So i have a few Qs about Klaus and its spawn

So I have a few questions. If anyone can answer them, I'd greatly appreciate it and thanks in advance.

1. How many klaus spawners are there in a world?

2. Can you locate/track by building a sign or statue on the klaus sack?

3. Also can you place a sign or a statue to stop klaus sack from spawning in those places?

Ive seen Glermz place statue to prevent spawning except the one place he wants it to spawn.

I've placed sign and statue but the sack just spawns on them. Or did something change and it doesn't work anymore?

Any info would be great!

1.Only 1 loot stash per winter but during winter feast it spawns year round on like 20 day cooldown and it spawns on day 1 if I remember correctly.

2.It only spawns only in deciduous forest and mosaic biome so you can usually find it quite easily.

3.I don't think so, I've never seen that before and loot stash has a big spawn area.

You can't use loot stash to block Klaus anymore but it is possible to use Stagehand.

1 hour ago, xEUx said:

3. Also can you place a sign or a statue to stop klaus sack from spawning in those places?

Yes, make sure the sign is right on top of the Klaus sack spawner. If it still doesn't work, make sure your mods are not intefering in any way.

1 hour ago, xEUx said:

1. How many klaus spawners are there in a world?

It can be a wide range but I believe there can be something up to 20+ potential spawn points in a world.

5 hours ago, Hornete said:

Yes, make sure the sign is right on top of the Klaus sack spawner. If it still doesn't work, make sure your mods are not intefering in any way.

I only have a geometric mod and I've done this in the world I used to have before. It worked there and loot stash didn't generate on them. But now the sign and statue both don't work. After 10 random locations, it spawns on one of those 10 places. So I'm wondering if loot stash spawners are now 10. I have winter's feast and Klaus on fast to respawn after 5 days. And the loot stash breaks the sign and just forms on the same exact spot as the statue.

I've also remembered that klei changed the loot stash to stop the cheesing of Klaus. Would that have perhaps changed things? I was wondering if anyone using the same method has come across this change as me. 

21 minutes ago, xEUx said:

I've also remembered that klei changed the loot stash to stop the cheesing of Klaus.

I actually remember something about it too. I can't be sure, but I think I saw a guide that advised using Winona's catapults specifically. Try them? But if it doesn't work with other buildings as well, then I guess we can confidently say that it's been patched.

7 minutes ago, Lokena said:

I actually remember something about it too. I can't be sure, but I think I saw a guide that advised using Winona's catapults specifically. Try them? But if it doesn't work with other buildings as well, then I guess we can confidently say that it's been patched.

Oh I see, thank you! I will try that but im fearing it has been patched unintentionally due to the change. No more Klaus in a specific place I want. Rip lol

33 minutes ago, xEUx said:

I only have a geometric mod and I've done this in the world I used to have before. It worked there and loot stash didn't generate on them. But now the sign and statue both don't work. After 10 random locations, it spawns on one of those 10 places. So I'm wondering if loot stash spawners are now 10. I have winter's feast and Klaus on fast to respawn after 5 days. And the loot stash breaks the sign and just forms on the same exact spot as the statue.

I've also remembered that klei changed the loot stash to stop the cheesing of Klaus. Would that have perhaps changed things? I was wondering if anyone using the same method has come across this change as me. 

Then you've covered all the spawners already, and the game will choose one as a last ditch effort. Lucky you getting a small number of spawners generated in your world! Free up one of those spawners and the stash will always appear there.

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

Then you've covered all the spawners already, and the game will choose one as a last ditch effort. Lucky you getting a small number of spawners generated in your world! Free up one of those spawners and the stash will always appear there.

Oh you're saying I only have ten spawners? That would make sense as to why it's respawning in the same places only. That is neat! Thank you!

1,There is one in the world at the same time.

The number of hidden spawners is uncertain, generally more than ten or twenty.

The number of hidden bag's points depends on the geographical size.

2,Moon eye

3,Use wooden board

The bag is generated around the 3rd day of winter, and it is preferred to be outside the loading range.

1 hour ago, kuroite said:

If you dont mind using a little console command, you can use c_announce(c_countprefabs"deerspawningground") to be sure of the number of klaus spawner.

oh thank you! I didn't know about this!!

On 1/9/2023 at 4:31 AM, Hornete said:

Then you've covered all the spawners already, and the game will choose one as a last ditch effort.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember blocking all the spawners used to prevent the loot stash from spawning.

On 1/9/2023 at 4:14 AM, Lokena said:

a guide that advised using Winona's catapults

I'm pretty sure this suggestion is specifically for dealing with meteors because the catapults generate health over time. However, I have never tested this out myself so I don't know if it works.

17 minutes ago, mr. brj said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember blocking all the spawners used to prevent the loot stash from spawning.

If it used to work like that, then it was probably a very very long time ago(Talking upon first release of Klaus kind of long ago). I've known it to be the current implementation for years now.

1. depends on world size, if you have a second birch or not, In the only world I did block all spawners I had around 25, with 2 birch forests. 

2&3. you can force spawn it by blocking all but 1 spawner, I don't think statues work but I know all structures do, so sign/campfire works fine. I was using winona catapults for the mosaic spawners because meteors kept destroying the structures, but this was before meteors could be turned off. 

If you block all spawners it will spawn random at one of them and destroy the blocking structure

Archived