Bookcase requiring 4 living logs makes all related books more expensive to unlock. Previous book recipe nerfs are ridiculous now.

Just now, Mysterious box said:

But my question then is that then is why don't we just make them not removable I don't see why they are?
Why not just make the first 2 not removable?

If I'm not mistaken, that would make the archives not able to unactivate anymore, which makes the lunar grotto irreversibly dangerous as terrorbeaks and gestalts are at war in the grotto when the archives is active.
Raises more questions than what it solves.

7 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Why not just make the first 2 not removable?

Because

Spoiler

It wouldnt really matter since in public servers people dont go for archives anyways

That being said

Spoiler

The only solution that comes to my mind is replace the irigem with distilled knoledge, since that way wickerbottoms will want to activate the archive instead of reducing the progress for doing so

However

Spoiler

Most people said that the iri gem is bad, and i dont nor will play wicker so they have the last word

On 7/28/2022 at 3:00 PM, oregu said:

If I'm not mistaken, that would make the archives not able to unactivate anymore, which makes the lunar grotto irreversibly dangerous as terrorbeaks and gestalts are at war in the grotto when the archives is active.
Raises more questions than what it solves.

activating the grotto is already permanent

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

While I do agree the bookcase case cost is currently too high and I'm iffy on the rain book's new cost I don't think it's fair that people keep assuming everyone who disliked the previous state of Wickerbottom is either uninformed on how to play the game, hates Wickerbottom, or has never played Wickerbottom

People who keep saying the books are too good and Wickerbottom has no downsides never seem to know that reading books drains sanity. One of the people who was in every thread worried about griefers and trying to nerf the books later in a different thread admitted that he doesn't play multiplayer and asked questions like "Can other Wickerbottoms read your books?". Many people kept arguing ridiculous things like losing a ton of sanity every night and being tethered to the base because the book has 2 uses is way too op for those 30 second autumn nights. You can tell they are just overreacting based on patch notes without actually understanding the character, with the grimoire the thought began and end at full moon gives light and with the rain book the thought began and ended at rain is what happens in spring. They don't consider the costs of reading the books and just what you get for doing so. They don't weigh the pros and cons of the books. They just see that she can pretend to be wx but at a large cost and they ignore that large cost and ignore that wx can already do it. 

No one is saying everyone they disagree with is uninformed, but a lot of them certainly are. 

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

No one is saying everyone they disagree with is uninformed, but a lot of them certainly are

We've clearly been on different forums then.

3 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

People who keep saying the books are too good and Wickerbottom has no downsides never seem to know that reading books drains sanity.

A cost for using a item and a downside are different things she clearly has a downside in spoilage and sleeping tho

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

One of the people who was in every thread worried about griefers and trying to nerf the books later in a different thread admitted that he doesn't play multiplayer and asked questions like

Fine but are we saying every jab was targeted at one person? That we as community are going out of our way to jab at one person who answered honestly?

45 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

One of the people who was in every thread worried about griefers and trying to nerf the books later in a different thread admitted that he doesn't play multiplayer and asked questions like "Can other Wickerbottoms read your books?"

I admitted that I got too carried away in the discussion and I shouldn't have brought up griefing. And I admit that the question was poorly phrased. I know you can read other Wicker's books. I meant it in a way "Would other Wickerbottom be OK if you read her books?". Likewise, I didn't say I never play on public servers, I said "rarely". And I know how multiplayer works. I play with friends on private servers. 

However, my main points concerning this rework were about game design, skill gate, character progression, effort and reward. And I still stand by them. 

My thought on it is just that it's sad that while this rework started out with Wickerbottom being absolutely PERFECT for the ocean's early game due to the book case on your boat going everywhere with you, apicultural notes absolutely destroying ocean mobs, surf n turf being so readily available, the moon book letting you do most anything you want on the lunar island the second you get there, reeds on the moon quay and lunar island, etc... but now instead it seems like her early game is supposed to always include either rushing down to the lunar grotto, or not using her books much at all, both of which just feel so so so lame compared to how she was at the start of the rework.

4 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

for the ocean's early game due to the book case on your boat going everywhere with you, apicultural notes absolutely destroying ocean mobs, surf n turf being so readily available, the moon book letting you do most anything you want on the lunar island the second you get there, reeds on the moon quay and lunar island, etc...

This doesn't sound overtuned for the early game at all? Also most of that you can still do bees are still very good combat helpers.

Archived