens e, o mais importante, um bom enredo, seria uma adaptação live-action que valeria a pena.

Aquele ator que interpreta Wednesday na série de mesmo nome seria um ótimo Willow para mim.

Eu sinto que a maioria das pessoas tem medo de qualquer coisa relacionada à ação ao vivo hoje em dia por causa da Disney. Eles continuam produzindo ações ao vivo ruins enquanto enfiam todas as coisas políticas estúpidas que não vou mencionar aqui.

I even made an art of willow and it turned out just like the girl from widnesday

Humanoleo_womanholding_a_lighter_hair_floating_in_the_middle_of_ff7a347b-1136-4752-be04-a82eba731dce.png

Humanoleo_girl_holding_a_lighter_hair_sticking_up_in_the_middle_df3f4aab-a25a-445a-8217-db524e6c40b6.png

Humanoleo_girl_holding_a_lighter_in_the_middle_of_a_burning_hou_32bf8db3-2866-46e2-8bf5-f3558d1659b9.png

44 minutes ago, Maxposting said:

Sugiro usar sua própria arte e ler as críticas à arte da IA e às empresas por trás dela.

I've read them and I'm still using them, I don't know how to make art, I just played around and made these arts in minutes, whether or not the AI is the future and many things will change

20 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Eh I'm not a huge fan of AI, but biased as an artist.

As someone who dabbles in sketching, I have to ask; I get that using AI to cut corners in productions that would otherwise require an artist is just a poopy thing to do, but what about just using it as OP has used it, where it's simply for proof-of-concept? I think this is a wonderful use of AI, as it can more accurately portray the idea you're going for when creating a final product.

5 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

As someone who dabbles in sketching, I have to ask; I get that using AI to cut corners in productions that would otherwise require an artist is just a poopy thing to do, but what about just using it as OP has used it, where it's simply for proof-of-concept? I think this is a wonderful use of AI, as it can more accurately portray the idea you're going for when creating a final product.

I think this is one of the better applications of AI, but the underlying issue with AI is that it's trained off of artists or photographer's work without consent. Just run through a machine to learn in a way that is meant to replace the good these people are trying to offer. And right now there's not a lot of recourse for artists or a means to protect their work.

I like Wendy and Willow's second image, it kind of captures their personal style.

Maxwell's Lovecraft vibe is great, it's a pity that the people in the picture don't look like Maxwell....

Also I'm glad the AI finally didn't screw up the number of fingers

Have you tried importing character pictures directly for AI reference, and targeting a certain movie that you think is closest to the Don't Starve style and letting the AI work its black magic?Saw a lot of people doing something similar

33 minutes ago, Francis2000 said:

Eu gosto da segunda imagem de Wendy e Willow, meio que captura seu estilo pessoal.

A vibe Lovecraft do Maxwell é ótima, pena que as pessoas da foto não se parecem com o Maxwell....

Também estou feliz que a IA finalmente não estragou o número de dedos

Você já tentou importar imagens de personagens diretamente para referência de IA e selecionar um determinado filme que você acha mais próximo do estilo Don't Starve e deixar a IA fazer sua mágica negra? Vi muitas pessoas fazendo algo semelhante

It's a good idea, I used the original photos and asked them to transform them into real people, I tried to leave them only in real life, I made some other arts in Leonardo.AI that generated satisfactory results

Woodie
WX
Wigfrid

Leonardo_Diffusion_giant_beaver_standing_like_a_human_in_flore_1.jpg

Leonardo_Diffusion_redhaired_lumberjack_in_real_life_1 (1).jpg

Leonardo_Diffusion_girl_viking_warrior_in_real_life_0 (1).jpg

Leonardo_Diffusion_robot_in_real_life_same_color_in_the_middle_1.jpg

12 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Acho que esta é uma das melhores aplicações da IA, mas o problema subjacente com a IA é que ela é treinada a partir do trabalho de artistas ou fotógrafos sem consentimento. Basta correr por uma máquina para aprender de uma forma que visa substituir o bem que essas pessoas estão tentando oferecer. E agora não há muito recurso para os artistas ou meios de proteger seu trabalho.

this is really very wrong, but even so, using AI I realize that it is very difficult to make an original work with all the nuances and details of the artists, it would require many prompts and it is extremely tiring, it can make a cheap copy, but nothing like the original . Honestly, this made me value artists even more when thinking about the work it takes to generate an image. The artist has a vision and context, color psychology, which not everyone does, I think AI could be a tool to help, not the need to spend hours drawing. Yet it is the human who chooses the best images and parts. I believe that legally, something like a signature will also appear on each AI image, to avoid deepfakes, in any image it will be clear whether it is AI or not. It is something that is being discussed a lot. AI is not only replacing artists, it is replacing several areas, but it is the same when they replaced tadilographs, millions of tadilographers were left with the emergence of the computer, but how many other professions did creativity and human unpredictability not it can be replaced and no matter how much they complain the AI will not stop... Like the cell phone or the computer, it hasn't stopped either you're crying like a bore or you learn to use it in your favor.

53 minutes ago, Echsrick said:

you dit not make it, ai is NOT good for us at all, so please dont do it, try learning how to draw something instead

I know how to draw, I even made some arts within the game, but ignoring the potential of AI is stupid,  is progress, comentary it's like saying, the computer is not good for us, or potoshop is not good for us, photography appeared and painting continues to exist. The photo below of the drawing I made in the game, do you think an AI could do it? place each piece of wilson's beard to form the drawing. This is a way of reinventing art will always remain

download.jfif

download (1).jpg

30 minutes ago, Plnguin said:

ignoring the potential of AI is stupid, 

AI could be great in a non-capitalist society. But we all know what's more important, human life or profit. Letting artists starve to death is perfectly fine if AI can make a job cheaper. We should support replacing people at a rapid, non sustainable pace and literally steal all their life's work.

Until everything gets regulated and tech bros stop stealing art from people everyone should be aggressively anti AI art. It doesn't matter how revolutionary it is, if it's made to hurt people you should not be on it's side.

Archived