Merm Guards

Today I came to talk about these guys here:

R.beb8fa4c32cee25c7da55239b9851c5d?rik=a:

It was on a map when I decided to solo the Queen Bee again with the Merm Guards, you can usually kill her with 20 houses. However, a common problem in characters that use minions is precisely the excess of minions that can cause problems for the server.
I tried to think of something that would alleviate this and I know that maybe this opinion is not popular, but maybe the best solution to this problem would be to increase the stats of the merm Guards, but what do you mean?

Stats of the merm Guards (Living Merm King):
Life: 660 -> 1320
Damage: 50 -> 100
Cost to build the house:
Tentacle skin: 1 -> 2
Spears: 2 -> 4
Wooden Boards: 5 -> 10

This idea, as you can see, is to increase the stats of the Merm Guards, proportionally increasing the cost of manufacturing the houses, so we will keep the difficulty of building an army with the same strength and we will be able to make a smaller number of minions which helps not to compromise the server.

Some additional considerations:
Unfortunately this idea is not something that can be applied to normal Merms and Spiders, for the simple reason that they spawn naturally on the map and this would heavily affect the gameplay of non-Wurt players.
An extra point I want to make is that the stats and the cost don't have to follow this ratio of 2 to 1, but it's important that they follow a ratio, to keep the balance of the game.

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

or you can use less and help them(?)

Dude, so I don't care that you don't like me and always come to threads where I'm about to comment, but please try to stick to comments that are really helpful or productive.

6 minutes ago, Trevindo said:

Dude, so I don't care that you don't like me and always come to threads where I'm about to comment, but please try to stick to comments that are really helpful or productive.

He has a point just use less minions and actually fight alongside them.

Also your "solution" doesn't solve problem with minions causing performance issues on the server since Webbers still exist being able to easily have excessive ridiculous amounts of spiders following them at a time.

10 minutes ago, Trevindo said:

? who are you

i was being helpful, you can easily beat her without that many guards if you fight her with them. If you can't hold many entities try to dont use 38485829 mobs. Is a forum and i have the right of saying that i dont like such buff on merm guards because someone wants to make an auto farm in servers that cant hold them aswell as you have the right to ask for the change

9 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

He has a point just use less minions and actually fight alongside them.

Also your "solution" doesn't solve problem with minions causing performance issues on the server since Webbers still exist being able to have excessive ridiculous amounts of spiders following them at a time.

My idea was not to propose a solution for characters that use minions in general, but to propose a way to reduce the excess of Merm Guards on servers with Wurt (I think I made it clear in the comment)
And I fight with the merm and this is kind of obvious, but the minimum number of merm I can use and that I calculated for an optimized fight was 16 merm guards, but if this idea passes, you could use 8 squares keeping the amount of items needed, that is, it doesn't have a negative or positive impact on the gameplay, in addition to the decrease in units (which helps in boat fights too).
His comment isn't productive because he didn't point out a flaw in the idea or an alternative to it and that's kind of recurring for him.

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

? who are you

i was being helpful, you can easily beat her without that many guards if you fight her with them. If you can't hold many entities try to dont use 38485829 mobs. Is a forum and i have the right of saying that i dont like such buff on merm guards because someone wants to make an auto farm in servers that cant hold them aswell as you have the right to ask for the change

Buff? hahahaha
I think you just don't want to understand, you have the right to come here to talk nonsense whenever you want and I have the right to say that your comment is not productive and useless. Saw everyone is having the right to express their opinions.

2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Which is completely pointless cause Merm Guards are not the problem.

Completely useless? Dude I've already tested it on 5 servers to kill the queen bee has an impact (not just for me), so that's not the issue. And merm guards are the main line of units for Wurt so in combat they are what they are usually chosen for.

2 hours ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Just put helmet on its head. +80% hp. You can also try to feed them by spiced food, but it's too much 

This idea is interesting, but the football helmet increases the power of the merm Guards by a little over 25% (I take into account the damage potential for the amount of life) it is enough to reduce the proportion a little but the effort is not It's worth it because 75% of 20 is still 15, that is, I would still have to make helmets for 15 merms.

1 hour ago, prettynuggets said:

play wickerbottom instead, if want auto farm.
i dont like playing with horde of follower u barely did fight cus got swept by massive entities try to hit one thing 
:wilsontea:

I understand, usually these types of choices are something very personal, but my suggestion doesn't change the balance of the game and decreases the amount of mobs is something that not only helps to reduce screen pollution but also helps fellow servers that have a wurt in the team.

3 minutes ago, Trevindo said:

but my suggestion doesn't change the balance of the game

It what? A follower mob having 100 dmg per hit is not unbalanced? Do you realize that is boss damage, and there are multiple mobs that would be insta killed from one hit, making just two guards capable of killing hordes of spiders while you can just afk? We already have Abigail for that, but you can have only one of her per character, unlike merm guards.

1320 is more than a beefalo. Ornery beefalo with war saddle does 68 dmg iirc, your one merm guard is stronger and more durable than a whole cow.

Increasing the cost of the house, which can spawn more of them if they die does not solve the problem. This is not imbalanced, this is straight up defying gravity.

8 minutes ago, BezKa said:

It what? A follower mob having 100 dmg per hit is not unbalanced? Do you realize that is boss damage, and there are multiple mobs that would be insta killed from one hit, making just two guards capable of killing hordes of spiders while you can just afk? We already have Abigail for that, but you can have only one of her per character, unlike merm guards.

1320 is more than a beefalo. Ornery beefalo with war saddle does 68 dmg iirc, your one merm guard is stronger and more durable than a whole cow.

Increasing the cost of the house, which can spawn more of them if they die does not solve the problem. This is not imbalanced, this is straight up defying gravity.

Theoretically, 1320 health and 100 damage are the equivalent of two merm, that is, with the new house price, even if this suggestion is not accepted, you will still have two units that together have 1320 health and 100 damage. What you can claim about this is that it has an effect as we face bosses with area damage, but overall this tends to compare against bosses with single damage, so I think you have a good point, but like me I said these proportions can be worked on in order to achieve something more harmonic and to reduce the number of units while maintaining the difficulty.

38 minutes ago, Trevindo said:

Dude I've already tested it on 5 servers to kill the queen bee has an impact (not just for me)

How is that different from using army of Bunnymen and ridiculous amount of Webbers Spiders against her?

Like i said Merm Guards are not the problem you are trying to find solution to a problem you made up and refuse to listen to reason.

Your nonsensical idea to buff merm guards and make the huts harder to craft is not the "solution" to the minions performance problem like at all.

My understanding of followers causing the most amount of lag is that: they cause significantly more lag when they're clustered together and grinding against each other, in that vein Wurt doesn't have as much of an issue as Webber, and Wurt's cost of followers is steeper than Webber's. Merm guards aren't really an issue in contributing to server lag as much as tons of other factors

If you're playing with other people feel free to ask them for help in the fight, worked out for me in my recent Webber playthrough and I didn't even have to use an insane cluster of spiders with just two other players helping me.

Edit: After re-reading it I don't really understand why you'd want to solo it if your playing with others.
If you're playing alone then somewhere around 20 Guard Merms doesn't sound like too much if you helped out in the fight like others said, especially given that they're unaffected by her screech attack and all.

Archived