Rain rituals needs to be kneecapped

People complained about Lunar Grimoire, but this is arguably worse. You have complete control to switch rain on and off and that is more powerful than having a full moon every night.

Rain rituals is a book that can invalidate 2 seasons, Summer and Spring, rain, over heating and the sandstorm are no longer a problem. There is also a bit of overlap with Tempering temperatures, why set your wetness to 0 when you can just turn off rain entirely? That seems a little absurd.

turning off rain for barely any cost is insanely good, and so is being to turn it on as there are benefits for both I did not go into.

I would like to suggest tuning the durability down to 3 uses from 5. The bookcase can infinitely refresh it's durability, But you will have to use each one less often.

and changing the recipe to 2papyrus, 1 blue gem, and  2 water balloons. Or  2 papyrus, 2 blue gems

Blue gems make enough sense, and would make it an equivalent opposite to the End is nigh! Where that brings destruction, Rain Rituals brings life through regrowth.

1 minute ago, WhackE said:

Rain rituals is a book that can invalidate 2 seasons

Thermal stone is an item that can invalidate 2 seasons, overheating and freezing is no longer an issue, should we kneecap it too?

2 minutes ago, WhackE said:

why set your wetness to 0 when you can just turn off rain entirely

because rain is not the only source of wetness

3 minutes ago, WhackE said:

opposite to the End is nigh! Where that brings destruction

if you ever played wickerbottom youd know that End is nigh! bring anything BUT destruction

Thermal stones also need more upkeep and do not invalidate 2 seasons.

Rain is the main source of wetness in this game, and aside from failing at rowing and water balloons in pvp, there are nearly 0 other than rain sources that make you wet, and if I am forgetting something that should tell you how wrong you are.

1 minute ago, WhackE said:

Thermal stones also need more upkeep and do not invalidate 2 seasons.

Rain is the main source of wetness in this game, and aside from failing at rowing and water balloons in pvp, there are nearly 0 other than rain sources that make you wet, and if I am forgetting something that should tell you how wrong you are.

yeah you are forgetting about other wetness sources
rain coat can invalidate a whole season
meatballs can invalidate main issue which is hunger for barely any cost
lantern can invalidate another prevalent issue which is darkness

should i keep going

rain book is no different than any other item in solving issues the game throws at you

7 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

if you ever played wickerbottom youd know that End is nigh! bring anything BUT destruction

are you actually going to argue with me about a book called "The end is Nigh!" not being related to destruction :distrust:

Just now, WhackE said:

are you actually going to argue with me about a book called "The end is Nigh!" not being related to destruction :distrust:

no because thats not the point that was brought up, the point was that is brings destruction, not that it is related to destruction

Just now, Parusoid said:

its not my responsibility to teach you, keep the topic on topic cuz the topic starts looking like our DMs

"You're wrong."

"I'm not going to tell you why though, because I don't have a proper argument."

The rain book does a lot for very little, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about and are trying to disvalue what I am saying with technicalities. 

Add to my thread or leave. Or else Joe W. Will start popping into your DMs.

7 minutes ago, WhackE said:

ive already added here things that shows book is fine as it is by following your logic and showing how other cheap items invalidate major issues for low cost

what else do you want me to add

31 minutes ago, WhackE said:

Tell me them then.

from what i can remember, there's ice melting in your inventory(uncertain about this) and stuff like fashion melon and Ice cube. 

but those are more of a choice to get wet. 

except it's not cheaper, the current cost is made from very common resources, wood, grass, pig skin, silk, Etc... Blue gems can only be easily obtained early on from graves, and that's if you have good rng.

The resources the book currently costs are extremely easy to farm and collect large amounts of and they're items you are going to go after anyways, I'm not saying blue gems aren't farmable, but they are harder to obtain early on. 2 blue gems is not cheaper.

you almost have to go out of your way to get the gems

I feel like it's best to leave the rain book as is personally I feel like the devs should have made it a end game drop time gated past the first year rather than a character perk as it does feel weird that a character perk invalidates seasons for a server feels like we shouldn't have to earn easy access to world changing effects and kinda kills the survival of this survival game but I get dst is going for a more accessible casual approach.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

what if you want rain?

As I've already said there are benefits to having rain on, the issue is that she has easy control of both for little cost. I'm just mentioning the overlap with another book there, which is abundant with this rework.

Just now, WhackE said:

As I've already said their are benefits to having rain on, the issue is that she has easy control of both for little cost. I'm just mentioning the overlap with another book there, which is abundant with this rework.

and again, what if you want rain? how that overlaps with a book that removes wetness, heat and cold?

sure. in spring, if you wont use the rain for fighting or farming, you can use the book to stop the rain but there is a lot of scenarios where you will want to have rain but a dry character 

It overlaps because If I didn't want to be wet I'd just use clothing to prevent wetness or turn off rain.

There a very few sources in this game that make you wet, the main way of becoming wet is rain. So to answer your question If I want rain I would use and Eyebrella or umbrella/helm combo, because I'm not making a book just to set my wetness to 0 when I have a better more abusable option.

2 hours ago, WhackE said:

"You're wrong."

"I'm not going to tell you why though, because I don't have a proper argument."

Falling into the Ocean and Crashing into waves also give players wetness, considering many of the recent non-refresh updates take place on the water, I'm surprised people can forget about something as big as the Ocean! And even then, it could be that people want rain while not being wet, like to far crops or use a morning star.

Considering how Klei's balancing of the lunar book seems to go from one extreme to another, I feel like it's best to let the other books be and have fun items that most players can use.

1 minute ago, Bellium said:

Falling into the Ocean and Crashing into waves also give players wetness,

Extremely avoidable scenarios where you would have a Fire pit on deck anyways. Not surprised I forgot those.

2 minutes ago, WhackE said:

It overlaps because If I didn't want to be wet I'd just use clothing to prevent wetness or turn off rain.

There a very few sources in this game that make you wet, the main way of becoming wet is rain. So to answer your question If I want rain I would use and Eyebrella or umbrella/helm combo, because I'm not making a book just to set my wetness to 0 when I have a better more abusable option.

didnt test it but might be useful under heavy rain while fighting some bosses with certain methods that doesnt allow you to wear cloths which was my point

but sure, a temperature book overlaps with a rain book cuz 1 perk

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

didnt test it but might be useful under heavy rain while fighting some bosses with certain methods that doesnt allow you to wear cloths which was my point

That's a fair point, I guess if you're using electricity weapons I could see why you would want rain, but otherwise This isn't a situation I would like to be in.

1 minute ago, Bellium said:

How does a firepit stop a narwhale breaking your boat?

Fire makes you dry? :wink:

12 minutes ago, Bellium said:

it could be that people want rain while not being wet, like to far crops or use a morning star.

Okay except I've already mentioned this, literally the entirety of summer is invalidated with this one item.

and being wet in summer is something you usually want too!

8 minutes ago, WhackE said:

Fire makes you dry? :wink:

By that logic all weather can be overcome by standing next to a fire/ endothermic-fire pit, which isn't wrong but it's hardly a productive use of precious survivall time! 

Archived