Shadow duelists are not taking aggro from the enemies that THEY hit

They don't take aggro because their first attack is that dash attack that makes them disappear for an instant, when mobs can't find the duelist, they'll go to attack their master, Maxwell. When duelists do normal attacks, they take and keep aggro until they do the dash attack again.

1 hour ago, DeadWhereX said:

They don't take aggro because their first attack is that dash attack that makes them disappear for an instant, when mobs can't find the duelist, they'll go to attack their master, Maxwell. When duelists do normal attacks, they take and keep aggro until they do the dash attack again.

That literally makes them worse in my opinion

When they fade out, be it from their attack or being hurt, the game tells the mob to change its aggro to Maxwell.
It's intentional, and while frustrating at first, I've come to love it. It actively helps me keep mobs I want to attack nearby as long as I'm paying attention.
You can get in some serious damage if you keep using it to your advantage. Bit of a weird learning curve, but it works!

6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Honestly I'd like if they never took aggro and the enemies would only hit them if they can't reach Maxwell. It'd make them a lot more useful in certain fights and prevent them from messing things up.

I liked how they took aggro and now that they're very expendable I'd like for them to take the damage

Archived