Mods that should (in my opinion) be intergrated into vanilla.

I know many people might not agree with me, but I think that some mods at this point should be integrated into the base game.

Now many people would say "Well, these are mods, you can just download and use them", but there are many, many reasons as for why mods aren't always the best option:
Availability for consoles, compatibility, public servers and integration are a few of the reasons just from the top of my head.
Every new patch and beta update requires constant updates and sometimes mods get discontinued and so forth.
In general, I prefer the vanilla experience over heavy, game-changing mods, and it's a bit of a bummer that my game counts as modded simply for using only one of these.
I hope somebody would consider these options and integrate these wonderful ideas and QoLs made by our lovely community members.

Some fine examples, in my opinion, are:

• Minimap HUD - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=345692228
    I seriously don't get why isn't it a thing yet. There's something so not intuitive about not being able to see the mini-map while you play the game unless you press a button and block your whole screen. Please, Klei. There's a reason why it's one of the most popular mods, ever.
  • Mob Health - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375859599
    This just might be the most controversial mod on this list. I get why people might be very well against it, but the solution is so easy. If you want to keep the mob health hidden for whatever reason - simply let this change be toggleable in the options.
    I find it so annoying when I join public servers and I'm unable to see how much health a boss has left. It doesn't have to be a fancy healthbar or anything, something as simple as a number would do. Heck dont even show me how much damage do I cause, this is my biggest request and the main reason why I made this list. Especially because it can't be client-sided with any mod really.
    Heck, if Klei wants to keep it this private - an item that simply shows mob health while kept in your inventory would be a great addition as well. I bet nobody would complain about some boss drop which would do that.
  • Beefalo Stats - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1852257480
    Year of the Beefalo did SUCH a huge justice to these wonderful beasts. They're nearly a must in every long-running world. From mobility to combat, these creatures are a wonder. But losing your Beefalo in a battle because you were so busy and forgot to notice the red outline, or simply not realizing you're way too far from taming the guy before Spring is always a pain, as well as overfeeding the big guy/gal. It would be such a nice addition, heck, even if only the health bar was added, I wouldn't complain. I'd love to see it making it's way into the game.
  • Keybinds for exclusive characters -
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2043109179
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2597554476
    and so forth. It's such a simple QoL that would benefit so many characters mid-combat like Wendy, Wanda and Wigfrid, to name a few. Much like how pressing the 1~9 numbers helps with switching between gear, amulets, weapons and canes mid-fight.

Thank you for your time!

3 hours ago, . . . said:

You forgot Geometric Placement and Combined Status :wilson_sneaky:

Geometric placement I can get behind, though even that is not as crucial in my eyes. But Combined status feels a bit way too informative for basegame. I get the whole idea of keeping track of time and season changes, as well as temperature. Some stats should be hidden unless you use mods. I simply don't feel like mob/Beefalo health should be one of them.

Take the newbie experience of experiencing Winter for the first time or finding out which mushroom is poisonous and which is not.

4 hours ago, Orchids said:

But Combined status feels a bit way too informative for basegame.

imo players should be able to see their temperature (maybe not the exact amount) but in real life you would have a feeling if you are hot/cold or extremely hot/cold so some sort of icon indicating if the player is (very) hot or cold should exist.

also it's kinda dumb that after all this time such a simple thing which is almost necessary for any game with stats is the player can't see their exact health, hunger, and sanity without hovering over them. i can't imagine playing the game without combined status it feels like playing dst-lite version which is missing lots of crucial ui

the stat bars are also nicely organized in a line which looks aesthetically better than what it is in vanilla too.

not seeing how long seasons will last and what is your naughtiness is fine, but other stuff should be part of dst vanilla.

24 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

No, please. Use mods if you want, but vanilla game have enough information for player

What's your reasoning for not having a minimap or mob health? I am genuinely asking. It's not a challenge, it's just a bother. Pressing M repeatedly doesnt make the game harder, it makes it clunky. And again - many many players cant use mods, and toggleable settings exist.

8 hours ago, BonesJrOfficial said:

I would agree with Geometric Placement and also Global Positions. 
The rest I feel are too revealing / screen cluttering. -Haven't used Key Binds but I might get behind that.

Likewise, also mob health would most likely not show as some UI but rather on top of a mob which already shows it's name and only when you fight/hover. Minimap has the option of being closed and open. And if anything Global Positions feels like just aiding griefers and causes major lag. As well as making some item functions useless (eg Compass, Cartographer desk, etc.)

41 minutes ago, Orchids said:

What's your reasoning for not having a minimap or mob health? I am genuinely asking. It's not a challenge, it's just a bother. Pressing M repeatedly doesnt make the game harder, it makes it clunky. And again - many many players cant use mods, and toggleable settings exist.

Fighting bosses without knowing their health is totally different experience. It's more challenging, add more emotions (killing boss with the last few percent of armour). And it's just better fit for the game.

Minimap is good idea, but I think it shouldn't be like in mod - just add a new menu on a screen. My suggestion - add something like new station, where you can put your hat, and then that hat will have minimap.

I think it's shouldn't be implemented in game. Maybe add special page in mods menu, with recommend mods (like most popular mods right now)

4 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Fighting bosses without knowing their health is totally different experience. It's more challenging, add more emotions (killing boss with the last few percent of armour). And it's just better fit for the game.

Minimap is good idea, but I think it shouldn't be like in mod - just add a new menu on a screen. My suggestion - add something like new station, where you can put your hat, and then that hat will have minimap.

I think it's shouldn't be implemented in game. Maybe add special page in mods menu, with recommend mods (like most popular mods right now)

Some boss fights could go for days upon days, and I find it tiring and bothersome not knowing their health. I quite disagree with this perspective, because, once again - it could be a toggle that's set to off by default if you really want to hide the health this much, but each to their own I guess.

As for the minimap - that's a pretty nifty idea, but would be a total nightmare when it comes down to armor breaking.

The recommended mods would still not help either dedicated servers nor console players because once again the player couldnt use them if they wished to.

7 minutes ago, Orchids said:

As for the minimap - that's a pretty nifty idea, but would be a total nightmare when it comes down to armor breaking.

That's is. You don't need minimap while fighting, so switching to armour close it. After fighting your switch to hat (shanter or eyebrella you know) and minimap turn on.

7 minutes ago, Orchids said:

The recommended mods would still not help either dedicated servers nor console players because once again the player couldnt use them if they wished to.

Maybe like toggle section in option menu. I don't know

1 minute ago, DajeKotlyar said:

That's is. You don't need minimap while fighting, so switching to armour close it. After fighting your switch to hat (shanter or eyebrella you know) and minimap turn on.

Maybe like toggle section in option menu. I don't know

Oh didn't think about that when it comes down to hats, quite right - that's a nifty idea!

9 hours ago, . . . said:

imo players should be able to see their temperature (maybe not the exact amount)

your character make gestures when is starting to have lower/high temperature (way before the screen shows that) so there is not need for that

edit: which actually are really useful cuz you can notice if other players are having problem with temperature since the more they repeat the gesture the less/high temperature they have. Same for hunger or insanity which have their own gestures

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

your character make gestures when is starting to have lower/high temperature (way before the screen shows that) so there is not need for that

the gestures don't happen that early they happen like when your like ~3 points away from overheat or freezing thats kinda useless it only takes few seconds to then freeze or overheat also they only happen when idle which i never idle, always moving and doing stuff.

Maybe if the animation happened while moving too and it happened when player is 15 temperature or 55 temperature it would be more useful

Just now, . . . said:

the gestures don't happen that early they happen like when your like 5 points away from overheat or freezing thats kinda useless it only takes 3 seconds to then freeze or overheat also they only happen when idle which i never idle, always moving and doing stuff.

Maybe if the animation happened while moving too and it happened when player is 15 temperature or 55 temperature it would be more useful

as far as i remeber it also happens when the temperature is getting low but you wont overheat/freeze like in late autumn but i might be wrong. Anyways, i see far more original and fitting with the game gestures and enemy phases that raw data telling you the temperature or the hp left from an enemy (from other suggestions talking about integrating hp bars)

10 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Anyways, i see far more original and fitting with the game gestures and enemy phases that raw data telling you the temperature or the hp left from an enemy (from other suggestions talking about integrating hp bars)

the game already all characters magically know what day it is, how long every day will last, and there is magical map which fills itself. those are huge raw data in game already, being able to see temperature icon and what number your stat bars is just QOL.

Also I don't like seeing health bar of enemies i never said I want that, imo it would be better if bosses appeared damage when on lower hp and maybe limp while moving to indicate they close to death like in monster hunter. i just didnt say my opinion of how i think mob health mod is very unimmersive  but i guess i did now.

14 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

(from other suggestions talking about integrating hp bars)

4 minutes ago, . . . said:

the game already all characters magically know what day it is, how long every day will last, and there is magical map which fills itself. those are huge raw data in game already, being able to see temperature icon and what number your stat bars is just QOL.

Also I don't like seeing health bar of enemies i never said I want that, imo it would be better if bosses appeared damage when on lower hp and maybe limp while moving to indicate they close to death like in monster hunter. i just didnt say my opinion of how i think mob health mod is very unimmersive  but i guess i did now.

i just included my opinion from other comments not made by you, not saying that you did them

i guess i worded it poorly

I support integrate mods that do not reveal extra information than the current vanilla provides.

Currently, vanilla does have map, so mini map HUD integration would be good as a convenience tool. And vanilla does have all the stats info if you hover over hunger/sanity/health, so combined status would also be nice.

But the info about mobs' health is and has always been hidden, so I think it's a bad idea to integrate it and I would consider it as a change of game play. Same with beefalo taming progress.

Regarding beefalo, I do suggest adding more animation to indicate its domestication status. At 25%, 50%, and 75%, beef should have some different animation indicating progress to encourage the tamer or regression to warn the tamer.

Archived