Lunar book balancing suggestions

Okay so basically, the book is a bit much so i want people to suggest changes for it here. 

i’ll mention some ideas
- more expensive (if nothing else) its too cheap

- use 99% of durability

- use a difficult to acquire resource, moongem?

- doesnt change lunar cycle

- doesnt work on new moons

- doesnt affect woodie???

Throw a suggestion in, this is just a suggestion thread

If the book doesn't reset lunar cycle, the celestial champion event shouldn't just for consistency. Personally I was a fan of world days related moon cycle calculation(for example day 311 is full moon), which can't be used in late-game servers nowadays.

I don't think it's too much, but I have an idea for repurposing... Uh purposes.

I think it should extend the previous (previous day) phase. So if the previous day was a new moon, you get another new moon.

This could allow extending the full moon, extending the new moon, as well as delaying both. You can't do all at once and it requires preparation beforehand. Plus, there is cooldown period (the whole cycle) before you can extend either one if you lose it or decide to no longer extend it. You can also keep a full moon from happening if your Woodie friend isn't ready to transform. Or you aren't ready for a new moon yet.

57 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I don't think it's too much, but I have an idea for repurposing... Uh purposes.

I think it should extend the previous (previous day) phase. So if the previous day was a new moon, you get another new moon.

This could allow extending the full moon, extending the new moon, as well as delaying both. You can't do all at once and it requires preparation beforehand. Plus, there is cooldown period (the whole cycle) before you can extend either one if you lose it or decide to no longer extend it. You can also keep a full moon from happening if your Woodie friend isn't ready to transform. Or you aren't ready for a new moon yet.

Oh I actually really like that. 

People who are hunting for full moon perks like a bonus glommer or to spam the moon pedestal still can, just in a more limited amount, and you get the bonus of messing with the moon cycles in a more diverse way. Being able to stall the cycle when it doesn't fit you or extend "good" ones feels like a really good compromise for those who like the effects but are worried about just how annoying they might get as-is.

Change the crafting recipe so it requires Moon Rock + LunarMoth wings from pearls or Lunar Isle + Shattered Glass + one living Crustashine 

(Would require updating the game so players can capture and hold onto crustashines though..)

I love how most the other character reworks encouraged and pushed characters to get out and actually explore the game world- Take WX78 as an example: Whom needs to go to various different places and scan various different mobs to unlock circuits.

Wickerbottom has a Bewitching skin set: therefore Technically she can be Librarian/Swamp Witch- What do Magical Librarians and Witches have in common? Well in DST it’s Books with magic powers that SHOULD require unusual ingredients..

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Would require updating the game so players can capture and hold onto crustashines though..)

Can't you use traps to catch them and pick them up?

Haven't tried myself but I've seen screenshots of people relocating them.

Could just be PC players console spawning them.

I really like the idea of having the Lunar Grimoire require an item from each of the moon locations in the world.

A moon shroom from the Lunar Grotto, moon moth wings from the Lunar Island, and a Crustashine from the Moon Quay.

It would encourage players to explore the world, and also put a soft limit on how quickly you can access the book. Getting the Crustashines also puts a functional limit on the book, because you have to deal with the monkeys first. If not, they'll just steal all your items and prevent you from making progress.

Archived