[Suggestion] Melty Marble Should Deal Many Hundreds damage

Melty Marble is a trinket that can trade 4 gold to Pig King.

It’s also a slingshot ammo that deals 59.5 damage.

But 4 gold nuggets can craft 40 gold rounds which can deal 1360 damage. A Melty Marble should deal damage equivalent to a big fraction of that, or even all of that. Plus, it’s not really renewable in any meaningful sense.

I think 595 damage is reasonable.

That sounds awesome, love the idea of a single use super powered shot, melty marbles arent the most renewable thing in the world either besides the broken clockworks so itd certainly be balanced enough.

3 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

thats the explosive force of being shot with a blunderbuss twice 

You have no idea, my original title suggested 1000+ damage. Even I had to stop myself there.

I mean you can get a handful each ruins reset, I have quite a few stored away and rarely play Walter so don't use them much. Maybe something more like 100 damage would be nice to make them hands down the strongest ammo rather than just a little bit stronger than marble/thul rounds. Would be more worthwhile hanging onto the ones you get from ruins rather than just trading them for gold in this case.

More damage than that seems a bit excessive..

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

I mean you can get a handful each ruins reset, I have quite a few stored away and rarely play Walter so don't use them much. Maybe something more like 100 damage would be nice to make them hands down the strongest ammo rather than just a little bit stronger than marble/thul rounds. Would be more worthwhile hanging onto the ones you get from ruins rather than just trading them for gold in this case.

More damage than that seems a bit excessive..

Golden rounds do 34 damage each. Trading a Melty Marble to the Pig King gives 4 gold. That is 40 Golden Rounds. In otherwards, 1360 damage worth of ammo.

Melty marbles can be Dug from a Grave at 4.17% chance. Hammered from Broken Clockwork at 25% chance. Fished from the Oasis Lake and opened from a Crumpled Package at 16.7%-18.2% (please note, Packages are fished 60% of the time and the other 40% is just a Fish / Also during Winters Feast instead of a Trinket there is a 50% chance to recieve a Bauble or Light instead). They do not drop from Tumbleweeds.

Also I will repeat and elaborate. Gunpowder can be crafted for 1 Rotten Egg, 1 Nitre, and 1 Charcoal. Can be detonated in a stack, and will deal 200 damage per gunpowder.

Walter can pack some heat with Melty Marbles, and it is very justifiable to allow him to do so.

4 hours ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

Golden rounds do 34 damage each. Trading a Melty Marble to the Pig King gives 4 gold. That is 40 Golden Rounds. In otherwards, 1360 damage worth of ammo.

Melty marbles can be Dug from a Grave at 4.17% chance. Hammered from Broken Clockwork at 25% chance. Fished from the Oasis Lake and opened from a Crumpled Package at 16.7%-18.2% (please note, Packages are fished 60% of the time and the other 40% is just a Fish / Also during Winters Feast instead of a Trinket there is a 50% chance to recieve a Bauble or Light instead). They do not drop from Tumbleweeds.

Also I will repeat and elaborate. Gunpowder can be crafted for 1 Rotten Egg, 1 Nitre, and 1 Charcoal. Can be detonated in a stack, and will deal 200 damage per gunpowder.

Walter can pack some heat with Melty Marbles, and it is very justifiable to allow him to do so.

I get what you're saying I do but making it do some crazy amount of damage seems unbalanced. 

Gunpowder is very different you need the mob to be stationary, frozen or asleep plus it can burn their loot if it's a killing blow (Right?).

I'm all for a boost to marble damage I just don't see klei putting it above around the 100 range being realistic. 

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

I get what you're saying I do but making it do some crazy amount of damage seems unbalanced. 

Gunpowder is very different you need the mob to be stationary, frozen or asleep plus it can burn their loot if it's a killing blow (Right?).

I'm all for a boost to marble damage I just don't see klei putting it above around the 100 range being realistic. 

Perhaps they should have an effect too. Like they shatter on impact doing area damage? Even if the damage is like 68 like dark sword that would be cool AOE capabilities. It's not like you get more than like 20 during the ruins and maybe like 5 after a dedicated fishing summer. 

6 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Gunpowder is very different you need the mob to be stationary, frozen or asleep plus it can burn their loot if it's a killing blow

@BonesJrOfficial How about a even slower slingshot animation. Currently, the first shot takes 0.9 second. How about making the aiming animation between 0.9 to 3 second.

0.9 seconds will cause 100 damage, 3 seconds will cause max damage. Anywhere between will cause damage proportionally. After aiming 3 seconds, ammo will auto release with max damage.

(If max damage is 600 at 3 second, it's 200 damage per second, which is not that much compared of old Wanda, who can deal 316 damage per second constantly. Gun powder's max dps is 2000 per second at max stack. Melty marbles is no comparison at damage level.)

On 5/18/2022 at 2:08 PM, goatt said:

Plus, it’s not really renewable in any meaningful sense.

Melty marbles are highly renewable with a Merm King being fed fish often. In our recent Wurt world we had a lot of those things laying around: Wurt can obtain an endless supply of fish by killing her own guards daily + fishing.

Not sure if it's worth it though, but it could be a Wurt-Walter late game synergy.

37 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Melty marbles are highly renewable with a Merm King being fed fish often. In our recent Wurt world we had a lot of those things laying around: Wurt can obtain an endless supply of fish by killing her own guards daily + fishing.

Not sure if it's worth it though, but it could be a Wurt-Walter late game synergy.

Have yet to dabble with new merm king mechanics. This is awesome to note. Good on you for bringing it up. This makes me PUMPED. :)

still would love some boost to the melty marble rounds though.

2 hours ago, goatt said:

@BonesJrOfficial How about a even slower slingshot animation. Currently, the first shot takes 0.9 second. How about making the aiming animation between 0.9 to 3 second.

0.9 seconds will cause 100 damage, 3 seconds will cause max damage. Anywhere between will cause damage proportionally. After aiming 3 seconds, ammo will auto release with max damage.

(If max damage is 600 at 3 second, it's 200 damage per second, which is not that much compared of old Wanda, who can deal 316 damage per second constantly. Gun powder's max dps is 2000 per second at max stack. Melty marbles is no comparison at damage level.)

People are already upset at how slow and low damage the slingshot is. I wouldn't assume even with high power anyone would want it to be any slower. Just being honest.

1 hour ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

People are already upset at how slow and low damage the slingshot is

I just think since it was compared to gun powder, it can probably have similar downside of gunpowder. So that this heavy damage is only doable when monster is frozen, sleep, or distracted by your allies.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Melty marbles are highly renewable with a Merm King being fed fish often.

I didn't know that. It's good to know.

After looking up the wiki, it says King has 14% to give a trinket, which is 1 out 7.

There are 5 different trinket, so to get Melty Marble, the chance is 1 out of 35.

In other words, in order to get 1 Melty Marble, you have to farm 35 merm guards, and feed King fish 35 times.

Now time cost. In my tests, merm guards war usually takes between 2 to 2.5 min because they have lots of hp when king is alive. Feeding a fish to king usually take 4 seconds each. Because fish can't stack, so the process is even slower. Let's only look at the killing time and feeding time. Killing say takes 2.2 min. 35 feedings takes 140 seconds, which is another 2.3 min. Total 4.5 minutes minimum. A in-game day is only 8 min. The process is very labor intensive.

Mass producing Melty Marbles in this way cannot be considered "highly" renewable. It's at best doable.

To put into perspective, if you religiously farm 35 guards for a year (70 days), that would be 2450 guards, and feeding merm king 2450 times, that would give you 70 Melty Marbles. Let's say each Melty Marble deals 600 damage, total damage getting out of that process is 42,000, not enough to kill toad stool, not enough to kill 2 dragonfly, not enough to kill 2 bee queen, barely enough to kill 2 crab king, just enough to kill 1 celestial champion. Plus in that year, more than half of the time is forced to spend in that farm. It stops you from doing any tasks that require more than half a day, because you have to go back as soon as guards respawn. You can't do ruins, can't do any bosses, can't do mactusk in a non-disruptive way or can't do mactusk at all because of long distance, only way for you to do anything in a remote location is when your friends can teleport you, and you will have to leave before you finish the thing on that remote site because guards had just spawned.

Archived