[Game Update] - 517449

• Developer

Changes

• Sprung traps will no longer be picked up with their contents and automatically reset.
  • Polly Rogers and Lazy Foragers will now share the same logic for what to pick up.
    • They will now check traps that have items in them.
    • They will no longer try to pick up Bundling Wraps or their papers.
    • They will no longer try to pick up any item that has a container.
      • Celestial Crowns, Tackle Boxes, etc.
    • They will try to not pick up the same item their owner is trying to pick up.
  • Polly Rogers will ignore hostile creatures if they are also invisible.

Bug Fixes

• Polly Rogers will no longer get stuck trying to give the hat wearer an item when their inventory becomes full and will now drop it on the ground.
  • Polly Rogers will no longer get stuck in a fear state when running away from hostile creatures.
  • Fixed an issue with Mushroom Planters and Horticultural books resulting in infinite harvests.
  • Fixed an issue with Pyrokinetics Explained creating fireproof objects.

Notes for Modders

• TUNING.POLLY_ROGERS_RANGE has been added which is similar to TUNING.ORANGEAMULET_RANGE in functionality.

View full update

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • Potato Cup 1

Just now, Horsheen said:

JESSE PLEASE GO TO BED WE'RE WORRIED

There exist no such things as time to this man.

For he transcends time, space AND sleep schedules set by the laws of physics... or society for that matter.

Sleep is merely a triviality for him.

Spoiler

Seriously though, go take a rest please. We appreciate you working on this so dedicatedly but yeesh.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:
  • Sprung traps will no longer be picked up with their contents and automatically reset.

Oh this is gonna rule vs. Spider Queens.

Edited by Torpzun
Idk when I posted this the first time it read as if i were insane irl

3 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

i dont get it :( so we cant loot traps now?

Prehat becomes impossible lol

It should mean that when you pick up a trap with something in it, the trap does not get picked up. You get whatever was in it, but the trap stays and sets itself back up. Which, yeah, it's easy to just do that yourself but it's gonna be handy vs. Spider Queens cuz that time you save can be spent actually killing the boss instead of replanting the trap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

i dont get it :( so we cant loot traps now?

When you check a trap with something in it, it will pick up the contents, and reset the trap. You can pick up the trap again by picking it up when its empty

Edited by patdogr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Whats the reason for excluding bundling wrap in picking up logic?

Bundled goods are most commonly used to store sorted items in them like a chest or other container. To accidentally go by and have things pick them all up removes the sorted work of the player and is detrimental. For the papers not being picked up it was done purely for the megabaser aesthetics use.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

Forgive me, but I am incredibly confused.. going by the 2022 Roadmap there is still 2 more character reworks (not counting Wickerbottom) 2 More QoL updates, & 2 More Setting the Stage content updates planned. So then.. why are you guys doing all these updates that would pretty much be QoL instead of Wickerbottoms rework?

Don’t get me wrong I love the things that are being added/changed like the fencing tool, and the hostile flare, But wouldn’t all of this stuff been part of one of those other two planned QoL updates on the Roadmap?

Unless your planning to release Wickerbottom rework + QoL for August.

• Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

• Developer
21 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

why are you guys doing all these updates that would pretty much be QoL instead of Wickerbottoms rework?

My actions for this hotfix were primarily done to fix up some bugs before the release but then I noticed some issues with Polly's AI and it left me wanting to clean up duplicate code for easier management in the future. The quality of life sprinkled in were a few lines here and there for additional checks done and were right in middle of what I was working on so it felt natural to do it while there.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Forgive me, but I am incredibly confused.. going by the 2022 Roadmap there is still 2 more character reworks (not counting Wickerbottom) 2 More QoL updates, & 2 More Setting the Stage content updates planned. So then.. why are you guys doing all these updates that would pretty much be QoL instead of Wickerbottoms rework?

Don’t get me wrong I love the things that are being added/changed like the fencing tool, and the hostile flare, But wouldn’t all of this stuff been part of one of those other two planned QoL updates on the Roadmap?

Unless your planning to release Wickerbottom rework + QoL for August.

I think klei is making these corrections and additions so that when the next update arrives (I believe it is a QoL) they will have more time to develop it without having to worry about smaller things, since the QoL will have more impact on the game .

• Like 1

Since we are at the topic of QOL fixes , and with bees being included in some way . 

is it feasible to make the BEE QUEEN CROWN  don’t  trigger the bees inside the bee box upon harvesting ?

or making them neutral when using the crown  during spring.?

• Like 17
  • Big Ups 1

51 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I ask you to add the ability to raise live frogs instead of paws, it can be used in many places, and it will also give a greater correspondence to the fact that we catch live rabbits and spiders

Now that I think about it, are frogs the only remaining trappable creature that die on trap harvest? I can't think of any others.

Honestly though, these changes are small but awesome! Spider den clearing just got a lot safer, spider queens are easier to manage, and Polly is that much more fun to work with!

Edited by AugyBear
  • Like 2

No refuelling the Lazy Forager with nightmare fuel? I am disappointed. Being able to do so wouldn't make the Polly Roger's hat useless btw, it would just make the hat an addition to collecting items off the ground faster. That and for a longer reach of items unreachable to you or the forager.

Edited by ZombieDupe
  • Like 1

What you seem to be casual will always prove its value in the future.

All efforts will be rewarded.

For example: monkeytails and wickerbottom

----------------------

I hope you can see our dedication to game landscaping

• Potato Cup 1