[Game Update] - 256

DST_Little_Drama_IM_EN.gif

Don't Starve Together Patch 2.56 - 10/20/2022 (PlayStation)

Today we have released "A Little Drama" along with a QOL update and Hallowed nights on Steam, PlayStation and Xbox. Nintendo Switch will get this in a later update and more information can be found here. And more info on Hallowed Nights can be found here

This is a big update, so stay with me here. There's a lot to cover. 

• Hallowed Nights is now active.
  • A Little Drama Changes:
    • The Survivors can use the Stage to show off a little bit for whoever is watching
      • The Survivors can don special costumes to help them tell other stories as well.
      • Costumes can be found in the Briars set piece.
    •     Added the Mannequins to hold (and show off!) their equipment.
  • Playstyle, Game Mode, and Preset changes:
    • Added Relaxed preset:
      • Survivors will be damaged but not killed by starving, freezing, overheating, or from the darkness.
      • Survivors will take 35% less damage from all sources.
      •  Hound waves and Shadow Creatures from low sanity are set to Less.
      • Ghosts can revive at the Florid Postern and the world will not reset when everyone is dead.
      • Wildfires are disabled.
    • Game Modes, Presets, and Intention changes:
    • Added a server Playstyle indicator which is determined by the world settings.
      • Users will pick a Playstyle when creating a new server, which will apply the appropriate preset world settings.
      •  The Playstyle indicator will be displayed in the server browser where the server intention was previously displayed.
      •   Changing the world settings will update the Playstyle indicator to the best matching playstyle.
    • The settings controlled by the Wilderness and Endless game modes can now be set in world settings.
    • Wilderness and Endless Game modes have been converted to presets. Existing worlds will be retrofitted.
    • The preset "No Giants Here" has been removed. Existing worlds will not be affected by this.
    • Server intention has been removed (Social/Cooperative/Competitive/Madness).
  • New world settings:
    • Temperature Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
    • Hunger Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
    • Darkness Damage: Default / Nonlethal (will damage but not kill survivors)
    • Max Health Penalty: Enabled / Disabled
    • Spawn Mode: If survivors should spawn at the Florid Postern or at a random location.
    • Survivor Death: If you will turn into a ghost or be brought back to the survivor select menu.
    • Ghost Sanity Drain: Controls if there will be a sanity drain on all players when anyone is a ghost.
    • Death Reset Timer: Controls how long you have before the world regenerates when all survivors are dead.
    • Basic Resources: If basic resources, such as saplings and berry bushes, should respawn over time.
  • Quality of Life Changes:
    • Recipe Cards can now be found throughout the world.
      • Reading a card will say the recipe for a Crock Pot dish.
      • Recipe Cards can be found in Tumbleweeds, Graves, Sunken Chests, and some boons.
    • Food and Crock Pot Changes:
      • Added 2 Egg Crock Pot recipes.
      • Added a Tallbird Egg Crock Pot recipe.
      • Added 2 Beefalo feed Crock Pot recipes.
      • Adjusted the Stuffed Fish Heads and Veggie Burger cooking priority to prevent multiple results.
      • Banana Shake can no longer be made with meat, fish, or monster meat.
      • Frozen Banana Daiquiri can no longer be made with meat or fish and adjusted the priority to remove the random chance of getting a Banana Shake.
      • Ice Cream is now classified as Goodies.
      • Beefalo can now eat Roasted Birchnut.
      • Changed the time for Tallbirds to lay a new egg to be more inline with other food sources.
    • The Fire Pit and Campfire will now drop a charcoal when the fire goes out, if it was fueled to the max stage.
    • Added information, while a ghost, to help new players learn how to revive.
    • Added the Turf-Raiser Helm, a new helmet that you can get from the Antlion.
    • Community feedback tweaks and changes:
      • Added a loading protection which will protect survivors while the game is loading from things like transferring to the caves.
      • The Cartographer's Desk can now erase Blueprints, Tackle Adverts, Sketch, Costume Patterns, and Recipe Cards, turning it into one Papyrus.
      • Updated the Scarecrow skins selection UI.
      • Added cooking, fishing, and farming themed boons to the world generation.
      • Ancient Stonework turf blueprint can now be found via the Distilled Knowledge.
      • Digging up the turf in the ruins will now give the turf object.
      • Ruins Turf and Imitation Ruins Turf Blueprints can now be crafted at the Ancient Pseudoscience Station.
      • Tallbirds without a nest will now make a new nest, but only on rocky or dirt turf.
      • Added the Snazzy Pitchfork (golden pitchfork)
      • Increased the number of uses for the Tent and Siesta Lean-to to better reflect their crafting cost.
      • The Camper's Tent now restores health at the same rate as the Tent.
      • The Straw Roll will now restore some health while sleeping.
      • The Furry Roll will now affect your body temperature while sleeping.
      • Trail Mix can now be made with raw Birchnuts.
      • The Tin Fishin' Bin now holds up to 20 fish.
      • The Tin Fishin' Bin can now be built on dock tiles.
      •  The Bookcase can now be used to open skins gifts.
      • The Insulated Pack and Seed Pack-It are no longer burnable.
      • Added a confirmation popup for the Reset Now button when all players are dead.
      • Steeped Lunar Essence can now mutate Wobster Mounds and birds.
      • The Distortion Setting has been changed to control the intensity.
      • The Lazy Forager can now be repaired with nightmare fuel.
      • Changed the materials required for building all stages of the Hermit Home. It no longer requires seasonal items.
      • Skittersquids now always drop a Light Bulb.
      • Masts placed on land and the Mannequin can now be rotated with the Fencing Sword.
      • When Warly inspects food, he will now comment if it is something he ate recently.
  • Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed a save/load bug where the Campfire's fire would load at the center of the world.
    • Fixed a bug where Gobblers and The Crabby Hermit would think the Banana Bush is a Berry Bush.
    • Fixed Walter's Guest of Honour hair and hat.
    • Fixed an image artifacting bug with UI images.
    • Fixed an idle animation bug.
    • Fixed invisible baby beefalo hooves.
    • Fixed some old set pieces from generating old Farm Plots; they now generate Drying Racks instead.
    • Fixed a Tallbird Nest save/load bug.
    • Fixed a rare save file corruption when spawning Bearger.
    • Fixed hatching Tallbird Eggs not using all heating and cooling sources.
    • Fixed planted Carrots and Catcoon Dens not regrowing after being burnt.
    • Fixed being unable to see default skins with the weaveable filter on.

New Skins!

lunar.png

Moonbound Survivors Chest ($11.99usd).
This Moonbound Chest contains skins for: Walter, Wanda, Maxwell, Webber, Wendy, Wickerbottom, Wilson, Wormwood, and WX-78.

hnduo.png

Fantasmical Chest, Part II ($5.99usd).
This Fantasmical Chest contains the following skin items: Slimy Wormhole, Fairy Ring, Enchanted Pillar, Mystical Cavern, Sleepy Headstones, and Philosopher's Stone.

Gothic Belongings Chest, Part II ($5.99usd).
This Gothic Belongings Chest contains the following skin items: Nightshade Wormhole, Imposing Corridor, Dark Pillar, Brooding Den, Gothic Gravestones, and Reanimation Stone.

Or get them both in the Constant Reimaginings Chest ($9.99usd).
This Constant Reimaginings Chest contains the Fantasmical Chest, Part II, and the Gothic Belongings Chest, Part II.

Annual Skin SALE!
And for those of you that don't know, the majority of our skins are available at a discount of up to 50% off until November 1st. So if you have had your eye on anything in particular, now's the time to scoop it up!

Login Rewards

hnduo2.png

For a limited time, get a Trick or Treat Chest and Pantomimed Snazzy Pitchfork just for logging into the game!

New Twitch Drops!

pantrio.png

We're offering a new set of streaming drops over on Twitch.tv. Check out this post for details.

Whew!

Ok, that's it for now. We're well on our way to our next update. I'll tell you one thing, the short that's gonna drop with that one is looking to be something magnificent. Have fun out there!  

Drama_Promo.png

Finally, be sure to check out our Rhymes with Play Dev Stream today at 3:30 PM (Pacific Time)

Check out the original forum post for more details!

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't find the Florid Postern in my old wilderness world, will it never appear due to some structure obstructing it? It's a 7k days world, I have changed and built entire biomes at this point. I have no idea where the Postern could spawn... Would it be possible to retrofit or make it spawn somewhere else?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kur0u said:

hey kur0u, does your game crash at all? are u using a ps4 or 5? my game can't stop crashing since a couple updates ago..... i tried to join the world and crashed twice before loading it, i rolled a day back , worked til i tried to go trhu a wormhole and crashed again... i re joined avoided wormholes and i suddely got a blue screen when i was just walking around my base....4 crashes in like 10 min gameplay. :(

1 hour ago, Pebrot said:

hey kur0u, does your game crash at all? are u using a ps4 or 5? my game can't stop crashing since a couple updates ago..... i tried to join the world and crashed twice before loading it, i rolled a day back , worked til i tried to go trhu a wormhole and crashed again... i re joined avoided wormholes and i suddely got a blue screen when i was just walking around my base....4 crashes in like 10 min gameplay. :(

I got the exact same thing, the monkey island update corrupted my 8k day world. From what you are describing it's identical or very similar to what happened to my world, at first I was able to play but just until the new day, with each new day it would crash and I would log back in a day before. I noticed that it was generating the monkey island in a different place each time I load in, so this was most likely what was causing the crash. Then I tried rolling back more than 1 day and started getting blue screens every time I try to load it. 

this update I got my stage half hovering above water and you can't place docks beneath it if the end tables/book are hovering over the tile, so it looks really off. But it's a few hundred day world not bothering me that much this time I guess. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

So you can't play the 8k world anymore? i also started a new world ( wich i had no plan to do so, but the game was unplayable) and i still got a lot of problems with it, not crashing but things not growing properly and stuff like that... are you using a ps4? 

in my 4k world i crash quite often when:

- new day starts

-enter/ exit ruins

-goingh thru wormholes

- loading the game

-reverting from monkey curse

-changing character at the portal

i'ts quite frustrating

Edited by Pebrot
typos

1 hour ago, Pebrot said:

So you can't play the 8k world anymore? i also started a new world ( wich i had no plan to do so, but the game was unplayable) and i still got a lot of problems with it, not crashing but things not growing properly and stuff like that... are you using a ps4? 

in my 4k world i crash quite often when:

- new day starts

-enter/ exit ruins

-goingh thru wormholes

- loading the game

-reverting from monkey curse

-changing character at the portal

i'ts quite frustrating

ps4, yes. To be honest I was expecting the day would come when my 5 year old world would stop working because of the constant updates, but it's still deflating of course. 

I haven't experienced this many crashes in fresh worlds like you are describing (in my worlds, pubs on the other hand haven't been smooth for a while)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

ps4, yes.

i had this idea growing in my head that maybe they are creating new content orientated to the  64 bits version  of the game, since it was the previous update to the moon quay, but i dont have a clue on how game developing works so its just some speculation that grow in my mind, I hope im wrong. Anyways im not sure if ps4 has the 64 bit version cause when i asked they said "modern" consoles already had that, but modern its a bit ambiguous.

I also read that they split teams to have one specifically work on console updates, so maybe this team is putting all they workforce to update the switch version and now we are all at the same version they can work on bug fixes specific for consoles... idk 

it would be nice to hear something from a dev, they'd been radio silent about it since august

Edited by Pebrot
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pebrot said:

Old ps4, I'm not having any crashes, to be fair I haven't been playing it extensively, with each update seeing they only care about the pc version I'm slowly growing out of dst. I come around here and there to check the new stuff. I played when Moonquay was added, didn't have any crash. I just retrofitted my world to include this new patch, but after having the Stage spawn halfway in the sea I'd rather just wait for another update, seems pretty broken right now as always. Sorry to hear about your game, as you said, their silence really doesn't help a tiny bit about these problems.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kur0u said:Would it be possible to retrofit or make it spawn somewhere else?

Pleaseee. If the original postern placement would be blocked by a structure, why can’t it spawn elsewhere like the stage and briar does instead of not spawning at all?

You are welcome Janh, but did u even read them?? are we gonna get a real answer? cause the hotfix u posted has nothing to do with the issues pointed here... i would like to know if i will be ever able to play my old world again or even if at the state that the game is at now is going to be possible to run a long term world in my ps4

Edited by Pebrot

• Developer
On 10/20/2022 at 6:36 PM, Kur0u said:

Can't find the Florid Postern in my old wilderness world, will it never appear due to some structure obstructing it? It's a 7k days world, I have changed and built entire biomes at this point. I have no idea where the Postern could spawn... Would it be possible to retrofit or make it spawn somewhere else?

I talked to some of the other team members and they don't think that the Florid Postern is being retrofitted into old Wilderness worlds. Where did you hear/read about this?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CharlesB said:

I talked to some of the other team members and they don't think that the Florid Postern is being retrofitted into old Wilderness worlds. Where did you hear/read about this?

Did some testing myself, by enabling postern spawning and disabling turning into a ghost through the settings, when my character dies I can choose a new character and the random spawn point from wilderness is lost, now it would spawn me at a set location 100% of the time, thus telling me where the florid postern location would be if my wilderness world had one. I thought the structures around it were preventing it from spawning, but there was nothing I could do. Before this update I couldn't have known the right location and preemptively clear out the area. At least now I know it won't spawn so thanks I guess. Also I recall someone mentioning the florid postern is a set piece that could spawn in wilderness, not a game dev though, might have been wrong.

11 hours ago, CharlesB said:

@Pebrot@BeeClops Can you share your save files?

I tried but unfortunately I cannot, from what I understand it's tied to an active PSN subscription and I've been using a different one the past few months. I will be able to send the save file once I renew my psn on the account that owns DST. Maybe @Pebrot can provide his and would solve the issue for both of us :D  thank you 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

I tried but unfortunately I cannot, from what I understand it's tied to an active PSN subscription and I've been using a different one the past few months. I will be able to send the save file once I renew my psn on the account that owns DST. Maybe @Pebrot can provide his and would solve the issue for both of us :D  thank you 

do you know where to find the save file?

Edited by Pebrot

8 minutes ago, Pebrot said:

do you know where to find the save file?

I thought it's in the options->upload/download saved data->download , where it tells me the feature is exclusive for ps+ members.

But maybe this just overwrites you current saved data with an old one, I'm not sure since I can't use it. 

also there is (settings -> app saved data management -> saved data in system storage) , maybe try there too, again it's restricted for me. 

Edited by BeeClops
  • Thanks 1

SAVE.binSAVE

5 hours ago, BeeClops said:

But maybe this just overwrites you current saved data with an old one, I'm not sure since I can't use it. 

yeah that's correct

5 hours ago, BeeClops said:

also there is (settings -> app saved data management -> saved data in system storage) , maybe try there too, again it's restricted for me. 

here it only says some data such as  where the file is stored (system storage it's all it says)

my bad , i was looking at the wrong tab.

ok i attached some file saves i think

Edited by Pebrot
  • Like 1

• Developer

@Pebrot @BeeClops

Sorry I didn't give details. The short version is you need to copy your savedata to a USB drive, then zip up the PS4 directory and post that either here or send it to me in a DM.

The detailed instructions can be found here:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/70105-dont-starve-together-console-edition-faq-ps4/#how-can-i-send-my-save-file

@Pebrot you had it mostly right, but I need it from a higher level, not just those 2 files. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Developer
On 10/25/2022 at 10:42 PM, Pebrot said:

the higher levels are nothing but foldersPS4.zip. here it is, i followed the steps from the link you've posted.

Sorry, quick update. I was able to import your savegame and I'm investigating the crash. Hopefully I'll have some good news for you soonish

• Thanks 2
  • Health 1

hello @CharlesB, something has been done with the last update right?? i made a quick test and my game seems not to crash anymore when going thru wormholes, i also tried going to the caves, changing character at the portal, and waiting for a new day and none of that crashed my game, only took  a bit longer than usual, but at least it seems playable again. how bout you @BeeClops? again it was a quick test i don't have time now to try it consistenly but im quite sure it would have been crashed  doing that before this update