What does everyone think of the refresh?

Questions for the refresh  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How does everyone feel about the refresh???

• I love it!
    • It's ok, I guess (or are unsure)
    • I don't really like it
  2. 2. Do any of the characters need any work?

• Walter needs more
    • Wortox needs more
    • Wickerbottom needs more
    • Maxwell needs to not access Wicker's books
    • All the characters are great!
    • Winnona
  3. 3. Will you play as Wicker more with this refresh?

• yes
    • no
    • unsure
  4. 4. Should wicker have more to her design then her books/knowledge?

• NO, Knowledge is power
    • Yes, she is lacking something else
  5. 5. Are Wickerbottoms new books a boon or a troll to other players?

• Her books are too world changing and can be used to troll
    • Her books can be used to help players more than hurt them

it's great so far. It actually gives wicker useful tools in the early-mid game which is something I feel she is seriously lacking right now.

Would be nice if she could have some books that benefit team mates more (like give teammates temporary powers/perks). 

Unfortunately as an Xbox player I don’t get to play in Beta’s and by the time the update leaves beta and arrives on Xbox chances are Klei has ALREADY taken in all the Feedback from Beta and tweaked the Character- So by the time I get my hands on testing them out any suggestions I can possibly have are too late because the reworks likely already been influenced by the Beta Phase and is finalized or near to it. I stated many months ago back when reworks first started that I would be very vocal about Wendy and Wickerbottoms Reworks because I play them a lot but Suddenly I’ve come to realize that it’s pointless in doing so because- 

1- I only have patch notes, what is discussed on the forums or watching PC players play to form my opinions.

2- Because I can’t get “hands on” with said Reworks then the opinions I can form may be highly inaccurate.

And 3- By the time the reworks come to Xbox they’re mostly finalized at that point.

But Nonetheless… I hope Klei absolutely nails this rework & takes in feedback to make Wicker a truly unique character standing out on her own.

I'll wait for the next beta updates to have a more concrete opinion, since for me a lot will change yet.
But for now I believe that it is somehow acceptable, I wouldn't put the update as disastrous as many are doing, but I also can't say that it's one of the best reworks, I just wanna give Klei a little more time to change what needs to be changed they couldn't do that in like less than a day, there's no way that would be possible, they even avoided making any change beforehand for I guess some big changes are coming and they would make more sense being tied together.

I only think Wicker needs more concrete downsides. The change where she spawns shadow creatures if reading books while low on sanity might actually be enough of a downside. Though I feel they could lean more heavily into insomniac idea more.

I also think her moon phase change needs to be reworked other than that I quite like the update.

I think removing Maxwell ability to read is Still too soon, as an maxwell main i ser him as a shadow of his former self, because woodie does The farming better, wurt Farm rocks better than him, And wurt merms figth better than him, his shadow clones are lackluster and obviously powercrept so the only things he haver going for him is the wicker books and the 6.8 San per minute, basically he is a half health Wilson with an infinite Tam on shanter on eligthment Crown.

Personally I feel like Wortox is in a perfect spot.

Walter could use a few more touch ups but is in a much better place than he was previously.

As for Wickerbottom I feel like the crafting requirements of some of her newer books should be reconsidered specifically the moon book. I do see massive troll potential even unintentionally from Wickerbottom's books but I'm willing to wait to see how it ends up on live servers to make a final judgement.

Wicker - More books, more shenanigans

I really liked her playstyle back then in ds (her books mostly, I just really enjoy an special craftings playstyle rather than a perk centered one)

so more books feel good

Walter - slinghot still isn't viable imo

Wortox - 

Spoiler

Haven't weaved wortox yet

I don't plan doing so

21 hours ago, Snugrugbug said:

image.png.f573a19b78c1af19dc64ef0b3227f969.png

You should add an option for "none"

...I just noticed that, sorry about that, I meant to have "The characters are all great" as the last option....but idk how to fix it either....?

edit: I figured it out, butttttttt, now the option is at 0%....and I don't think anyone can change their answers, :/

Should I remove the question, lmk?

As a main Wiker I've been waiting for this for a while, In general I like the update, but I think there are things that need to be changed, mainly the prices and the effects of some books, also the interaction that the books with some characters.
perhaps include more specific benefits for the characters related to the effects of the books.

18 hours ago, Chesterxito said:

also where winona option in the poll?

seems like most ppl forgot winona buff.

ok, winnona is added, not sure if it will change much(because many people have already submitted their votes), but she exists on the poll now

1 minute ago, Jinjetica said:

ok, winnona is added, not sure if it will change much(because many people have already submitted their votes), but she exists on the poll now

Was wondering why it only had my vote xd

Also whats with people thinking maxwell shouldn't have access to wicker's books? He can read, IMO Wurt should be able to read the codex umbra! And then instantly die.

3 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

Also whats with people thinking maxwell shouldn't have access to wicker's books? He can read, IMO Wurt should be able to read the codex umbra! And then instantly die.

I kept seeing it, so I was wondering if a lot of people felt that way? omg, not WURT T_T

30 minutes ago, Jinjetica said:

The problem with Maxwell being able to read all of Wickerbottoms books is that it would be like if Klei added a new boyscout into the game that can ride Woby & use Walters Slingshots.

It takes a character who should be unique within their own rights- and makes them feel significantly less unique when other survivors can do it too.

I don’t mind Maxwell being able to read a book or two, but he shouldn’t be able to read all of them.

after all this time i still dont understand why they limited the crop growth book to 10. its not like her power diminished after that, if anything it just became more clunky

thats the only thing that still bugs me. i like everything else that was added/changed

Archived