General feedback for the Little Drama Beta

The Mockingbirds Masks outline looks a little too thin.

Recipe Cards are a great idea overall, but I think whenever applicable it should just state "Vegetable" instead of a specific Veggie and always the minimum if something specific is required instead of more (Like recommending 2 Dragon Fruit for a Dragonpie when it needs 1). 

Mannequins should disable spoilage for items for collectors. Could be more expensive if it's a bit too strong with the current recipe.

Maybe all the natural statues could be overtaken by vines overtime but you could shave them so they stay clean and get a couple Petals in return.

The new turfs and turf quality of life are all great. Tho with how many of them require Marble, maybe a buff to Marble Beans/Shrubs?

The new world settings are also really good, it was annoying that you couldn't switch game modes after creating a world and this is a real nice alternative. 
Would be cool if the "Easy Mode" settings also had a setting to make things more difficult.

As this update already helps base builders, Please update the placement rules when placing Large objects after Small Objects.
It feels strange that I HAVE to build the Fridge last after all the Crockpots and not being allowed to do it in any order or just expand my kitchen naturally overtime.

And once again, Please add a setting to de/increase the amount of Chess/Marble set pieces and for Warzones to not count as a Marble set piece.
Individual options for which version of Berries, Grass and Twigs should spawn and a setting for disabling Bats spawning from Cave Entrances would be helpful too.

8 hours ago, WolfoIsBestWolf said:

Recipe Cards are a great idea overall, but I think whenever applicable it should just state "Vegetable" instead of a specific Veggie and always the minimum if something specific is required instead of more (Like recommending 2 Dragon Fruit for a Dragonpie when it needs 1).

I like it the way it is. It encourages players to search for cheaper recipes. I imagine the situation something like this: "This dish is extremely good, but it's very expensive. Is there a cheaper recipe?" "Okay, the name of this dish is dragon pie, so I think dragon fruits are necessary. But, can I do it with just one?" The answer is yes "Can I use berries as filler?" the answer is yes "Can I use ice as filler?" The answer is yes "Maybe I can use twigs?" The answer is yes. And like that one could discover the cheapest recipe for every dish without checking the wiki or searching "best dishes in dst" on YT.

15 hours ago, WolfoIsBestWolf said:

The new turfs and turf quality of life are all great. Tho with how many of them require Marble, maybe a buff to Marble Beans/Shrubs?

Yes please. Marble shrubs gave more marble when they were just added to the game. No idea why they were nerfed shortly after and are still nerfed to this day.

8 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

Yes please. Marble shrubs gave more marble when they were just added to the game. No idea why they were nerfed shortly after and are still nerfed to this day.

Yea, honestly the 2nd stage should always drop 2 marble and 3rd should always drop 3 with a chance of dropping a seed, just like other trees.

2 minutes ago, goatt said:

Does the Mannequins game change game play at all?

you can create "sets" of items in certain places to quick equip them like watering can and gardener hat near farms, rows and bandanas near your dock, weapons and armors near your boss arenas/spawners, etc

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you can create "sets" of items in certain places to quick equip them like watering can and gardener hat near farms, rows and bandanas near your dock, weapons and armors near your boss arenas/spawners, etc

I’m just hoping the suggestion to rotate the mannequins AND a significantly more terrifying skin gets added for it.. I want something that’s well uhh.. Halloween Appropriate so maybe a bizarre face, stretched/stitched mouth- I’m thinking something along the lines of:

Spoiler

95B70052-1580-4728-981E-B894763AE422.thumb.jpeg.dd40383e26a72ea16fed2d744e126849.jpeg39DB84FB-685F-429E-B55B-F5F911B48DA3.thumb.jpeg.9f8c61841f1296c6519245dfeb351ccd.jpeg

While MOST people will use these as places to store armor/clothing/tools.. in convenient locations.. I just want to build huge elaborate and appropriately spooky Halloween displays with them.

Please before this beta ends allow us to rotate these things..

21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m just hoping the suggestion to rotate the mannequins AND a significantly more terrifying skin gets added for it.. I want something that’s well uhh.. Halloween Appropriate so maybe a bizarre face, stretched/stitched mouth- I’m thinking something along the lines of:

Reveal hidden contents

95B70052-1580-4728-981E-B894763AE422.thumb.jpeg.dd40383e26a72ea16fed2d744e126849.jpeg39DB84FB-685F-429E-B55B-F5F911B48DA3.thumb.jpeg.9f8c61841f1296c6519245dfeb351ccd.jpeg

While MOST people will use these as places to store armor/clothing/tools.. in convenient locations.. I just want to build huge elaborate and appropriately spooky Halloween displays with them.

Please before this beta ends allow us to rotate these things..

While I don't know much about how to celebrate Halloween, it would be nice if you could put carved pumpkins on the head of the mannequin, I think that could make them more in tune with the festivities and the ambiance.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Thanks. So I guess it does change gameplay by a little bit.

Archived