Make Salt Licks repairable

Hello everyone,

When using salt licks, they become more increasingly annoying to keep placing in my beefalo pen. It is not only annoying to place salt licks when my beefalo is always sitting in the pen, requiring me to move them out of the pen every time I have to place them, but it also prohibits me from placing any decorations in my pen for I always need to make room for the salt licks. If salt licks could be repaired with nitre/boards it would make this so much less tedious.

I've always wanted this, it gets really annoying to have to rebuild them every time they wear out.

Maybe we could have something along the lines of repairing them somewhat with Nitre and more so with Salt from the ocean. :wilson_lightbulb:
We could also keep the rebuilding aspect a thing but only if we don't maintain them (the salt runs out completely), in saying that I don't see that happening if you "park" your Beefalo regularly with multiple salt licks nearby.

5 hours ago, Well-met said:

Only if the repair is done with real salt, not nitre or boards

Why? It's made from wood and nitre.

If the way to repair is more annoying than hammering and rebuilding people will just keep hammering it and rebuilding with wood and nitre.

4 hours ago, Wonz said:

Why? It's made from wood and nitre.

If the way to repair is more annoying than hammering and rebuilding people will just keep hammering it and rebuilding with wood and nitre.

Harvesting salt wont be as annoying if it has a decent use.

everyone dislikes it because theres little to do with salt beyond saltboxes

On 10/11/2022 at 11:00 PM, Well-met said:

Harvesting salt wont be as annoying if it has a decent use.

everyone dislikes it because theres little to do with salt beyond saltboxes

I'm totally with you. Salt needs another use and I think sea-salt-licks would be just perfect. 

If it was repairable - great! If it is just another salt lick with longer durability - also good. But some interaction between salt and the salt lick would fit perfect. Would be great for players, great for beefalos and there would be also no balance problem because a lot of players don't have salt, so the normal salt lick would still have a use. 

Archived