The amount of lost domestication needs nerf

The amount of lost domestication point needs to be nerfed.. Like scaling the amount : the less the damage, the less the lost domestication point?

A single mistake can bring devastating consequences.. Every time I hit the beefalo I nervously press rollback button.

I think no player, both the owner, or other players, should be able to hit fully domesticated beefalos. There is absolutely no reason to purposely hit a fully domesticated one after all the effort it took, plus it could be another benefit of completing the domestication.

About partially domesticated ones, it should stay as it is. There are a few reasons for this:

- People sometimes use the partially tamed beefalo temporally to move suspicious pieces, statues or celestial pieces, but they do not want to keep the beefalo afterwards
- The beefalo bell is a good way to separate a single beefalo from the herd, or create new herds. 
- If a player neglected a fully or partially tamed beefalo and it went feral, the other players should be able to remove it/eat it.
- A player could get a beefalo, start domestication then bring it ornery next to other players who (if they can’t target it) would be unable to defend themselves.

I do agree that the domestication loss per hit is excessive and causes unintentional harm to other players. However, I believe that saddled beefalo shouldn't put owners and especially their friends in a position where they should have to attack them.

I believe the main cause of others hitting saddled beefalo occurs from riders/their friends hitting the beefalo after being attacked while the beefalo is in heat. This is since I don't expect random players to have the malice to intentionally hit/kill a saddled beefalo. I don't think players and especially their friends/randoms should be even put in a situation where they need to defend themselves from a seemingly safe beefalo.

I offer that if a beefalo is bonded with a beefalo bell, it shouldn't be able to attack others while in heat, but it should be able to attack other mobs, require a beefalo hat to ride, and have the diminished riding time. This would help prevent unintentional griefing towards beefalo being domesticated but would still punish the player for taming the beefalo during the time where it would be most dangerous.

Making all kinds of bonded to bell beefalos require force attack + left click (i.e. the same actions as for attacking chester, glommer or other allies), as well as making bell-bonded beefalo loose domestication only if bell-holder hits it (and being unaffected when other players hit it) would be sufficient enough. In that case if one wants to just move suspicious marble or separate beefalo from herd, force attack + click for first hit and/or unbonding is perfectly working option (unbonded beefalo would still be easy to attack as it is now).

yeah it should just be removed entirely. you only attack your beefalo if its on accident, or if youre trying to kill it. If you hit it on accident, the obedience loss just adds insult to injury. and if you are trying to kill the beefalo, the loss of domestication is useless cuz the beefalo is going to be dead anyways. the loss of obedience punishment is just a huge setback for an honest mistake, or someone trying to grief the tamer. either way its no good

Lift clicking while holding a Walking Cane is why in hundreds of hours of gameplay I have yet to fully domesticate a Beefalo. It's more fun to switch to Walter and also get in a cheesy Krampus fight than it is to try to tame a Beef with heat, their insane appetite (god forbid you get a world with no Saplings), and that #%&$ domestication loss from a negligible Walking Cane hit. I like the *concept* of taming a Beefalo. But it's less effort to solo raid bosses as Wes.

Archived