Honestly this is gonna be long or short I dont know. However here are a bunch of ideas, balance not in mind, that I want to see in the game in some form. I wont use numbers for damage, insulation, etc. But will rather compare it to existing items to aid in understanding the ideas worth.

Gummy Goop: Made from 1 glommer goop, 2 silk, and 6 honey. This mine-like item will explode when stepped on, inflicting those in a small radius with a sticky effect exactly like Ewcuises mucus with a much longer duriation. Mobs trapped in this cannot fight back and move until they escape, this mine does not affect big creatures.

Power Hammer: Winona specific item that she spawns with. More powerful than the original hammer and industructible. The only caviet is that it requires fuel from power from her generators. The hammer doesnt run out till 9 minutes of total use.

Thick fur floor: Made with one thick fur, 5 beefalo wool, and 1 board. When placed, the carpet looks like a black and white messly striped pattern. The carpet provides insulation when stood on equal to a puffy vest. 

Stone flooring: Made with 2 cut stone. Its a smooth stone floor...

Houndious Javalin: 4 hounds tooth, 2 twigs, 2 rope. A spear like weapon with the same damage, but less durability. The Javalin can be thrown for damage equal to a stale hambat and can be retrieved. The Javalin loses 5% for every melee attack, and 2% for a throw.

Potluck Cauldron: Made with 4 cutstone, 1 marble, and 4 logs. The cauldron must be filled with water either by watering can or ice before lighting and cooking. The cauldron can have anything edible inserted into it. When putting a food item into the cauldron (max of 6) the food loses all of its health and sanity benefits or loses. Food placed adds to the soups hieght which adds more servings to it, no more than two monster products can be placed or the food will become "horrid". An example;

6 monster meat = Horrid soup

5 big meat+1 monster = Soup, it can be eaten six times and the total possible hunger will be divided by 6 regardless of if you put less. 

6 big meat = 150hunger/6. (25 hunger a serving)

4 morsal, blue mushroom, and carrot = 75/6. (12.5 hunger a serving). 

Food places in the cauldron will not spoil unless there fire runs out. In which the pots contents all spoil in less than 3 days.

(This idea is mediocre and I wish to improve it)

Palm trees: Grow in the oasis and in the various normal islands in the ocean. Just a new ambient tree, only unique thing is it drops coconuts.

Different boat shapes and sizes: Squares, rectangles, circles. Small, normal, and large; faster the smaller it is but more durable the bigger it is. More materials can be used to make the boat stronger; wooden, hardwood, and something I cant think of.

Bridges: boards, 2 rope. Can be extended for an extra board and rope but can be no longer than 4 turfs.  A rectangular arch bridge that is the length of 1 turf. For those pesky moments where you can see the other side but dont want to build an ugly boat to get across.

Well: 3 cut stone, 1 board, 1 rope. Provides finite amount of water before needing to be refilled. Which can be done with ice, manually with a water can, or rain. 

Torches burning out 6% a tick in rain instead of 1-2%. Plus if the torch is wet it wont burn.

Fish giving more meat the bigger it is

Merms and pigs conversating and waving.

Tribal pig raids and cold/heat waves

More marsh vegetation

Hands being able to not only steal fire but drag players slowly into the dark.

Mushroom growing on wet tree stumps during spring

Huge ticks (the bug) that steal life. Works like a slurpler 

Blizzards in winter, dust storms in summer, horrific nonstop thunder in spring, ambiant gusts of wind in autumn. 

If killed while insane your dead skeleton will come to life and attack players. 

Pig king city should look more like a city

More rock and gold rock designs 

Sleeping should have unique benefits. Such as 10% increased speed or less hunger drain for a day. 

Treeguards should have a cracking, scarier looking spawning animation.

Maxwell while insane should vividly hear ragtime music

More nightmare creatures with unique attacks.

More mobs and attacks focused on constraining the character. 

Quicksand, mud, and gravel patches that reduce movement speed. They can be removed with a shovel/pitchfork but respawn in new spots in their respective seasons.

Indirect perk system. For example beefalo, pets, and Woby get a little adjective next to their name if their owner does a lot of fighting, eating, crafting, scavenging. Characters themselves could gain these perks. "W" the ____, each title with thier own minor benefits. 

Feel free to provide feedback and your own idea. Thank you if you read all these (:

2 hours ago, Lumine04 said:

More nightmare creatures with unique attacks.

Make the nightmares like Hound waves. If there's too many nightmares in a specific location, they combine into bigger and scarier nightmare that isn't as impossible to deal with.

4 hours ago, Lumine04 said:

Power Hammer: Winona specific item that she spawns with. More powerful than the original hammer and industructible. The only caviet is that it requires fuel from power from her generators. The hammer doesnt run out till 9 minutes of total use.

Not a fan of this, it just sounds like a less polished version of Lucy/Alarming Clock, Hammers aren't a tool as commonly needed as Axes and it has a lot of uses compared to other tools so their durability isn't a problem, and making it require charging to be used would force the player to either build a new generator or go to an already built generator which could be more annoying if it runs out when one is far from a generator

3 hours ago, Lumine04 said:

Pig king city should look more like a city

It's not a city, it's a village

Houndious Javalin: 4 hounds tooth, 2 twigs, 2 rope. A spear like weapon with the same damage, but less durability. The Javalin can be thrown for damage equal to a stale hambat and can be retrieved. The Javalin loses 5% for every melee attack, and 2% for a throw.

Interesting concept, but I would change the name, Houndius Shootius is named like that because it's main purpose was to shoots Hounds and just changing the last word makes it unfitting

Quicksand, mud, and gravel patches that reduce movement speed. They can be removed with a shovel/pitchfork but respawn in new spots in their respective seasons.

Movement slowness sounds unfun to me.

14 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

Not a fan of this, it just sounds like a less polished version of Lucy/Alarming Clock, Hammers aren't a tool as commonly needed as Axes and it has a lot of uses compared to other tools so their durability isn't a problem, and making it require charging to be used would force the player to either build a new generator or go to an already built generator which could be more annoying if it runs out when one is far from a generator

Just a concept, I would love if it also provided all materials back to make up for its fuel cost. On top of that once it runs out of energy it functions like a normal hammer. Its utility stems from when I megabase, I sometimes want a second chance if I place something somewhere wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

Interesting concept, but I would change the name, Houndius Shootius is named like that because it's main purpose was to shoots Hounds and just changing the last word makes it unfitting

Whoops, you know the name I just thought since it had teeth in the recipe. It just be named Javalin.

17 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

Movement slowness sounds unfun to me.

I like the idea. The constant needs more environment dangers and hostile vegetation. Do you have any nifty environmental dangers?

5 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

Kinda like the glommer goop mine idea but... Why glommer goop and not Phlegm (Ewecus' Drop)?

That Phlegm is so useless and forgettable I totally forgot it existed. But actually I just thought about being able to make two kinds. One more potent than the other.

Glommer goop would be the weaker one and Phlegm would be stronger.

Archived