Serious question

Ok, i can see that some people think that lunar grimoire have to change, but, i cant accept it in silent because if klei decide something based in popular opinion, they will thought thay everyone thinks that book needs a change, when there are others books thay could be changed instead of this book.

So, why exactly wickerbottom cant shine in her own rework? What is the point of making the book expensive if there is another way to make eternal full moons for FREE, the current book is not even that cheap, i doubt you to mass produce papyrus before winter and mass produce moon rock before the first year, there is no benefit doing it, the effort that you could put in it, could be putted in rushing the moon storm event in the first year, and you would have the same effect but with ZERO cost. And if you tell me that you dont need to mass produce it, and just put in the bookcase, i challange you to stay an entire year sitting in base just to read this book every night until someone active the moonstorm event.

This book is situacional, you can use it if you are not willing to wait a full moon (gloomer, pig farm, etc), or to reset the cycle of the moon, also know as making new moon every 10 days instead of 20 days. So what is the point of nerfing it, will you guys be happy when the actual cost of the book surpass the necessity of the book? When it will be more troblesome to make the book than waiting a full moon? Thats it? This is my question. Thx for giving time to read it.

(Preparing myself to tomorow because it will probably get nerfed anyway ;-;)

5 minutes ago, dois raios said:

and you would have the same effect but with ZERO cost.

There is absolutely a cost with the Moonstorm and saying there isn't is a bit silly, the storm will interfere in a lot of day to day tasks the longer you leave it on, + the gestalts you must deal with on a daily occasion.

Theres a reason why a lot of people will tend to turn off the storms at some point, even if it comes with infinite surface light. So far me and my friends have been preferring Wickers book over the moonstorm.

About the rest of the actual post, I don't have much to comment on.

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

+ the gestalts you must deal with on a daily occasion.

My bad i forgot about it, i am almost always insane and even if i am not, i have a bone helm with me, so i totally forget that gestalts were a problem.

3 minutes ago, dois raios said:

My bad i forgot about it, i am almost always insane and even if i am not, i have a bone helm with me, so i totally forget that gestalts were a problem.

Also moon gleams destroying things. And the moon storm possibly spawning somewhere important. really theres a lot going on. 

Klei has their own ideas they dont just blindly follow whoever is screaming the loudest on the forums so nothing is for certain until it happens :lol:. We’ll have to all wait and see what they decide to do. 

imo 2 moon rocks is just too little to bring about a big event like the full moon. And balance aside its just not an interesting recipe. To me it doesnt feel earned when i can summon a full moon so easliy. 

You definitely shouldnt be able to summon your own full moon before the first natural one occurs lol. Besides why would u even want it early game? Most if not all (unless im forgetting something) of the things that a full moon makes possible require a lot of setup before it pays off, except for glommer. So i personally have no issue with the recipe cost being changed to more mid/late-ish game. For light in the meantime we have the lux books. 

I cant imagine theyll change the recipe to a point where its totally useless so dont worry too much. Im sure they’ll keep the generic availability of lunar storms in mind when making any potential changes. 

I really cant think any other material that could be used to invoke the power of the moon instead of moon rock, moon glass dont have the same 'power', it can craft axe and glass cutter and some others things, but moon rock is the one that mess with the power of nightmare, you use moon rock to change the celestial portal, you use moon rock to create idols, you use moon rock to activate the moon altar, you also use moon rock to make the astral detector. So yeah, i do think that the current recipe for lunar grimoire is good, but not cheap (as i said why in the post) as some people think.

2 minutes ago, dois raios said:

I really cant think any other material that could be used to invoke the power of the moon instead of moon rock, moon glass dont have the same 'power', it can craft axe and glass cutter and some others things, but moon rock is the one that mess with the power of nightmare, you use moon rock to change the celestial portal, you use moon rock to create idols, you use moon rock to activate the moon altar, you also use moon rock to make the astral detector. So yeah, i do think that the current recipe for lunar grimoire is good, but not cheap (as i said why in the post) as some people think.

I find moon rocks in all the same places i find gold. Just in smaller quantities. Its rare, but its not hard to find. Id say its most conparable to pigskin in rarity early game, you wont find any in most areas, but if you know where to look, theres buckets of the stuff. Also theres plenty of things that could work, a yellow gem with moonrock has the same vibes as an iridescent gem, a blue gem has similar vibes because the moon has a cold light (also the mooncaller staff is cold) anything mutated by the moon would work but id prefer a few moon shrooms. An iridescent gem is a more lategame option, but you could also just steal one from the archives if thats your perogative. You can always deconstruct the book for it again later.

TONS of options.

I really doubt that klei will put something exclusive to obtain via cave, since there is people thay cant play with caves on, even in wx rework they changed the creatures to scan that would allow caveless players to get all circuits, but at this point, i have no idea about what will happen to that incredible book (and the others as well).

For me, this book is perfect, it is hard to mass produce, since you need a moon rock farm and a papyrus farm, but it is easy if you need to craft just one to make a moon caller, harvest a pig farm, catch gloomer, reset the moon cycle, etc.

I know i am being greedy since wicker is already so powerful, but always hurt when someone gives you something very good and people start to tell that you dont deserve it and ask the person to get it back from you.

Just now, dois raios said:

I really doubt that klei will put something exclusive to obtain via cave, since there is people thay cant play with caves on, even in wx rework they changed the creatures to scan that would allow caveless players to get all circuits, but at this point, i have no idea about what will happen to that incredible book (and the others as well).

For me, this book is perfect, it is hard to mass produce, since you need a moon rock farm and a papyrus farm, but it is easy if you need to craft just one to make a moon caller, harvest a pig farm, catch gloomer, reset the moon cycle, etc.

I know i am being greedy since wicker is already so powerful, but always hurt when someone gives you something very good and people start to tell that you dont deserve it and ask the person to get it back from you.

I mean… i guess you have a point with the moon shrooms and iridescent gems… maybe?

why would you need to mass produce it though? You can regenerate them. Besides if you’re half as far as getting moonstorms like you said you were, there shouldn’t be a problem witj anything short of end game materials. Im not asking for a crystal from the celestial champion here

Also your phrasing is VERY odd. we’re not here to sneak in and steal your cookies mate we’re trying to say you shouldn’t be able to alter the moon cycles day 1-2. Which feels like a pretty f a i r statement if im being honest. Alternatively if you really like the recipe it could be crafted at a completed moon alter. Or something to that effect. Its just plain weird that its harder to make a dark sword that in is to ALTER the phase of a ALTER cosmic ALTER diety.

6 minutes ago, dois raios said:

One of Wigfrid's song is locked behinds the ruins. Half of Webber's spiders are in the cave. As for the Lunar Grimoire, currently it's cheap price for high reward which feels extremely unsatisfactory. This doesn't feel like an item but rather c_event("fullmoon"). Imagine if you can craft Celestial Crown from moon rocks on the day 1. In my opinion, anything below the iridescent gem in the recipe would make it feel like a cheat code. 

6 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Also your phrasing is VERY odd

I am not a native speaker, sorry.

7 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

we’re not here to sneak in and steal your cookies mate we’re trying to say you shouldn’t be able to alter the moon cycles day 1-2. Which feels like a pretty f a i r statement if im being honest.

I understand your opinion, i posted this knowing that im not the majority. And being honest, i really dont think this book is too powerful (you cant just spam it every day forever, but if you use it correctly, you will be able to do incredibe things, the difference is that you dont need to think too much to realise in what situations this book is powerful, while the others you have to know exactly where to use), because of this i started this topic you know, so yeah, i do respect you opinion and as i said in the final of the first comment in this post, i am already preparing myself to the nerf, but i didnt want to wait in silence while everyone is giving their opinion, so i also gave mine.

1 minute ago, dois raios said:

I am not a native speaker, sorry.

I understand your opinion, i posted this knowing that im not the majority. And being honest, i really dont think this book is too powerful (you cant just spam it every day forever, but if you use it correctly, you will be able to do incredibe things, the difference is that you dont need to think too much to realise in what situations this book is powerful, while the others you have to know exactly where to use), because of this i started this topic you know, so yeah, i do respect you opinion and as i said in the final of the first comment in this post, i am already preparing myself to the nerf, but i didnt want to wait in silence while everyone is giving their opinion, so i also gave mine.

Fair enough, have a nice day

5 minutes ago, dois raios said:

I understand your opinion, i posted this knowing that im not the majority. And being honest, i really dont think this book is too powerful (you cant just spam it every day forever

The book legit triggers a event that allows you to infinitely farm it's crafting cost.

I sincerely feel sorry for people who can’t play with caves content toggled on, I’m pretty certain that is at least 65% of the game that’s inaccessible to those players.. 

And unfortunately- Klei can’t hold back ground breaking ideas just because some older platforms can’t handle cave shards..

I literally bought an Xbox Series Console because I knew that all the big updates for GTA Online would be stopped on Xbox One same as it was for 360.. and continued only on the newest hardware.

It might be time to upgrade PCs if you can’t run Caves content. There’s several characters who require caves content in their crafts (unless there’s some unknown way to get cave spiders & Thelucite that I’m unaware of on the surface..)

40 minutes ago, dois raios said:

Walter's cursed rounds...

Edit: Now that I think about it why is Walter the only character in the game forced to keep revisiting the ruins to craft a character specific consumable item...

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The book legit triggers a event that allows you to infinitely farm it's crafting cost.

You can also do it with the book birds of the world...

Spawn bird -> use sleep time stories -> kill birds -> give meat to bird cage

1 minute ago, dois raios said:

You can also do it with the book birds of the world...

Spawn bird -> use sleep time stories -> kill birds -> give meat to bird cage

It's weird to compare farming birds something anyone can do once they find spiders with controlling the moon cycle.

Just now, Mysterious box said:

It's weird to compare farming birds something anyone can do once they find spiders with controlling the moon cycle.

With this choose of words, you can make anything sound like stupid.

Everyone can farm birds, but wicker does it better.

Everyone can change the cycle of the moon (killing CC), but wicker does it better.

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

unless there’s some unknown way to get cave spiders & Thelucite that I’m unaware of on the surface..

Minuscule chance to get some thulecite from a sunken chest. Without the caves, it can only be used for the gembell as Wanda's clock pieces use thulecite fragments. 

10 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Walter's cursed rounds...

Edit: Now that I think about it why is Walter the only character in the game forced to keep revisiting the ruins to craft a character specific consumable item...

You and the other guys are right, there are character exclusive items locked into caves, i was wrong, maybe klei change the recipe to something that can only be found in caves, idk.

With this choose of words, you can make anything sound like stupid.

Everyone can farm birds, but wicker does it better.

Everyone can change the cycle of the moon (killing CC), but wicker does it better.

Yep you just have to alter the games settings or work and wait for 6+ in game hours to while also dealing with multiple end game level threats and constant harassment from the world itself which could potentially destroy your base.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Yep you just have to alter the games settings or work and wait for 6+ in game hours to while also dealing with multiple end game level threats and constant harassment from the world itself which could potentially destroy your base.

Or you could use wicker? Or ask a friend to enter in your world (if you don't like celestial portal) to change the moon cycle for you.

Or you could use wicker? Or ask a friend to enter in your world (if you don't like celestial portal) to change the moon cycle for you.

I've given up on the idea that the book shouldn't exist because I know that argument is a loss cause but I still stand by a iridescent gem should be part of the recipe it's not even a big requirement the world starts with 2 already made.

Just now, Mysterious box said:

I've given up on the idea that the book shouldn't exist because I know that argument is a loss cause but I still stand by a iridescent gem should be part of the recipe it's not even a big requirement the world starts with 2 already made.

That would be terrible, imagine people going to archives to get the iridescent gem to only spawn full moon, you would have to make the moon caller staff event 3 times in endless public servers

2 minutes ago, dois raios said:

That would be terrible, imagine people going to archives to get the iridescent gem to only spawn full moon, you would have to make the moon caller staff event 3 times in endless public servers

Good thing there's a book that triggers the requirement for a moon caller event no? Even then it's not like she needs to take both of them.

Archived