How do you like the new map zoom in/out?

How do you like the new map scroll?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the new map scroll?

• I love it!
    • I wish they had the old one back

I haven't noticed a difference to be honest.

But  I have been experiencing the extreme zoom out sometimes when I open the map. Which is very very annoying..
So old version it is I guess.

• Developer

A revision is in the pipeline with adjustments that make the bigger zoom out levels feel more navigable and zoom sensitivity options condensed down a bit to be more wieldy.

8 hours ago, Duck986 said:

From what I experienced on my current laggy laptop - it's very, very slow on default settings, and the old one was much faster.

I have looked over my math on this and found that it was framerate dependent and have removed this coupling in a coming patch. Thank you for pointing this out! This should also fix the zooming all the way out issue.

4 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

I have looked over my math on this and found that it was framerate dependent and have removed this coupling in a coming patch. Thank you for pointing this out! This should also fix the zooming all the way out issue.

Does this mean we won't have smooth map zooming out anymore for us people which use 144 fps monitors :/ ? Maybe you can make it an option and keep this current one because it's very nice having 144 fps zoom in/out it looks very great

• Developer
41 minutes ago, . . . said:

Does this mean we won't have smooth map zooming out anymore for us people which use 144 fps monitors :/ ? Maybe you can make it an option and keep this current one because it's very nice having 144 fps zoom in/out it looks very great

I was vague there the it I was talking about was how fast the zoom goes to the desired target zoom level. In the current version you are on it depends on the framerate and having a setting like netbook mode on would have a different speed as it zooms in and out which is undesired. My changes removes this and makes it time dependent instead and the visual smoothness will still be present but the speed that the map zooms in and out will be the same.

Archived