Is there any way to locate terrarium ?

2 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

It's in a special Crimson Chest that is in the Forest, on it's own set piece or just laying around, you can find this Chest as early as Day 1.

It is a public world and 2300 days are passed the chest is already gone. Is there anyway to locate it ? for example I can use thulecite medallion to locate ancient key is there anything similar for terrarium or I have to simply search all land and ocean(boats) ?

34 minutes ago, WendyRunner said:

It is a public world and 2300 days are passed the chest is already gone. Is there anyway to locate it ? for example I can use thulecite medallion to locate ancient key is there anything similar for terrarium or I have to simply search all land and ocean(boats) ?

Well there is a map icon, I think that's your only option

I made a thread asking this same thing before (or it was probably a comment in the questions that don't deserve their own thread thread). Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to locate it as a client. The Terrarium is an interesting item but it has a variety of problems with it like this. I think it's a bit strange how they know to treat it like the orb in dropping it on DC but it isn't treated like the orb in being shown on the map.

9 hours ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

They should make the Thule medallion help track down more items in the world since it already has that feature for the key.

Oh yea! When you have the medalion on, you should be able to see Pearl's Pearl, Terrarium, Chester, Hutch and built Moon Altar icons on your map.

2 forests are guaranteed to generate in a world, with the pig village forest optionally generating. One of the two guaranteed forests contains mandrakes, and the other a mini swamp biome.

The terrarium always spawns in the forest biome with a pig village if available. If the pig village optional "biome" didn't generate, it spawns in the forest without mandrakes and with the mini swamp biome. It doesn't always spawn in the mini swamp, but in the same forest. Chester sometimes spawns in the mini swamp on the marsh turf.

6 hours ago, Quackkyy said:

2 forests are guaranteed to generate in a world, with the pig village forest optionally generating. One of the two guaranteed forests contains mandrakes, and the other a mini swamp biome.

The terrarium always spawns in the forest biome with a pig village if available. If the pig village optional "biome" didn't generate, it spawns in the forest without mandrakes and with the mini swamp biome. It doesn't always spawn in the mini swamp, but in the same forest. Chester sometimes spawns in the mini swamp on the marsh turf.

this is not the issue here, read again. The issue is locating it if it was moved from it's spawning location. 

Archived