the thulecite club could be cheaper

the thulecite club for me has always been more or less useless aside the speedbuff you get before winter.

the weapon itself is not bad but i think its to expensive to be worth crafting taking into account that you can only do so on the ruins.

therefore i think its not unreasonable to ask for the club to cost 1 living log instead 3 just to make it a bit more accesible.

I am asking this because maxwell (even after the cage nerf) benefits a lot from the club asince he can make enemys stay in one place and take all the dmg from the tentacles while also buffing the dueslits. But as it is right now the club is more a luxury than a reliable tool.

Edit: also t will be cool if the number of tentacles spawned from the club was also increased, because right now you have a weapon with the same dps as darksword but 5 times more expensive with the only real perk being more durability

16 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Can't have a perfect weapon. All weapons must be best at something but not at everything. 

the thing is that this weapon is not the best at anything and making it cheaper could at least make it the best against stationary enemys.

3 minutes ago, Malfario said:

the thing is that this weapon is not the best at anything and making it cheaper could at least make it the best against stationary enemys.

It really doesn't matter how cheap you make it, as long as it requires living logs, thulecite, and a trip to the ruins, there's really no reason to craft it when you could instead craft a dark sword.

4 hours ago, LDee said:

It really doesn't matter how cheap you make it, as long as it requires living logs, thulecite, and a trip to the ruins, there's really no reason to craft it when you could instead craft a dark sword.

If it costed 1 living log I’d probably make a few to carry upstairs, compensating it’s lack of damage (the tentacle is not very accurate, and the AI of it is terrible) and poor availability for its long duration.

Costing 3 Living logs I just craft one per playthrough if I didn’t get a cane or a lazy from AG, as a placeholder until I get one.

The shadow tentacles spawned from thule weapons should share the same mechanic with tentacles from Ancient Guardian! Which makes the club an excellent competitive choice for stationary enemies.

For those who don't know, shadow tentacles from AG attacks you forever until they deaggro on you. While shadow tentacles from weapons slap only 2 times.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

I use them all the time. It has good damage and durability. You can always use green Amulets to make it cheaper, you're at the station to make them anyways.

I mean, it’s a perfectly valid strategy, but one could also say that their favorite weapons are gold axes, as they deal a decent damage, are very cheap and have 400 uses, essentially allowing you to deal even more damage than a dark sword over time. But in the actual gameplay, time lost is usually less efficiency.
Crafting thul clubs with green gems basically ends up costing 2 logs, thulecite and green gems for an item that lasts only twice as much as a dark sword but deals less damage against most enemies. So it would be twice the cost + rare materials for about the same or less profit essentially.

I think it would help if the cost was reduced at least to 2 living logs instead of 3, therefore allowing us to craft them at 1 living log with green gems, while still allowing to use them to duplicate logs in the early game.

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I mean, it’s a perfectly valid strategy, but one could also say that their favorite weapons are gold axes, as they deal a decent damage, are very cheap and have 400 uses, essentially allowing you to deal even more damage than a dark sword over time. But in the actual gameplay, time lost is usually less efficiency.
Crafting thul clubs with green gems basically ends up costing 2 logs, thulecite and green gems for an item that lasts only twice as much as a dark sword but deals less damage against most enemies. So it would be twice the cost + rare materials for about the same or less profit essentially.

I think it would help if the cost was reduced at least to 2 living logs instead of 3, therefore allowing us to craft them at 1 living log with green gems, while still allowing to use them to duplicate logs in the early game.

Yeah 2 log cost would be cool. It has double the durability of a dark sword so it makes sense.

Nightmare Fuel is more abundant than thulecite that can be used for more useful things than a Thulecite Club though. And the thulecite club still costs almost the same amount of NF as a Dark Sword. imo i would prefer for it to have more dmg but the same durability as the Dark Sword or something. idk I just feel like I can craft 2 dark swords if i want more durability for a much cheaper price...

reply to other comments, didn't use quote for some reason

8 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

Nightmare Fuel is more abundant than thulecite that can be used for more useful things than a Thulecite Club though. And the thulecite club still costs almost the same amount of NF as a Dark Sword. imo i would prefer for it to have more dmg but the same durability as the Dark Sword or something. idk I just feel like I can craft 2 dark swords if i want more durability for a much cheaper price...

reply to other comments, didn't use quote for some reason

Why would you want it to be a dark sword reskin? It having more durability but less damage against mobile enemies (but killing most things in the same amount of hits) is good. Increasing its damage and lowering its durability would kill the weapon.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Why would you want it to be a dark sword reskin? It having more durability but less damage against mobile enemies (but killing most things in the same amount of hits) is good. Increasing its damage and lowering its durability would kill the weapon.

I mean, the Thulecite Club should be the next tier weapon after Dark Sword, right? So it should have some kind of upside. The speed boost is miniscule as experienced players usually kite by changing their weapon to walking cane to dodge. Right now I can craft 2 dark swords and have the same amount of durability and more damage for a cheaper price. As said before, the tentacles are pretty wonky and don't do a lot so the dps is actually lower.

20 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

I mean, the Thulecite Club should be the next tier weapon after Dark Sword, right? So it should have some kind of upside. The speed boost is miniscule as experienced players usually kite by changing their weapon to walking cane to dodge. Right now I can craft 2 dark swords and have the same amount of durability and more damage for a cheaper price. As said before, the tentacles are pretty wonky and don't do a lot so the dps is actually lower.

It has 100% more durability than a dark sword, does on average 7.5% more damage, doesn't drain your sanity, and gives you a movespeed buff. I don't know what you mean by "the tentacles are wonky". The only enemies that they would have trouble hitting that I can think of off the top of my head are killed in the same amount of hits as a dark sword even without the tentacles.

I think a better way to buff it is not to simply make it cheaper or stronger so that it's slightly better in most situations but instead I'd prefer if it was made really good for 1 specific role to differentiate it more from the dark sword, maybe the tentacles could apply a debuff that makes enemies take more damage as long as you keep attacking them to make the club vastly superior for tanking compared to the dark sword but only a sidegrade in other situations where the dark sword might be better due to its cheaper cost and much more reliable damage

22 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It has 100% more durability than a dark sword, does on average 7.5% more damage, doesn't drain your sanity, and gives you a movespeed buff. I don't know what you mean by "the tentacles are wonky". The only enemies that they would have trouble hitting that I can think of off the top of my head are killed in the same amount of hits as a dark sword even without the tentacles.

Imo it's still more worth to just craft two dark swords than to waste thulecite on this, durability will be the same for lower cost. 7,5% more damage is only 5 more, so 200 hits is 1000 more damage, during a bossfight this kind of damage after dealing whole 200 hits is negligible in my opinion.  idk about the wonkiness of tentacles i heard about it from someone

17 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

Imo it's still more worth to just craft two dark swords than to waste thulecite on this, durability will be the same for lower cost. 7,5% more damage is only 5 more, so 200 hits is 1000 more damage, during a bossfight this kind of damage after dealing whole 200 hits is negligible in my opinion.  idk about the wonkiness of tentacles i heard about it from someone

A 7.5% bonus is over half the 14% bonus the sanity draining dark sword has over the ham bat or thulecite club without tentacles. If you think that's negligible you should probably just be using a ham bat instead since it doesn't drain sanity and is much cheaper.

36 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

A 7.5% bonus is over half the 14% bonus the sanity draining dark sword has over the ham bat or thulecite club without tentacles. If you think that's negligible you should probably just be using a ham bat instead since it doesn't drain sanity and is much cheaper.

The sanity drain isn't a problem in my opinion.

Archived