Larger radius and more uses for Pyrokinetics Explained. And make it extinguish Lavaes, why not.

From my testing the radius seems to be +- 3 tiles around wickerbottom i think this could stand to be increased some. In emergency situations where the book would shine most u really want to instantly extinguish as much as u can to avoid re-smoldering and having to read it again. 

Which brings me to my second problem. Three uses is way too little for this book. Its a tier two book so u definitely do not want to use it up entirely which leaves us with only 2 uses.

And unlike Horticulture Expanded where the 2 max uses are somewhat mitigated by the nature of the book (farms are near base -> near bookcase) which means they can be leisurely recharged, 

Pyrokinetics is used in emergencies which means if the first two reads arent enough ur in trouble unless u went through the hassle of carrying two of these niche books on you. 

I think the radius should be increased by another tile or two and the number of uses increased to 5. 

And for the hell of it: make it extinguish the fire inside dragonfly’s lavaes, turning them to stone. 

8 hours ago, Ohan said:

And for the hell of it: make it extinguish the fire inside dragonfly’s lavaes, turning them to stone. 

Y'know, I'd definitely be down for this. It sounds pretty niche, but it be cool to fight the boss without going through the hassle of building walls. Also yes, increase the effective range and uses of the book! Three tiles is a little underwhelming, especially for 3 uses... I guess it's there to make farming fiery pens less easy, but it's not worth the hassle when you can just make the fire staff.

8 hours ago, GrapeVruit said:

Three tiles is a little underwhelming, especially for 3 uses... I guess it's there to make farming fiery pens less easy, but it's not worth the hassle when you can just make the fire staff.

Exactly, red gems are hardly in short supply if u clear the ruins or after the first summer from hounds. 

The extinguishing part should be made less underwhelming thats the main selling point of the book in my view, the pen is just a little bonus. 

18 hours ago, Ohan said:

I think the radius should be increased by another tile or two and the number of uses increased to 5. 

THIS.

I'm pretty sure no Wickerbottom is going to walk around with this book in their inventory. Perhaps the only use, in fact, will be in a situation like: fire hounds/wildfire start burning your base, and since your bookcase will be on the base, then you will use it (the pen is a cool concept and all, but in practice it's certainly near useless (due to the destructive nature of fire in this game, with far more harm than good) and a fire staff is cheaper, both in materials and sanity, if you need to use fire from a distance). So expanding the situations where this book can be used would be interesting (in a boss fight, for example).
In addition to extinguish the lavaes and turning them to stone (like a flingo/ice staff), it would be nice if the book's range were increased to 30 (the same range as Sleepytime Stories).
And I dare say: it would be interesting, too, if this book could extinguish the fire of the enraged Dragonfly, turning it back to its normal form (I know Sleepytime Stories/panflute/other methods already do that. But why not add another one?).

I can agree with this, it does seem like it could use a range boost, pyrokinetics does feel like it's in a weird area within Wickers arsenal of books, I don't see any harm giving wicker a way to wipe out fires in an area, it's already sort of niche. 

3 uses is okay? it does put out fires and give you an item based on how many you put out. Giving it more range could make up for the uses.

I genuinely think the most interesting part of this book is the Pen, because it's the only book that has this feature, And I kind of wish the pen was an actual item that wicker could empower with specific books to give the pen a unique effect, like with pyrokinetics. That's something I would've liked to see 

wow look at that we can agree on something.

Archived