Knoob tree seed

You can do 2x2. 2x2 is a perfect space for knobbly tree.

build a grass boat outside, and row into the 2x2 dent. The dent will tightly clamp the boat, which means the geo place mod allows you to build a new pincher exactly in the middle.

after construction, destroy the pincher, reuse its material to prototype a new pincher. And row the boat out to let it sink. You can recycle most material from grass boat which makes it more desirable to recycle them rather than keep them alive. Why does it matter? I’ll tell you later.

this 2x2 space is perfect because it would make it impossible for passengers to reach it with an axe or a torch in public server, making it a perfect security upside. But there is a downside to it. That is you cannot fertilize the nut without using another grass boat. But it’s ok, because I mentioned grass boats are cheap to recycle. But you have to use the pincher and you can't drop the nut by sinking the grass boat, people will be able to reach the tree and potentially destroy it if it's not positioned exactly in the middle using a pincher. The 2x2 dent shouldn’t be closed up until the fertilization process is complete.

Another useful fact if you are interested: for trees to cover entire area, they needs to be planted 7 tiles apart in one direction while 8 tiles apart in another direction.

For example, the space among the 4 trees are 7x8 in this demo, which completely cover the area and prevent smoldering. 8x8 will leave out a tiny area in the middle that can catch wild fire.

I built a base similar to this in public server, 8 trees, plus bunch of mob farms trapped in small dock islands, some a bunch of other things other people in the server built on the area I created. It took a long time to gather all the scales and shroom skins, but it was an awesome base.

1430094972_Screenshot(267).thumb.jpg.ba4b20eb448d3adddd1b2126e7661117.jpg

20 hours ago, goatt said:

You can do 2x2. 2x2 is a perfect space for knobbly tree.

as far as i know, fitting a knobbly tree in a 2x2 ocean area is only possible if the area outside of that 2x2 could fit a boat previously (but can't anymore because of dock placement)

if you manage to put a knobbly tree nut in a 2x2 area surrounded by standard ground it will teleport back to land. i imagine this is a griefing precaution because there is no way to retrieve sunken objects in this situation

9 hours ago, Fenrir_Jow said:

In the ocean it works, but I have a 2x2 hole in the middle of the map, and in that place I still can't put a grass boat :(

Not sure if this will work but have you tried placing docks on the hole and putting seed in the middle? Afterwards, try to destroy the docks. 

3 minutes ago, FourthLess said:

Not sure if this will work but have you tried placing docks on the hole and putting seed in the middle? Afterwards, try to destroy the docks. 

Sadly this doesn't work, the seed teleports out. But a lot of people would love for this to work. I hope in the future Klei will change that. 

Archived