I think having damage over time, besides the powerful and destructive fire, could be a wonderful mechanic. Shipwrecked and Hamlet have poisons. I think it could go well in DST.

Figs are a naturally occurring source of rutin, which has antivenom properties. I know venom and poison are different, but it could work as a neutralizer.

For existing mobs, perhaps the Sea Strider could cause poison. The cure is literally a low hanging fruit nearby and would be a great in-game way to teach about this function. 

Poisons give many new possibilities,  from weapons, to blow darts, to new mobs, freshening of old mobs that seem like a reskin only, adding future content which could use traps, etc. Would help players who enjoy a more stealthy hit and run tactic, not necessarily kiting.

I think WX, Wormwood, Wurt and all murms should be immune. They've all got some balance changes and it made me think about this.

An example of a new and incredibly annoying Mob could spawn in the swamp ponds, during dusk only. Poison Dart Frogs. Neutral unless you get within a tile and a half but they fire a poison dart attack. And drop one on a low chance on defeat. 

Just a suggestion :)

I’ve asked for this so much, Wanda is literal living proof that a poison bleed out effect could work in DST…

But Wanda also becomes harder to play as when the game lags, because UNLIKE other characters you can just keep running away from danger as you lag.. Wanda also has a constantly ticking down health status, so: Are you really far enough from that hound wave to roll your age back.. or are you being fooled by lag?

This is a persistent problem that adding a Poison bleed out effect into DST would bring.

speaking of lag.. what even IS Lag compensation? And why do even the games developers say it’s best to disable it???

5 hours ago, Bones Junior said:

I think having damage over time, besides the powerful and destructive fire, could be a wonderful mechanic. Shipwrecked and Hamlet have poisons. I think it could go well in DST.

Figs are a naturally occurring source of rutin, which has antivenom properties. I know venom and poison are different, but it could work as a neutralizer.

For existing mobs, perhaps the Sea Strider could cause poison. The cure is literally a low hanging fruit nearby and would be a great in-game way to teach about this function. 

Poisons give many new possibilities,  from weapons, to blow darts, to new mobs, freshening of old mobs that seem like a reskin only, adding future content which could use traps, etc. Would help players who enjoy a more stealthy hit and run tactic, not necessarily kiting.

I think WX, Wormwood, Wurt and all murms should be immune. They've all got some balance changes and it made me think about this.

An example of a new and incredibly annoying Mob could spawn in the swamp ponds, during dusk only. Poison Dart Frogs. Neutral unless you get within a tile and a half but they fire a poison dart attack. And drop one on a low chance on defeat. 

Just a suggestion :)

Wormwood is plant, poison eazly kills all kind of organic (plants are organic) wich doesnt have immune to poison....so not logic (other one is good written)

20 minutes ago, ALEXZANDER YT said:

Wormwood is plant, poison eazly kills all kind of organic (plants are organic) wich doesnt have immune to poison....so not logic (other one is good written)

most of the time each kind of poison kill a different type of living being so makes sense that a plant wont die from a poison that affects animals in a videogame

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

most of the time each kind of poison kill a different type of living being so makes sense that a plant wont die from a poison that affects animals in a videogame

Well that make sense since a lot of plants produce poison that kills animals.

Archived