What’s your wishlist for your character?

I want Wortox to be able to use souls as telltale hearts.

You know, just shove the soul you just grabbed from your dead friend back inside.

Quirks:
1. Doesn't work on WX, cause he got no soul
2. Needs two Souls for reviving Webber, casue he has two (and drops two).

On 11/29/2022 at 10:37 PM, Cheggf said:

I'm fine with playing like 5 characters, so why aren't you guys fine with playing 17? He is literally the only character with no downsides and literally the only character with just about no upsides. All 17 others have huge upsides and at least some form of downside. Why not ask for a character with boring upsides to have more fun upsides like Winona or Willow? Why not ask for an entirely new character to be added with whatever they'd give Wilson? Why do you need to take away the only option for everyone who doesn't want to play power fantasy simulator?

I didn't mean any offense. 

I'm fine with playing other characters, I just felt it might be nice for Wilson to have a perk since he's been the face of the franchise from the beginning. You know, reward the guy for having it rough lol, and reward his players for sticking with him. But I can certainly see where you're coming from! Upsides and downsides do change the game. I also just feel like if you're playing as a group it makes sense to choose characters besides Wilson, since other characters can work together using their unique skills, when Wilson doesn't really have any besides, well, not having any. 

He used to be the only one who could make meat effigies, and that was a fun little thing just for him IMO. I'm glad everyone can now, of course, because I'm sure it was frustrating if you couldn't make one of the life-saving features. I just was hoping for a little lore-related perk is all, but if he doesn't get anything thats fine with me too!

Winona seriously needs some more building like idk a sprinkler or something.
Woody's forms should be stronger when the moon storm is active. like maybe more health or better damage or something unique, weremoose ramming an above average tree should count it as enough to respawn vines.

2 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

Fiery pen should be given to Willow. How Wikerbottom got that instead of her is beyond me.

Why? I saw this take a lot during Wicker's rework, but it would have just been another punch in the face to Willow if she got what was essentially just a cheaper(which is arguable) fire staff that did nothing special.

Is it the pen itself or is it fire-related items/mechanics in general you want? I want the latter! Unique stuff! Not a gimmicky fire staff that brings nothing new to the table.

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

Why? I saw this take a lot during Wicker's rework, but it would have just been another punch in the face to Willow if she got what was essentially just a cheaper(which is arguable) fire staff that did nothing special.

Is it the pen itself or is it fire-related items/mechanics in general you want? I want the latter! Unique stuff! Not a gimmicky fire staff that brings nothing new to the table.

i think it's more the sentiment that somehow wicker got fire related mechanics and willow still hasn't got any since her rework.

Just now, Dextops said:

i think it's more the sentiment that somehow wicker got fire related mechanics and willow still hasn't got any since her rework.

That's fair, I find it weird people specifically mention the pen itself when talking about Willow to Wicker rather then fire-related mechanics in general. I guess I'm scared of devs taking the wrong idea and fumbling Willow up again haha.

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

Both, a way to control fire. I should have specified the pyrotkinetics book as well, definitely more than the pen itself, I assumed that meant both when I mentioned the pen. I am definitely in agreement that Willow is an easy character to ruin. Simply adding fire staff abilities won't be enough if fire itself is useless. Just giving fuel (pun intended) to the griefers.

Willow's lack of fire abilities is somewhat forgivable due to how difficult fire is to balance. What more bothers me is the way other characters are just deprioritized this way. What can be done with Willow now that wouldn't infringe on what Wikerbottom can do? Now we have less design space for Willow in any possible future rework. Same thing with Wanda. Because of her, Maxwell ended up getting"what's left" of the shadow abilities that Wanda didn't grab first. Maxwell could have had purple gem related teleportation, or the whip and similar abilities, but now he can't.

Its extra bad when the less popular characters get less of a voice because they're less popular. Of course a buff or major bug is much more likely to be fixed if it involved Wendy rather than than someone like Walter because they're popular. And that disproportion makes them even more popular. I wonder if Willow was more popular then maybe she would have gotten the attention she deserved by now.

3 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

I wonder if Willow was more popular then maybe she would have gotten the attention she deserved by now.

I think it's just because she was one of the early reworks and in those times standards were much lower for characters. The standards are now much higher for reworks(which is a good thing I think). I do truly think Willow will get her time to shine, they've made it a pattern for characters to get "secondary re-reworks" alongside other characters or updates (Wurt, Wortox, etc.). I hope they do Woodie next because right now he is genuinely near unplayable when 1. Wicker gets the lunar grimoire or 2. The moonstorm stage of the game is reached. I think there's good hope we'll get those mini reworks for Willow and Winona and whoever else some time too, :).

9 minutes ago, Hornete said:

genuinely near unplayable when 1. Wicker gets the lunar grimoire

Bro where are you finding these full moon happy Wickers? The last five Wickers i've played with either flat out refused to craft the Grimoire despite my pleading or leaves after 20 minutes with it! I always get excited since it makes finding Moon Quay easier but these Wicker trolls are too damn hard to find :(

4 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Bro where are you finding these full moon happy Wickers? The last five Wickers i've played with either flat out refused to craft the Grimoire despite my pleading or leaves after 20 minutes with it! I always get excited since it makes finding Moon Quay easier but these Wicker trolls are too damn hard to find :(

Damn, lucky!

7 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Damn, lucky!

I wanna morb :mad-new:

But to add something to the discussion, more interaction with the wereforms. Currently there is simply not enough incentive to interact with the game as Woodie if you're seeking to use your main gimmick as much as possible. Beefalo, Ruins, Moonstorms, any and all gear... you miss out on so much unless you are okay with your forms getting more and more obsolete over time. It's sad because I want to get good at Ruins and the CC questline, but I don't have any real drive to do so because of the character I play. So, I guess i'm asking, more exceptions be made to what wereforms aren't allowed to do and stronger/more numerous interactions with other mechanics and items, like how the Piggyback currently uniquely benefits the wereforms and encourages you to use it over the regular backpack.

On 11/29/2022 at 7:20 AM, Cheggf said:

Wanda gets 2 or 3 Mactusk camps spawning in random places if triple tusk didn't spawn. Everyone benefits from this, but she does a bit more.

alternatively, if used by Wanda, hostile flares spawn a MacTusk hunting party, even if the existing one has already been killed.

Woodie:

• Benefits from non-armor chest-slot items
  • Some sort of change to the process of going through wereform transformation. 
    • Leave us a little hunger to work with after transformations. Woodie dies immediately if he changes back if his health is too low, and there is no way to prevent it alone.
    • Shorter Idol chewing time or increased protection while doing so.
  • A way to manage Full Moon and Moon-Fall events. A lot of things happen during the full moon, and Woodie misses out on them.
  • Buff for keeping Lucy with you or penalty for packing her away and forgetting all about her. They're a package deal after all.
  • Collection method for Werebeaver. One of the ways that Maxwell outclasses Woodie/Werebeaver in collecting wood is the fact Werebeaver leaves all loot behind, requiring you to backtrack. This might be solved by allowing the use of Lazy Explorer in the chest slot.
  • Some sort of Weremoose combat improvement. Healing options, Movement solutions, Attack strength, etc. 

Archived