Mobile port for DST

I think a mobile port, if done well, could be really nice. I think for a game like dst where you have to spend alot of time to progress, it would be really nice if i could just pull my phone out, play for half an hour and than put it away. As a someone who has a busy schedule and isnt always around my pc, this would be amazing. 

Im not trying to put pressure on klei, and i should probably get a switch if i wanted to take my game around with me, but im just saying, i would really appriciate it if they consider it. 

They already have done it once for singleplayer, and if they tweak the controls a little, it would be really good for dst. 

19 minutes ago, jp2k43 said:

Don't starve Newhome won't be basically that?

Newhome wishes lmao.

It will most certainly not be a mobile DST, it will be a shoddy, korean microtransaction mess of a bad fan game, and any video footage/screenshots released will tell you. Of course, this is all assuming the game ever releases as its been in development hell and a perpetual closed beta state for about 2 years now

They haven’t even released Hamlet yet on Mobile and that’s single player, I highly doubt your going to see DST released on Mobile before Hamlet.

That said- Fortnite over on Xbox has a Cloud Gaming App that lets you play the full console version of the game (carrying over all the skins and characters you have purchased) through the Xbox Cloud gaming App- it Even has Touch Screen Controls if you wish to play without a Controller.

Several games are playable through this App- Gears of War 5, Spelunky 2..

Some of them admit-ably do not really work that well with Touch Controls.. but they are Playable if you can get use to it enough.

The one game I do not see on this Cloud Gaming App is Dont Starve Together & that makes me sad because between Dont Starve PE, and DS Shipwrecked PE- Klei already has experience with offering a way to play the game with Touch Screen Controls.

Now all that’s left is to make it compatible with the Xbox Cloud Gaming app (note: You do not even need to own an Xbox console to play..) 

And since I won’t have to rebuy all the skins and characters I’ve already unlocked on Console Edition (Apex Legends Mobile does this & it made me Delete the App..) I would prefer it if Klei just went the Cloud Streaming App Route for DST.

Meanwhile- since I don’t own a bunch of skins and playable characters for Hamlet- They can Release DS Hamlet Mobile PE.

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if playing with controler already sucks i cant imagine how would be playing dst covering your screen with your fingers and feeling how your battery and cpu's cores are burning your hands

IRL Thermal Stone 

11 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if playing with controler already sucks i cant imagine how would be playing dst covering your screen with your fingers and feeling how your battery and cpu's cores are burning your hands

The whole reason why i made this post was becuase i started playing apex lengend mobile and gosh darn i had so much fun, the profomance was good, the graphics were nice and the controls were even better. I kid you not i had a blast and if a game like that could have a good mobile port so can dst. 

5 hours ago, bagherthegamer said:

The whole reason why i made this post was becuase i started playing apex lengend mobile and gosh darn i had so much fun, the profomance was good, the graphics were nice and the controls were even better. I kid you not i had a blast and if a game like that could have a good mobile port so can dst. 

Apex Mobile is actually kinda “bad” to be honest, and if you’ve been playing the console version since Season 1 it is ridiculous to see skins you already own on console being 60+ $$ Top Up offers on mobile. Unlike Fortnite- which carry’s over the full version of the game between Console/Mobile.

I would be really really mad, & also really really heartbroken if I had to re-purchase skins & characters I already own in DST.

On 8/2/2022 at 2:42 PM, TipherethB said:

Very tiny detail, but isn't it a chinese game? 

Oops, i meant singapore not korean. 

Copyright info on the newhome official webpage lists Proxima Beta first, which is a developer/and maybe a publisher out of Singapore then Shengqu games based out of China but with offices located in other areas including Singapore. So who knows? 

All that matters is that klei isnt pushing out this turd

Archived