Bottomless Firepit

I'm a beta player and you gave me The Bottomless Firepit skin for being a beta player, thank you for your kindness but it doesn't make sense for me to be a beta player now because you have made this skin available to everyone now. I hope you don't forget the beta players.

FRiqS-GWQAY5kod.jpg

On 5/4/2022 at 4:52 PM, Trineopheus said:

I'm a beta player and you gave me The Bottomless Firepit skin for being a beta player, thank you for your kindness but it doesn't make sense for me to be a beta player now because you have made this skin available to everyone now. I hope you don't forget the beta players.

FRiqS-GWQAY5kod.jpg

You are right. This was not a fair move. I am not a beta player or anything, i never buy cosmetics in any game, but that item was special and it should've stayed that way.

They could've colored the rocks differently at least, so there is some distinction between the legacy one and the one that is now common.

So many people saying "who cares" as if that's an argument. If they don't care, good for them, but that's not the point. The point is this was not right

"who cares" is as good of an argument as "this isn't right". You have the skin, use it and move on. Stop being hurt by the fact that your meaningless exclusivity is no more. Don't Starve was never that kind of game to begin with. This skin and the ones from the gorge tournament were the only ones that had the exclusivity thing. Now they just made it more in line with how the rest of the skins are being treated. This whole thing boils down to empty complaints with empty excuses as to why or why not 

On 5/13/2022 at 3:58 PM, PeiperPires said:

"who cares" is as good of an argument as "this isn't right". You have the skin, use it and move on. Stop being hurt by the fact that your meaningless exclusivity is no more. Don't Starve was never that kind of game to begin with. This skin and the ones from the gorge tournament were the only ones that had the exclusivity thing. Now they just made it more in line with how the rest of the skins are being treated. This whole thing boils down to empty complaints with empty excuses as to why or why not 

the premise of an exclusive skin is that it's exclusive, lmao. it was never presented as "it's exclusive for 4 years" or whatever.

so yes, this isn't right. it's a broken promise or agreement.

the fact that you care or not is the only thing that is irrelevant here. 

On 5/13/2022 at 7:58 AM, PeiperPires said:

:cry:

On 5/15/2022 at 3:23 AM, reallychina said:

the premise of an exclusive skin is that it's exclusive, lmao. it was never presented as "it's exclusive for 4 years" or whatever.

so yes, this isn't right. it's a broken promise or agreement.

the fact that you care or not is the only thing that is irrelevant here. 

It isn't a promise it was a skin given for beta players. That is no more, and you're gonna have to learn to deal with the fact that your mediocre exclusive skin is open to new players of the game. You aren't more special than anyone else just because you bought the game earlier than someone else. And calling someone else's caring irrelevant just shows how stupid this entire situation is cause its all based on some people caring about a now non-exclusive skin.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:06 PM, Dextops said:

It isn't a promise it was a skin given for beta players. That is no more, and you're gonna have to learn to deal with the fact that your mediocre exclusive skin is open to new players of the game. You aren't more special than anyone else just because you bought the game earlier than someone else. And calling someone else's caring irrelevant just shows how stupid this entire situation is cause its all based on some people caring about a now non-exclusive skin.

Everyone always calls the skin mediocre and ugly but also Klei let me have it lol

4 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Everyone always calls the skin mediocre and ugly but also Klei let me have it lol

Never said i wanted it, It's just that making a large commotion over it is pointless in my eyes.

I am a beta player but I missed out on some skins since they were a limited time thing (Stone and Thulecite Wall skins). The fact klei gave people who missed out on some things is a great thing. Nothing was taken away. How is letting everyone have access to skins a bad thing?

Archived