Small skin QOL feature!

So! Something I've been wanting for a long time now was the ability to disable the "hand" part of hand skins.
This recently "sort of" became a thing with Wonkey. I'll provide examples.

Essentially I'd love for this to be something you can toggle for every character! 
There's a lot of skins that have "cuff" parts that I'd love to wear without the main hand half attached. 
image.thumb.png.830f50fab80c8dbaf5823d1f213e77ba.png

For example, this skin! I LOVE the gold bits here, though I don't really want the brown hands since it doesn't go with the rest of the outfit. 
An option to toggle it off would be wonderful!
Since Wonkey isn't allowed to wear the hand part of skins, this happens naturally with them. Which I love!
image.png.bf1df3c3996f72215146cabff31f28ca.png

It's just a neat little QOL I thought of for skins, I think it'd be super nice and would maybe open up a lot of potential since a LOT of hand skins actually have these really nice "cuffs" attached to them. Like some of these:
image.png.7cb6771ba1d5b69cd24d1e56f7566d73.pngimage.png.467d47908b4b1aed1c7b8cffa0588eb4.pngimage.png.04550f7445b4c40215dad6042c0cacc0.png

More individual symbol toggles for skins would honestly be really cool. I know it'd definitely feel a bit weird for some because it could be quite complex over all but it would be absolutely fantastic to be able to use certain cuffs with hands or gloves that could not be used together otherwise.

• Developer

I've been pondering this for awhile now. I'd love to revamp the skins UI to have an "advanced mode" that would allow users to pick and choose which symbols to use from which skins. Unfortunately that would require some fairly major reworking of the way that skins data is passed around between the game clients and servers, so I don't think we'll see that any time soon.

6 hours ago, PeterA said:

I've been pondering this for awhile now. I'd love to revamp the skins UI to have an "advanced mode" that would allow users to pick and choose which symbols to use from which skins. Unfortunately that would require some fairly major reworking of the way that skins data is passed around between the game clients and servers, so I don't think we'll see that any time soon.

Fair enough, I'll take it!
I do appreciate the response, it's a bit of a bummer but I don't mind the wait, patience is a virtue they say.
An advanced mode of skin selection does sound pretty wicked though, I had really considered the possibility for other skins to be interchange-able till now. Lot of potential to be had there!

Archived