Looking for ideas on what to do with extra Data Banks

I downloaded a beautiful mod that trains dupes on Science whilst making Data Banks on the Orbital Data Collection station, my idea was to then melt the disks... but I then realized they turn into genetic ooze.

I still want to train science, so I will end up with tons upon tons of unused Data Banks... any cool/exploity things I can do with them? I've googled, but to no avail. Ideally, a mod like Endless Science (no longer updated) would be great! But that's no longer a possibility

I'm open to any suggestions, mods, tweaks, exploits, bugs, as I mostly play just for fun after I complete X or Y challenge with no exploits or tricks. Example, I already maxed Athletics and Machinery in all my dupes, plus finished all research (not that's something hard to do... but you get the point), so now, after the "hard" or "legit" part, I add a mod, and have fun with the extra stuff, whilest still advancing with the game.

Long story short, ideas for the millions of data banks I'll end up with?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, _Kutai_ said:

I still want to train science

Farm sleet wheat (non mutant) in high radiation level and let dupe research the seed. Science training is possible with mutation plant now.

So have fun training all stats as every stats can be trained now, legit mean with no mod.

22 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Farm sleet wheat (non mutant) in high radiation level and let dupe research the seed. Science training is possible with mutation plant now.

So have fun training all stats as every stats can be trained now, legit mean with no mod.

Yeah! I was aware of that, but I haven't got into mutations yet. I will try it soon. Is there a specific reason for SW, or just bc you need it for Berry Sludge?

5 hours ago, _Kutai_ said:

Is there a specific reason for SW, or just bc you need it for Berry Sludge?

When Sleet Wheat mutates it drops 18 seeds as opposed to 1 (or 12 with nosh beans). It just means you have more seeds to analyze, and therefore more science exp to earn, even though it is harder to get them to mutate.

In old versions, storing data banks, lumber and pokeshell molts in containers reset their temperature to 20C. If this bug is sill in the game, you an use it for massive cooling: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/109965-lumber-cooling/

On 9/16/2022 at 7:58 PM, Tranoze said:

Isn't that rather limited? Or does every seed have to be researched individually even if you have seen the variant before?

14 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

Strange they aren't just made out of plastic? Would let you melt them and turn them to naphtha or potentially into natural gas to be burned off. Otherwise they are just a resource that's unusable.

That has been made to avoid melting them as soon as they come out from geyser studying. Most geysers output is higher than plastic melting point. 

3 hours ago, asurendra said:

That has been made to avoid melting them as soon as they come out from geyser studying. Most geysers output is higher than plastic melting point. 

Not just geysers. In the base game, they just drop out when the rocket lands. If they were made of plastic, they would have been melted because of the exhaust gases.

Archived