[Suggestion] Mobs to make scannable

Hey everyone, I've been really enjoying the Wx-78 refresh so far, and my favorite part has got to be the mechanic where "Jimmy" can scan certain types of mobs for certain circuits, These are just some suggestions to make some more mobs scannable and what circuits to tie them too.

Thermal Circuit

• Currently scannable mobs for this circuit: Dragonfly
  • Suggestions:
    • The Red Gemmed Deer from Klaus
    • Fire Hounds
    • Lavae
    • Transformed Saladmanders
    • Fire nettles (Hey, they're not a mob, but they're living ain't they?)

Refrigerant Circuit

• Currently scannable mobs for this circuit: Deerclops
  • Suggestions:
    • The Blue Gemmed Deer from Klaus
    • Ice hounds
    • Blue Chester(?)

Illuminant Circuit

• Currently scannable mobs for this circuit: Depth Worm, Squid, Lightbugs
  • Suggestions:
    • Fireflies

Chorusbox Circuit

• Currently scannable mobs for this circuit: Crab King(vomiting)
  • Suggestions:
    • Music Box Hutch!

Acceleration Circuit 2.0

• Currently scannable mobs for this circuit: Ancient Guardian, Rook, Broken Rook
  • Suggestions:
    • Grumble Bee? Might be a bit weird, but those guys are pretty darn fast when their queen commands them to be.

And that's all the suggestions I've for now, :whistle:, feel free to add your own ideas to the batch.

I think beefalo and/or koalephants might be good for acceleration circuit. Rooks currently can be pretty easy to find as long as nobody's killed them yet, so I think beef & koalas would be about as difficult while making it a little more multiplayer friendly.

I think some of the balance is tied to location/difficulty of the mob. And i know for most forumers difficulty means nothing, but for the majority of the playerbase this is an  effective measure of balance.

Whacking the giant bee hive and scanning a grumble bee seems like a whole lot less effort than exploring the ruins for the Ancient Guardian or broken clockwork, especially when the reward is the best perk speed. 

Alot of your suggestions seem too easy to come by with no real effort

I like that it encourages you to travel to different locations like the sea and ruins to obtain the perk.

Just now, Hornete said:

*While being chased and whacked by the Giant Mother of this bee.

Okay, sure that suggestion is not as easy as some of the others, but fireflies for example replacing mobs from the ruins or ocean. I like that it seems like their goal was to give incentive for players to leave the mainland and have objectives for you to do in the ocean or ruins.

Archived