Dst cast power dynamics

Wilson is the only one out of the 18 survivors to not have amazing power, this cause a power dynamic in the survivors group, I wonder how would that affects the group relationship after the rework Wilson might get new amazing power but until then I would like Wilson quotes to mention power dynamic or atleast show us this problem in Wilson rework short.

2 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

Wilson in the lore:
Obraz - Wilsonport.png | Don`t Starve Wiki | FANDOM ...

Wilson while explore:

image.png.3bf3c68d7666f127209ce095b65f8034.png

What is Wilson's personality anyway? what are Wilson's traits, attributes, and specialties? 

This needs to be addressed in Wilson's animated short since Wilson is just a blank slate, I want the animated short to show how Wilson deals with being the only ordinary person in a group of extraordinary people, and how he deals with not having special about him. 

I mean wilson was probably the best character to play pre strange new powers.

all the characters were rather underwhelming at that point.
wx only had stale food
wicker only had the science tier
wolf was just 1.5 x damage
wendy could die from abby spawning randomly at dusk and night.
wes didn't have his balloons.
willow just had fire immunity  and i think the sanity fires too.

wilsons perk actively  helped him in the original game.  since winter was the only challenge to worry about.
plus he could always make 2 lives out of it every season.

wilsons perk is actually pretty nice. But its sad that powercreep has really left him behind.

I'd argue that Wilson's good in regards to his personality. The guy's implied to have created many of the creations under the crafting tab and is described to be a character who's inventive in very unconventional ways. Although definitely not as academically smart as say Wagstaff or Wickerbottom, he makes it up while being clever and making do with what he has, even if it doesn't seem that way initially. For being a protagonist to a survival game that has you think on your feet, I'd say he makes a good choice for being the central character we follow.

Also, he apparently dropped out of school due to bills requiring him to pay for damages done to the chemistry lab, according to a loading screen quote. Which makes sense when imagining him wrecking havoc in a public setting that isn't the Constant, because he definitely would.

Also puns.

As for his rework, he's one of the few I have most trouble envisioning, especially since he's intended to be a sort of blank slate for a beginner player so as to not bog them down with mechanics to learn. I've always wanted his abilities to hone into his passion for science more, though, which I'm sure they'll touch up on.

Honestly, if they rework Wilson and change him to have extraordinary powers like the rest of the survivors, that would feel like a bit of a mistake to me. Wilson's the guy. He grows a beard, and he looks good on the promo art.

The only 2 things you could really do with Wilson that would feel right would be to give him a "rework" like the first Wes one, where all they did was change his balloon elasticity (thanks klei it was breaking the game i appreciate thumbs up emoji thumbs up emoji), or, the most humorous one, give him the wacky inventions and then completely overshadow that with like adventure mode or something.

In the short everyone could be messing around with the cool new stuff while Wilson sits in the background with his cobbled together inventions and sulks.

I think when Klei rework Wilson they should give exclusive craft but not a crafting tab, he will have 1 exclusive for every tab in the game there 3 different types of craft representing Wilson's journey, Beginner craft can be crafted from the get-go, Advance craft need you to prototype certain thing before you can craft it, and Master craft you need to battle certain mini-bosses and bosses to unlock, Beginner craft would be things he remembers before he comes here, Advance craft would have the element of the thing you prototype to unlock the craft, and Master craft would use the bosses and mini-bosses loot as the crafting ingredient.

3 hours ago, Waoling said:

What is Wilson's personality anyway? what are Wilson's traits, attributes, and specialties? 

This needs to be addressed in Wilson's animated short since Wilson is just a blank slate, I want the animated short to show how Wilson deals with being the only ordinary person in a group of extraordinary people, and how he deals with not having special about him. 

Wilson is not a blank slate and I don't know how anyone could ever think that he was.
he's also not ordinary by any means

plus he's the protagonist and the spark that got the story rolling

3 minutes ago, kirihime said:

Wilson is not a blank slate and I don't know how anyone could ever think that he was.
he's also not ordinary by any means

Can you tell us what is Wilson's personality? and what makes him special?

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Have you not read his quotes his personality is very well defined in them.

He just said a lot of pun and mention science from time to time and sometimes he said stupid/quirkly thing, that so basic he only defining personality is he love for science which isn't that defining.

Just now, Waoling said:

Can you tell us what is Wilson's personality? and what makes him speciale?

He's very ambitious and has lofty goals but lacks the skills or motivation to accomplish them. Tries to think of himself as a scientist but doesn't have much on the way of actual scientific ability. He's imaginative and likes making puns, but is also pessimistic and kind of aware that he's in over his head. Still, he's the one responsible for a lot of the technology the survivors use in the constant, and he's the one who ended Maxwell's reign, making him responsible for everything that happened since.

Plus, he's the protagonist, and is still kind of the core of the story as it moves forward. In a way he's sort of the glue that holds the team of survivors together

Other characters might be more powerful than him but they're also held back in their own ways, Wanda might have super powerful time magic but that same magic also blocks her from being able to actually change anything, Maxwell has his shadow magic, but he was even more powerful in the past and even then Wilson beat him, while someone like Wortox isn't even trying to change anything and is mostly just along for the ride.

49 minutes ago, Waoling said:

He just said a lot of pun and mention science from time to time and sometimes he said stupid/quirkly thing, that so basic he only defining personality is he love for science which isn't that defining.

He's also obsessed with his hair and acting like a scientist to the point of making scientific observations in a way that makes it clear he's trying to seem smart.

The thing is, every character can be boiled down to their most defining trait. It's the small details that make them unique and shakes them out of the tropes they're based off of.

I'd say Wilson is one of the more interesting survivors when viewing his story through his cinematic and Adventure Mode as a whole. A self-assured gentlemen scientist who is willing to use unorthodox methods to bring his ideas into fruition, and goes as far as to listen to a voice in a radio to do so. It's a correct assumption that his love for science is his main trait, but seeing how he goes about it shows that he views the practice with methods that are usually out of the box.

Not to mention that he decides to free Maxwell, someone who's tricked him into surviving this world, and is even willing to work with him after being freed of the Nightmare Throne. That interaction alone says a lot about him as a person.

Basically, he's a great character to analyze, even if he seems a little ordinary in comparison to the other survivors. It's what brings the charm out of him and what makes him stand out in a storytelling point of view. 

Archived